Can We Please Have a Contract Book

Discussion in 'The Archives' started by steward, Jun 5, 2003.

1. steward

steward Guest

It Just is beyond comprehension that we are approaching a full year under this fantastic contract and cant be given it in book form. May I please have my contract book now, UPS and IBT?

2. proups

proups Guest

UPS is not responsible for printing the contract book. That is up to the IBT. Call your local union hall.

3. bigbrownone

bigbrownone Guest

we got ours today.

4. toonertoo

toonertoo Guest

19 yrs and I have Never gotten a book. They say stop by the union hall and get one, they are open 9 to 5,......need I say more

5. my2cents

my2cents Guest

Ours came out yesterday and were handed out to those who randomly wandered into the break-room. As usual, many people were unaware of this. I caught wind of this event after the fact and raised the issue with my steward. Anyway, copies were obtained for myself and several co-workers as a result today. I still can't understand why they can't post a notice on the bulletin board notifying the rank and file that copies of the CBA are now available. I'm sure there are still people in our building who desire a copy and have no knowledge of its current existence. Better communication definitely needed in this area.

6. deliver_man

deliver_man Guest

Our business agent and 3 shop stewards were standing at the main entrance on tuesday, handing out books to everyone who walked by. It's not that hard to do.

7. brownmonster

brownmonster Guest

Ours were handed out a the union meeting last Thursday. The 15 drivers out of 58 that showed up got one and also a free lunch.