Can I park in bike lanes?

sambag

Montreal here. Earlier today I parked my UPS truck on the bike lane. The police gave me a warning not to do that again. He said he’ll give me a ticket next time. I thought I’m legally allowed to park on bike paths if I do it quick. Please advice.

oldngray

nowhere special
It depends ....

ups-bike-delivery.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
park where ever you want to as long as you don't park on a biker---but be prepared to take some crap for it a few times.

GenericUsername

Different areas have different rules/laws. Also it depends if the officer is having a bad day or not. They don't pull us over here regardless of how fast we're going. They don't ticket us for parking in places or give us warnings for anything. They just let us do our job because they know we'll be out of the way in a minute or two and life will be back to normal. Why even bother to waste their/our time?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Montreal here. Earlier today I parked my UPS truck on the bike lane. The police gave me a warning not to do that again. He said he’ll give me a ticket next time. I thought I’m legally allowed to park on bike paths if I do it quick. Please advice.
We park anywhere we want.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Depemds on how big a set you're carrying

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Bike lane law is almost universal but law enforcement towards it is going to change quite a bit.

It's the metagame of blurring traffic law to suit our needs for parking. And in montreal, where I hope most everybody better accommodates bicyclists and pedestrians as an overall marginalized group. I would try not to use the bike lane if it can be avoided.

Most of suburban and expanding america would not care at all if you took lunch in a bike lane.

Fuzzy Brown

You guys make great steak seasoning.

ouanling

UPS will pay any ticket that isnt speeding, stop sign or a red light.

Also with a commercial vehicle you can stop on a bike path for some time.

tell police boy to reread his books, too much donut sugar fried his memory

charm299

Yes, as long as your truck identifies as a bike