Central States Pension Cut to be Announced Next Week!!!!!!

Hofficer Hater

Yes, but 230,571 out of 1.3 million voted (17% of eligible members) in 2011. 18 UPS supplements were rejected on the first vote. Teamcare and the Western caveout didn't turnout to be what people were told they were originally. The one-punch rule was never disclosed and the similarities to the company plan turned out to be not true.

Hoffa will lose the UPS, freight and carhauling vote next year. He'll also lose the 65,000 members in the Central States.

He is the weakest he's ever been and he knows it. From here to the convention a lot of locals will jump ship on him. Just wait for the Central States pension cuts to be announced.

10 point

The restrictions for where you can work after retirement is to protect the young Union members starting out. If you want to keep working a Union job after retirement then you should not have retired. You can always be a grain hauler for $15/hr. Farm jobs and school bus drivers do not apply.
It doesn't have to be a union job.
One of the feeder drivers retired and he took a pt time job taking paperwork from a bank to it's branches on an as needed basis and I was told that his pension was threatened.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Don't get me wrong. I was against this contract. I voted it against. Teamcare and the western carve out were inferior to the company plan. But to complain about paying union dues is absurd!

You may want to work on your reading comprehension skills. He was not complaining about dues but rather was complaining about the restrictions placed on retirees who choose to work while receiving their pension.

rod

Retired 22 years
Some of the retirees at our monthly breakfast were saying they got an Email yesterday from the Teamsters that said the reduction in pension process was still scheduled for sometime next spring. That kind of kills the "happening this week" theory.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Some of the retirees at our monthly breakfast were saying they got an Email yesterday from the Teamsters that said the reduction in pension process was still scheduled for sometime next spring. That kind of kills the "happening this week" theory.

You may want to clean off your bi-focals. The announcement of the cuts, which will be made in the spring, will be made sometime next week.

TTKU

rod

Retired 22 years
You may want to clean off your bi-focals. The announcement of the cuts, which will be made in the spring, will be made sometime next week.

TTKU

So why does the OP state that the fund is so cash strapped that the cuts have to be made before the end of the year? Try to keep up Nancy.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
So why does the OP state that the fund is so cash strapped that the cuts have to be made before the end of the year? Try to keep up Nancy.
Because without "spin" and lies, TDU would cease to exist. That is a major element of their propaganda. And when they are called out, they wait it out until people forget.

5habits100

My guess based on the rules the changes will be in the summer

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
The Central States Pension Fund officials next week plan to announce cuts to retirees and future retires. The cuts will be drastic for over 200,000 current retirees who are expected to take cuts of 30% to 40%.

The Central States also has 200,000+ active participants that will be affected by the cuts. What percentage of these will vote for Hoffa in 2016? Will these angry 200,000 non-UPS Teamsters show up in mass to vote next year?

The Hoffa administration was hoping not to announce the cuts until after the 2016 IBT election, but the pension fund is so cash-strapped that the cuts have to be made before the end of the year.

If even 20% (40,000) of these angry 200,000 angry members cast a ballot...who will they cast it for, Hoffa?

Any thoughts on this crisis?
So where is the announcement Mr. Conspiracy? Where did you get this bogus information? Did you knowingly lie? Or did TDU put you up to it?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Louisville will come out and vote heavily against Hoffa next year. Louisville has over 9,000 angry UPSers!

And only 1/3 of them, even bothered to vote.... on their own contract.

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/626132013upsforweb10.pdf

Even less, the second time.

So where is the announcement Mr. Conspiracy? Where did you get this bogus information? Did you knowingly lie? Or did TDU put you up to it?

:biggrin:

-Bug-

Whatusay

If company's put all hours worked into the pensions. That would help, but Hoffa and Hall have sucked everything thing that we have worked for.

upschuck

If company's put all hours worked into the pensions. That would help, but Hoffa and Hall have sucked everything thing that we have worked for.
Or if they paid up to what companies put in. Nothing could survive paying benefits that weren't contributed for.

By The Book

They do not like to here that keep me of stuff. I like how they think everyone shows up. Not in the real world.
Whether your a TDU or Hoffa fan.........there is still a very low voter turnout. What's it going to take to get the voter turnout up to at least 50%?

Whether your a TDU or Hoffa fan.........there is still a very low voter turnout. What's it going to take to get the voter turnout up to at least 50%?
It won't happen. Ups members don't vote. Part timers don't really care and the majority of ups full timers make so much money they can't be bothered to vote. It's always going to be this way. People making 34.49 an hour can't be expected to send their ballots back. They are to busy living the life.

By The Book

It won't happen. Ups members don't vote. Part timers don't really care and the majority of ups full timers make so much money they can't be bothered to vote. It's always going to be this way. People making 34.49 an hour can't be expected to send their ballots back. They are to busy living the life.
So you get what you get so don't throw a fit!

So you get what you get so don't throw a fit!
I wouldn't throw a fit over any of this stuff. To make the kind of money and have the kind of benefits the teamsters have negotiated for me or us we are truly blessed. Being upsers we sometime lose touch with reality. In the real world we are kings. When we only fraternize with each other we tend to go the misery loves company route.