Central States going broke---

Overpaid Union Thug

But you can't blame everybody for your problems You got to take a little responsibility for yourself. He can cry all he wants to but it's not going to change anything.
I don’t know what problems, if any, he has been blaming others for. I don’t have the time or desire to read each and every comment on here but I guess I can assume it is, maybe, about his pension having been in critical status?

But the claim about boomers is pretty much correct. There are so many of them and more and more are starting to retire and collect. And they, in fact, squandered the Social Security fund while they have been in power.

Hopefully more of us non-boomers have been at least trying to prepare for the eventual results of that. But I don’t think that is the case.

I don’t know what problems, if any, he has been blaming others for. I don’t have the time or desire to read each and every comment on here but I guess I can assume it is, maybe, about his pension having been in critical status?

But the claim about boomers is pretty much correct. There are so many of them and more and more are starting to retire and collect. And they, in fact, squandered the Social Security fund while they have been in power.

Hopefully more of us non-boomers have been at least trying to prepare for the eventual results of that. But I don’t think that is the case.
You always have to take care of yourself first prepare for your worst and hope for the best

Inthegame

Since they only contributed 1.2% of their obligation, those workers should only receive 1.2% in benefits. In the west that’s a $96,000 gross payout for the whole company.
At the point the CF employees affected by the "faux" bankruptcy lost their employment, their pension accrual credits ended.

Teamster members from over 1200 employers once viable in the CSPF are now listed as orphans. It takes quite an imagination to believe these were all legit bankruptcies.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
you are absolutely right....unfortunately the term ..let the buyer beware.. applies here as well.....I would think that the Teamsters will honor their commitment to the members and come across with a good retirement including no cost to the members medical, dental and vision plan.

I know that you have retired under the company plan (UPS Retirement Plan) set up for high salary or non union employees, and I presume you are very comfortable with the benefits and perks. Basically it is 50 % of your base salary calculated from your best 5 years, plus no cost health coverage till age 65, for you and your spouse, you stated previously that you retired when the going was good.

Your statement about the Teamster's honor of commitment to their members is a true one, but before we start putting UPS Corporate on the pedestal of how run a pension plan you better research some of their previous dealings with Union and Non Union employees who were originally in that plan and were mysterious booted out, prior to the stock going public in l999. Does "Morrow II" sound familiar, in l991 Scott Davis decided to move them (200 employees) into the UPS Pension Plan to save money, that was just before they promoted him to the Board and then CEO. Scott retired and I expect is living comfortably on a roughly 4 million a year pension benefit..

I mentioned that you deserve every dollar you get from UPS for your long service that still stands, but never bring up any integrity superiority with the way UPS has treated those that they deem as unworthy or unfitting.

The bottom line is that the ERISA act of l974 is a piss poor law that Companies and unfortunately Unions have taken advantage for over 48 years. The penalties and the fines over any violations are a joke and are not taken seriously by the Plan Administrators or the Board of Trustees, when people go to jail maybe, just maybe things will change for the common worker expecting a decent retirement and not just for the higher elites..

Karma...

I know that you have retired under the company plan (UPS Retirement Plan) set up for high salary or non union employees, and I presume you are very comfortable with the benefits and perks. Basically it is 50 % of your base salary calculated from your best 5 years, plus no cost health coverage till age 65, for you and your spouse, you stated previously that you retired when the going was good.

Your statement about the Teamster's honor of commitment to their members is a true one, but before we start putting UPS Corporate on the pedestal of how run a pension plan you better research some of their previous dealings with Union and Non Union employees who were originally in that plan and were mysterious booted out, prior to the stock going public in l999. Does "Morrow II" sound familiar, in l991 Scott Davis decided to move them (200 employees) into the UPS Pension Plan to save money, that was just before they promoted him to the Board and then CEO. Scott retired and I expect is living comfortably on a roughly 4 million a year pension benefit..

