Central States Pension Cut to be Announced Next Week!!!!!!

804brown

If your contract is bad in ny local 804 maybe you should look at the person who negotiated your weak locals supplement.....maybe they should ask kh for help this way the local sup won't be so weak for New Yorkers.......maybe instead of playing politics and trying to divide the union you can support the ibt.......I am glad you can admit your local sup is worse than ohios.....admitting you have a problem in local 804 is the first step to correcting the problem
You guys all sound desperate. You should be nervous because next year is gonna be the end of a "error".

You really make me laugh here. "Maybe ask Hall for help"?? The Concession Kid?? LOL, no thanks. Actually early in negotiations when Tim told Hall what out goal was for our pension increase ($400), Hall said that is not possible, maybe you can get $100 or so!! And look how it ended. We DID get the $400 increase because we (Tim) DIDNT take hall advise.
The weaknesses in out local supplement are being addressed. The pension was one, the outdated grievance procedure was another as well as the 150 FT jobs. Those weaknesses were inherited by our E/B from the previous Old Guard board. Remember this was just Tim's FIRST contract. I can't wait until 2018!!
The only "problem" I am "admitting" is the current "leadership" in Washington under Hoffa/Hall.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Actually early in negotiations when Tim told Hall what out goal was for our pension increase ($400), Hall said that is not possible, maybe you can get $100 or so!! And look how it ended. We DID get the $400 increase because we (Tim) DIDNT take hall advise.
Hell, you could have gotten $2000 more a month. Doesn't mean it's sustainable. Hall was saving your new hires from suffering the same fate Carey put them in.

Compensation should not be based upon where you live.
Thank you. What I got from 804brown is that he feels it should. Either that or he was talking out his ass. Whichever it is him being close to tim s shows some of the whacked out ideological ways I differ from th teamster united go candidate.

You guys all sound desperate. You should be nervous because next year is gonna be the end of a "error".

You really make me laugh here. "Maybe ask Hall for help"?? The Concession Kid?? LOL, no thanks. Actually early in negotiations when Tim told Hall what out goal was for our pension increase ($400), Hall said that is not possible, maybe you can get $100 or so!! And look how it ended. We DID get the $400 increase because we (Tim) DIDNT take hall advise.
The weaknesses in out local supplement are being addressed. The pension was one, the outdated grievance procedure was another as well as the 150 FT jobs. Those weaknesses were inherited by our E/B from the previous Old Guard board. Remember this was just Tim's FIRST contract. I can't wait until 2018!!
The only "problem" I am "admitting" is the current "leadership" in Washington under Hoffa/Hall.
Newsflash hall got us 400 bucks too. You getting 400 dollars when your pension fund is about to tak a big poop is not a good long term financial decision for the membership of local 804 and you know it. My pension fund is 106% funded so that 400 buck increase was responsible.

804brown

Hell, you could have gotten $2000 more a month. Doesn't mean it's sustainable. Hall was saving your new hires from suffering the same fate Carey put them in.
No, Tim asked for a reasonable increase. On that the actuaries agreed was doable and sustainable. Hall of course thought it too aggressive, that UPS "would never agree to that number". Well, this is one reason why Hall has lost his credibility he ONCE had when he worked under Carey.

No, Tim asked for a reasonable increase. On that the actuaries agreed was doable and sustainable. Hall of course thought it too aggressive, that UPS "would never agree to that number". Well, this is one reason why Hall has lost his credibility he ONCE had when he worked under Carey.
You are telling a fabricated lie. Anyone with half a billion win can see your increase with the hat your fund has to work with makes your pension a ponzi sceam.

804brown

Newsflash hall got us 400 bucks too. You getting 400 dollars when your pension fund is about to tak a big poop is not a good long term financial decision for the membership of local 804 and you know it. My pension fund is 106% funded so that 400 buck increase was responsible.
Our pension is now 70% funded and ahead of schedule to come out of red zone.
The 106% number is irrelevant. It is important if and only if UPS goes under. It would need to be able to pay out all obligations, etc. No one thinks UPS is going under so being 100% funded is sort of beside the point. The more important point is whether the fund is healthy and has good cash flow and strong investments.

The 106% number is irrelevant. It is important if and only if UPS goes under. It would need to be able to pay out all obligations, etc. No one thinks UPS is going under so being 100% funded is sort of beside the point. The more important point is whether the fund is healthy and has good cash flow and strong investments.
The 106% funded comes into play when the number of retirees grown in the future. This is not a possibility but a certainty. Your supposedly 70 takes a big dump.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Now is 70%. Lol, too bad it won't last. Tim is an idiot. Once again he led members of a cliff to poverty. He will never be president of this international.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
UPS has already paid for your pension once ... why should they pay twice.

T

Turdferguson

Disagree.
A UPS Driver in a small rural town in South Georgia is one of the "richest" people in town.
In NYC, that same driver pay may need public assistance.

Management pay is based on where your facility is located.

Nice conjecture and invective.
Unfortunately, a logical deduction and projection.

Feederquacker

Remember that UPS members are in a single employer fund. They won't be affected by the cut if there is one. Those guys need to calm down.