Bye Bye for now....Amazon

Fragile

These businesses are the only opportunity for teamsters and UPS to shine together. If you can get these companies to go away or become union... UPS wins and so do the teamsters. If they became union they'd go out of business there by eliminating the competition.

The entire independent contractor business model for any kind of physical labor is a gimmick. We're not selling real estate here. We (UPS and the teamsters) should be lobbying democrats for legislation that makes these sort of fly by night start up messenger businesses illegal. Not to mention its extremely dangerous because these drivers are working as quick as possible to finish.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Until Amazon starts losing money from missing orders and poor customer service with the delivery. Cheap labor gets you cheap results. It can easily turn a company like Amazon into a Sears. In retail, customer satisfaction and getting the product to them in a timely manner in one piece is the name of the game. When they constantly have to resend orders due to theft or misdelivery, that'll kill their already thin profit margins.

I see them going in a terrible direction real quick
It's just the status quo for these billionaire tech guys.... and it seems like they are almost trying to prove something to all of the other"traditional" businesses...

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
My amazon box came via lasership today. Last 2 before that were usps. 2day shipping came usps. The free shipping came lasership.

onehandsolo

In my area a while back the lasership guy told me that they had lose most of there Amazon volume to usps. For what it is worth Amazon opened a fulfillment center in the area which could explain the volume switch. I even had a few customers mention that they r receiving more Amazon packages via Fed Ex.

opie

My last 3 Amazon orders have been delivered by Amazon. They are expanding and testing their own delivery service.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Amazon will always be one of those flip flopper accounts that will exploit whoever they can. It wasn't that long ago when amazon and ups probably set up their system and probably gave them lots of "usefull" info on logistics that they are now using against us. Fast forward a few years when during a contract negotiation with Amazon ups went in there and amazon wanted a certain pricing and ups said no way...well the next few days amazon pulled all of their ups shipping and guess who ran back to amazon and agreed on their original pricing...lol. Imo amazon is trying to compete against anyone and everyone almost like a G.E. from a few years ago...unless it's something that I can't get anywhere else I have been using less and less of them as time goes on. They seem to almost have this fanboy or fan girl cult like following almost like apple but not quite..

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
Just received this from Amazon via USPS tiny truck: 22 lbs 10 oz 18x14x8.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1435697339.376477.jpg

It's also a combined shipment, a first from Amazon to me.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1435698456.571521.jpg

Guess they are really trying to trim the fat.

Last edited:

SCV good to go sir.

Hello: I'm a druggie with no real world experience or critical thinking skills. I am astute enough to notice that the shaddy drug website I used to get my hits from used UPS. According to my dealer (who would never lie to me to make himself look good) UPS is responsible for all missing deliveries (including my own). He assured me that FedEx doesn't have the same issues. And I believe him. Why you may ask? Well if I'm too stupid to consider that other druggies recognize boxes that may have drugs in them and then proceed to steal such boxes; you surely cannot expect me to believe that a rival company with similar logistics won't face the same problem as the current company. Sure enough, about two months later, I noticed that all my drugstore.com deliveries were being made by FedEx instead of by UPS.

Now, what led me to this forum was me being bitter about my missing drugs and high enough to believe that I'm smart person with a reasonable argument. I'll have you know that while I'm spewing this diatribe on Browncafe, I am also calling the corporate number to complain about a Home Depot order that I never actually ordered. I'm just so high that I believe UPS packages spontaneously teleport into a brown oblivion (that's what this site is right?).

My question is this: Do you have my packages?

I fixed that for you buddy. And no we don't have your packages. I would suggest you call the FedEx corporate number and hit up Purple Cafe. FedEx might be able to send one of their service providers into our oblivion to retrieve your missing boxes.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
What the hell does Ali Baba sell? Flying carpets and camel turds?
They're the Chinese version of Amazon. They're gearing up to enter the U.S. Market. They had a huge IPO recently too.

I think they will cause Amazon to rethink their whole strategy. Especially the part about their vendor relationships including with UPS

brett636

http://www.indeed.com/cmp/First-Del...very-Driver-Customer-Service-c501d0f7d7fc58ed

$105.00 for a 10 hour day plus weekends in San Diego? Where do I sign?

http://www.indeed.com/cmp/Inpax-Shipping-Solutions/jobs/Delivery-Driver-83a9dd5b80408ae8
$10 an hour with weekends, evenings and holidays? In Chicago $10 an hour should definitely buy you a really nice house, right? Yeah baby!

I like how they also require 2 years of professional driving experience. For $10/hr. on average I bet an experienced driver could go elsewhere and make better money. Especially in big expensive cities like San Diego and Chicago.

Wayne05

Amazon isn't going anywhere. I think it comes in waves depending on where in the US you are.
They're not the cheapest online shopping anymore. With their thin profit margins, they can't keep believing they can offer free or cheap shipping or anything else for that matter. Eventually the race to the bottom for maximum profit catches up to you.

My hub gets a ton of Sierra trading post!!