I mentioned that you deserve every dollar you get from UPS for your long service that still stands, but never bring up any integrity superiority with the way UPS has treated those that they deem as unworthy or unfitting.

The bottom line is that the ERISA act of l974 is a piss poor law that Companies and unfortunately Unions have taken advantage for over 48 years. The penalties and the fines over any violations are a joke and are not taken seriously by the Plan Administrators or the Board of Trustees, when people go to jail maybe, just maybe things will change for the common worker expecting a decent retirement and not just for the higher elites..
I will clarify myself...I feel that every american citizen is entitled to either a company/union pension by their choice of either a 401k plan or defined pension by their decision when they have say 5 years seniority.......when they retire and have enough credits/years they are entitled to100% medical, dental and vision until medicare kicks in....retirement age should be a combination of age/years/credits of say 80..I dont and never thought that the ups plan is great......we live in the most wealthy nation in the world........I am sure that others will be able to refine what I am saying. ups people both hourly and non-hourly are quality people and should be treated as such instead of being just another company.........I sure hope that the government does not get involved in any more enhancements and control......I truly mean no offense to anyone work solving issues and not allowing personalities and egos get in the way....

Jlandry

Central states. You people need to wake up. Freddy Z was a big part of why it’s going broke. He was on that pension board and voted to let ups out which we all know is why it’s going broke. Wake up before it’s to late. Now Freddy wants to handle the finances of our union on a National level. He will destroy our union along with Sean O and Taibi.

Inthegame

Central states. You people need to wake up. Freddy Z was a big part of why it’s going broke. He was on that pension board and voted to let ups out which we all know is why it’s going broke. Wake up before it’s to late. Now Freddy wants to handle the finances of our union on a National level. He will destroy our union along with Sean O and Taibi.
Hmmm... so what pension board was Fred Z on?

He was on the UPS National Negotiating Committee that approved the negotiated request to withdraw. But one vote on a 74 person committee is hardly a "big part."

I'm not a fan of Fred Z for other reasons but his role in UPS leaving the CSPF was insignificant.

UPS did pay their legal obligation in full with a 6.2 bl infusion of cash to the CSPF which put the plan in Green Zone status (+ 80% funded).

Had every other fleeing company paid their withdrawal liability obligation when due instead of manipulating fake bankruptcies, the CSPF wouldn't need any help.

He was on the UPS National Negotiating Committee that approved the negotiated request to withdraw. But one vote on a 74 person committee is hardly a "big part."

I'm not a fan of Fred Z for other reasons but his role in UPS leaving the CSPF was insignificant.

UPS did pay their legal obligation in full with a 6.2 bl infusion of cash to the CSPF which put the plan in Green Zone status (+ 80% funded).

Had every other fleeing company paid their withdrawal liability obligation when due instead of manipulating fake bankruptcies, the CSPF wouldn't need any help.
If they want real pension reform they the start to look at companies that go bankrupt and make any proceeds from the sale of assets go to the pension funds first before other obligations

Jlandry

I have zero respect for Fred. all the research I have done on Sean I can’t respect him either. I honestly believe these two will destroy the Teamsters.

Jlandry

I did a little reading on the VaIrma and H guys. Both seem to be true union guys. At least they don’t bully their members like Sean. Fred just seems like an idiot to me

Inthegame

I did a little reading on the VaIrma and H guys. Both seem to be true union guys. At least they don’t bully their members like Sean. Fred just seems like an idiot to me
Steve Vairma is legit, but there's also some quality people on the OZ slate. I'm not so sure the right guys are on top of the OZ slate, but either of these two groups will be an improvement.

Jlandry

Steve Vairma is legit, but there's also some quality people on the OZ slate. I'm not so sure the right guys are on top of the OZ slate, but either of these two groups will be an improvement.
I agree. I don’t care for Sean or Fred. Sean is nothing but a bull:censored2:tter and a bully. Fred is just an idiot. Both bad for the Teamsters