Central States going broke---

Inthegame

I guess I would rather see the employers that the Teamsters in CS actually worked for have to clean up the pension obligations to the members rather than you and I have to pay for it with higher and higher taxes.
Those employers took advantage of tax and bankruptcy laws to escape their obligation. But many are still in business with re-iterations of ownership and name changes. Some even kept their name after stiffing their pension obligation...eg Hostess.
BTW, guess which political party pushed those laws through? Hint...check out the first law passed under GW in 2001.
The Central had decades to make changes, did nothing.
Wrong. The CSPF was constrained by law to not reduce retiree benefits which would've helped their funding shortfalls. The head administrator Tom Nyhan of CSPF introduced a plan to keep the CSPF solvent in 2010. No action was taken by the Republican controlled Congress. When the opportunity to reduce benefits arose in late 2014, the new more drastic CSPF plan was rejected by the Treasury dept as "insufficient" to avoid their eventual collapse. UPS lobbied heavily against that plan.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I'm telling you the pension is based on 40 hours over time does not go into the calculation

If you are under the IBT/UPS pension the weekly monetary contributions per article 34 do not apply. It applies only to the union controlled “Monetary Contribution Pension Plans” like Peer 80 and most of the Western Conference.

The IBT/UPS plan is a “Defined Pension Plan” which only has to contribute at the end of the year to cover the promised benefits.