Central States Pension Cut to be Announced Next Week!!!!!!

Here's an example. I have bronchitis. I let it go for a while and went to the doctor yesterday. I'm on the verge of pneumonia. I paid 20 bucks then got on three prescriptions which cost me 11bucks and change. I'm off for a three day weekend with the paid holiday. I could chose to take Monday off paid or not paid and I'll still make 1600bucks. Life for me is so so hard:) Ups teamster problems.

By The Book

I wouldn't throw a fit over any of this stuff. To make the kind of money and have the kind of benefits the teamsters have negotiated for me or us we are truly blessed. Being upsers we sometime lose touch with reality. In the real world we are kings. When we only fraternize with each other we tend to go the misery loves company route.
You are one of the involved members who takes pride in voting.....I'm sure. The members who complain about things after the fact, and not vote, get what they get and have no right to complain. Vote how you vote so your voice is heard, but get involved people, it's only your future/career at stake. It could get interesting if the master doesn't pass this next go round.

804brown

I wouldn't throw a fit over any of this stuff. To make the kind of money and have the kind of benefits the teamsters have negotiated for me or us we are truly blessed. Being upsers we sometime lose touch with reality. In the real world we are kings. When we only fraternize with each other we tend to go the misery loves company route.
Keep supporting mediocrity. Im not sure what $34/hr gets you in Ohio but in places like the NYC area and other large cities it doesn't go that far. You put us down for yearning for something better yet you cast your lot with the house slaves that "negotiate" our contracts.
At times you write about solidarity and how awful and greedy and selfish the GOP/repubs are, yet you only look at what YOU might have instead of getting the big picture of brothers and sisters nationwide suffering. Mediocre raises ( split ones at that) that dont adequately help when expenses rise faster. For many PTers, Teamcare is a step backwards.
You and others also say that "they dont vote", etc. Well, in the past, maybe they didnt vote because it didnt personally affect them. I think this last contract and its huge concessions have awoken a sleeping giant. They are living with the real lif

Ouch

Suppsedly the fund is fully funded. Only a portion of mine is with central states. So will my central states pension be cut but I still draw a full ups portion?

Keep supporting mediocrity. Im not sure what $34/hr gets you in Ohio but in places like the NYC area and other large cities it doesn't go that far. You put us down for yearning for something better yet you cast your lot with the house slaves that "negotiate" our contracts.
At times you write about solidarity and how awful and greedy and selfish the GOP/repubs are, yet you only look at what YOU might have instead of getting the big picture of brothers and sisters nationwide suffering. Mediocre raises ( split ones at that) that dont adequately help when expenses rise faster. For many PTers, Teamcare is a step backwards.
You and others also say that "they dont vote", etc. Well, in the past, maybe they didnt vote because it didnt personally affect them. I think this last contract and its huge concessions have awoken a sleeping giant. They are living with the real lif
So 34 dollars isn't the same in New York? Tell me something I don't know. So what you are saying is you deserve more than I do in Ohio? Part time to full time has always been the goal. There are a lot of opportunities to go full time. Times differ in different locations. When I was a part timer for years I worked as a garbage man meat cutter dock worker and landscaper. I also drove for interstate brands. I would take the job I have now over all these occupations. The job I have pays 30% more at a minimum and the benefits are far better as well. I went last weekend and bought a 38thousand dollar Chevy traverse. The teamster and ups have made a good life for this Ohio guy. Am I supposed to feel for you because you reside in New York that's like me being mad because you have the Yankees and Giants. Cost of living is not my problem and I don't think you deserve more compensation than I because of geography. What's your point?

Suppsedly the fund is fully funded. Only a portion of mine is with central states. So will my central states pension be cut but I still draw a full ups portion?
If you retired after 2008 you are covered. Ups is on the hook for anything central states defaults on.

804brown

So 34 dollars isn't the same in New York? Tell me something I don't know. So what you are saying is you deserve more than I do in Ohio? Part time to full time has always been the goal. There are a lot of opportunities to go full time. Times differ in different locations. When I was a part timer for years I worked as a garbage man meat cutter dock worker and landscaper. I also drove for interstate brands. I would take the job I have now over all these occupations. The job I have pays 30% more at a minimum and the benefits are far better as well. I went last weekend and bought a 38thousand dollar Chevy traverse. The teamster and ups have made a good life for this Ohio guy. Am I supposed to feel for you because you reside in New York that's like me being mad because you have the Yankees and Giants. Cost of living is not my problem and I don't think you deserve more compensation than I because of geography. What's your point?
For someone who is proud to be union and a Teamster, you also seem very obsessed with things and toys like expensive steaks and trucks. Its a superficial and selfish mindset. You still dont get it: You sold out to the sell outs!! I think you need to start thinking bigger than yourself. Start living the word solidarity instead of only talking the word. It's when UPS or any other employer gets us to think of ONLY ourselves and not collectively that we are doomed.

For someone who is proud to be union and a Teamster, you also seem very obsessed with things and toys like expensive steaks and trucks. Its a superficial and selfish mindset. You still dont get it: You sold out to the sell outs!! I think you need to start thinking bigger than yourself. Start living the word solidarity instead of only talking the word. It's when UPS or any other employer gets us to think of ONLY ourselves and not collectively that we are doomed.
Because I eat a steak and I buy an American car for my wife that's middle of the line I think about myself? You are a lost teamsters. TDU delusional. You constantly contradict yourself. The car I drive lasts me over ten years. I get the best I can for my family. Bring your a game to this site son because it on.

804brown

Keep putting your eggs in upsers to vote your tdu slate. I'm looking at upsers and the one million others.
They have no positive reason to vote Hoffa/Hall. They too have been screwed over time by your Sell Outs in Suits. You could try and scare these union members all you want. But too many are sick and tired of the same ol same ol. The ship is sinking. It is just a matter of time.

They have no positive reason to vote Hoffa/Hall. They too have been screwed over time by your Sell Outs in Suits. You could try and scare these union members all you want. But too many are sick and tired of the same ol same ol. The ship is sinking. It is just a matter of time.
When your tdu clowns lose I will rejoice and laugh my ass off at you and those that though tdu's communist organization will win. Can't wait till November 2016.

You post something that makes no sense and then you come back with this post. I can see I'm not obviously dealing with someone who lives in reality. I see I'm dealing with someone that's deranged in tdu rhetoric. Don't forget to bow and kiss Ken P's ring.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
So how much is Tim gonna get us? And I frequent NY. 34 an hour gets plenty.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Saying that since 97 when your ship sunk.

So how much is Tim gonna get us? And I frequent NY. 34 an hour gets plenty.
He organized a whopping 150 members since he's been in office. He ain't got nothing. His local is a laughing stock right now. He might not even survive his own election this fall. TDU locals ar the joke of the teamsters union. Fact.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Compensation should not be based upon where you live.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

If your contract is bad in ny local 804 maybe you should look at the person who negotiated your weak locals supplement.....maybe they should ask kh for help this way the local sup won't be so weak for New Yorkers.......maybe instead of playing politics and trying to divide the union you can support the ibt.......I am glad you can admit your local sup is worse than ohios.....admitting you have a problem in local 804 is the first step to correcting the problem