Called in sick. Was harrassed 3 hours later.

goosie

Working preload. We start at 4am. Decided to call off and got in touch with the office and a part time sup at 2:18 am after trying after 1/2 an hour trying to reach them. Told them I needed to use a sick day. boom. Went back to sleep.

Get a call at 5am from a full time sup telling me "I didn't sound sick" and I needed to come in or I would be suspended and that they didnt get the call for a sick day.

My sole response was "just make sure I get paid for my sick day, I told supX at 218am that I was going to be sick" then I hanged up.

Im worried now.

I really need management to stop harassing me. Would it be a waste of time going EEOC after my grievance? What steps should I take to best defend myself?

iruhnman630

Sounds like you did the right thing. EEOC may be a bit of a stretch though.

The ft sup had no business calling you to see if you 'sound' sick.

How is your attendance?

Working preload. We start at 4am. Decided to call off and got in touch with the office and a part time sup at 2:18 am after trying after 1/2 an hour trying to reach them. Told them I needed to use a sick day. boom. Went back to sleep.

Get a call at 5am from a full time sup telling me "I didn't sound sick" and I needed to come in or I would be suspended and that they didnt get the call for a sick day.

My sole response was "just make sure I get paid for my sick day, I told supX at 218am that I was going to be sick" then I hanged up.

Im worried now.

I really need management to stop harassing me. Would it be a waste of time going EEOC after my grievance? What steps should I take to best defend myself?
Hopefully you learned your lesson next time you call off don't answer the phone

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.

Im worried now.

Are you a problem child? They usually don’t harass employees with clean attendance

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Im worried now.

how about this
Don’t answer the phone

542thruNthru

how about this
Don’t answer the phone

Or answer the phone and next time lay into that manager with everything you've ever wanted to say to a person.

Call me on my personal phone on my personal time and think you can talk to me like you're my boss. I know one thing he'll hang up on me before I will him. :)

PT Car Washer

Or answer the phone and next time lay into that manager with everything you've ever wanted to say to a person.

Call me on my personal phone on my personal time and think you can talk to me like you're my boss. I know one thing he'll hang up on me before I will him. :)
Not a manager but a FT sup. The only thing lower then a preload manager on the corporate ladder.

dezguy

Im worried now.

Did you ask him where he got his medical degree?

goosie

Sounds like you did the right thing. EEOC may be a bit of a stretch though.

The ft sup had no business calling you to see if you 'sound' sick.

How is your attendance?

Welp as far as being on time, just super! But I have been using my personal days and sick days every Saturday for the past month. Used a sick day this current Saturday (hopefully they pay me for it)! Got a personal next saturday, then 2 weeks of vacation after that! and guess what?! personal days reset in May for us(the clip is reloaded)! I might go 3 months with out working a back breaking understaffed Saturday!:annoyed2: On top of that Im a hard worker constantly harassed to go faster, oh and I do good sir! Whats that Im not :censored2:? ok Ill speed up! *cough* *cough* oh no I better use my sick days that I never use! Now all that work I usually do is backing up on lazy workers as asinine UPS increases our hubs volume and assaults good workers. (I guess I asked for this but hey its all within contract)

Its hilarious how much management and employees :censored3: themselves when the worker who just likes to work and and goes above and beyond goes MIA(within contract). Please and thank you go further than harassment.

Sadly though rather than just keep new workers they hire or give hazard pay to compete with other companies like amazon they would rather send them back out the revolving door or tell them they need to leave early so they can save money by short handing the operation. Maybe they wouldn't sweat my sick day right now if they actually tried to keep the people they hire. :nobrainzombis:

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

Im worried now.

i just tell them I have the :censored2:s and i will spend most of my time in the bathroom if i come in

iruhnman630

Welp as far as being on time, just super! But I have been using my personal days and sick days every Saturday for the past month. Used a sick day this current Saturday (hopefully they pay me for it)! Got a personal next saturday, then 2 weeks of vacation after that! and guess what?! personal days reset in May for us(the clip is reloaded)! I might go 3 months with out working a back breaking understaffed Saturday!:annoyed2: On top of that Im a hard worker constantly harassed to go faster, oh and I do good sir! Whats that Im not :censored2:? ok Ill speed up! *cough* *cough* oh no I better use my sick days that I never use! Now all that work I usually do is backing up on lazy workers as asinine UPS increases our hubs volume and assaults good workers. (I guess I asked for this but hey its all within contract)

Its hilarious how much management and employees :censored3: themselves when the worker who just likes to work and and goes above and beyond goes MIA(within contract). Please and thank you go further than harassment.

Sadly though rather than just keep new workers they hire or give hazard pay to compete with other companies like amazon they would rather send them back out the revolving door or tell them they need to leave early so they can save money by short handing the operation. Maybe they wouldn't sweat my sick day right now if they actually tried to keep the people they hire. :nobrainzombis:
So you do call in alot, specifically to get out of working Saturdays.

Certainly explains the response.

We have attendance guidelines to follow. Push them to the limits and you should not be surprised when management starts pushing back, especially if that many are doing it, causing staffing issues.

Having a job comes with some commitments. It is called being an adult.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I want language in the next contract that says they cannot call you when off the clock....it’s annoying enough to have the center ring you off the hook for 5 minutes while on road only for them to send you a message “are you going to finish” or “please help blank when you’re done.” And we all have to turn our phones off on scheduled days off to avoid contact. Enough is enough

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Having a job comes with some commitments. It is called being an adult.
Hell not even that, losing sick and optional days like that will really send you in for a tailspin if you really end up needing them. And they get paid out in lump if you don't use them. Save them for life events: got tickets to a show, meeting a girl at a bar? Not because you fear work lol.