Called in sick. Was harrassed 3 hours later.

Maybe one day somebody with a soul will look back and make note of how the company treated its workers during the pandemic. They're not even paying for all the days you might be quarantined or in the hospital with the disease. It's something like 10 business days yet the virus can shut you down for 2-6 weeks. Amazing, isn't it?
My center manager was crying about 9-5 grievances and I told him I said that don't stop you from passing that warning letters does it?
He was trying to claim this is pandemic and the contract is not enforce
LMAO

UPSER1987

Maybe one day somebody with a soul will look back and make note of how the company treated its workers during the pandemic. They're not even paying for all the days you might be quarantined or in the hospital with the disease. It's something like 10 business days yet the virus can shut you down for 2-6 weeks. Amazing, isn't it?

Did you post this right after a trip to the market or a doctor visit?

quad decade guy

I do sleepers. I called in an option day for the day we depart first of the week. That generally means you're off rest of the week. Ok. Get a call from ors. "Uh, we're contacting everyone that has called in....". Me-"What?". "Why?". Me-" I used an option day". Ors-"Oh. Doesn't say that here..."I'll have the payroll clerk correct it" Me-"yeah".

But then, I've heard this is happening all over.

Interestingly, Ors said-"I'll just put you down for Covid..." Me-"no you won't".

Absolutely true story. Bizarre.

iruhnman630

I'm surprised they agreed to the 10 days so easily

Short-term disability will need to cover the rest

Poop Head

Judge me.
You guys say Call Off like you're calling off a ball game or something but the ball game is still happening. It's known as calling in, guys. In. :)
When upstate "banged in" they would immediately stop the belts and send everyone home. Then the supes would call off all the other drivers and tell them to stay home.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You guys say Call Off like you're calling off a ball game or something but the ball game is still happening. It's known as calling in, guys. In. :)

I'm calling off from my participation in work that day. As far as I am concerned, work is cancelled. Do you get laid in? Laid out? Or laid off?

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Self quarantine is only 14 days-----anything beyond that would require medical documentation. Simply not feeling comfortable going to work would not qualify for STD.

It all takes medical documentation Einstein
They aren’t going to give away 14 days of pay just because Beavis says he has a fever

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It all takes medical documentation Einstein
They aren’t going to give away 14 days of pay just because Beavis says he has a fever

Not necessarily. All it takes is potential exposure to a positive patient to warrant the 14 day self quarantine and the COVID pay. You don't even have to show symptoms.

JJinVA

Working preload. We start at 4am. Decided to call off and got in touch with the office and a part time sup at 2:18 am after trying after 1/2 an hour trying to reach them. Told them I needed to use a sick day. boom. Went back to sleep.

Get a call at 5am from a full time sup telling me "I didn't sound sick" and I needed to come in or I would be suspended and that they didnt get the call for a sick day.

My sole response was "just make sure I get paid for my sick day, I told supX at 218am that I was going to be sick" then I hanged up.

Im worried now.

I really need management to stop harassing me. Would it be a waste of time going EEOC after my grievance? What steps should I take to best defend myself?

4am? Wow youre lucky. Our preloaders have been coming in at 1am and still going down after 10.