Christmas Helpers!!

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by dragracer66, Nov 23, 2014.

1. dragracer66

dragracer66 Active Member

I know its only November but I cant wait for these temp hires go back from the rocks they came crawling out from! They suck as drivers destroy everything they drive and then deny that they did it to begin with! Plus if you try to help them they know everything! They posted work at my building for Thanksgiving and you should here them say how they deserve to work it instead of senior drivers. One guy said company guys made enough and they should let casuals work!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

I would be very happy to let a casual work ahead of me on Friday.

Maybe let go of some of that negativity, it cannot be good for your health.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. You need me,to drink a beer fot you?:blushing2:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Can't wait...I've got a few snot nosed seasonal drivers on my line. I'm not your mother...stop asking me everyday which belt your route is on...it's not my job to keep track. They're like helpless lost sheep with diads. Ummm...Where is FL4? Seriously?? How do you not fall down more...do you need a helmet?? Lmao

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. bleedinbrown58

The negativity is that the two seasonals I load for....aren't gonna tip me at Christmas.

6. barnyard

My loader is going to get hosed this year. Another preloader broke his back and is in a halo, so rather than tip our preloaders, he is going to get all of it. Plus, I am smoking up a batch of ribs for him and his family.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. bleedinbrown58

I don't mind get hosed for a good cause....but not because seasonals don't know any better. Daaamn that's terrible....he can have my tips too!

8. barnyard

He did it on vacation, so is getting disability, which is very, very little. He won a bid to go driving 10 years ago, went to school and went back to the preload after 3 weeks. Said he was not interested in giving up that much family time while his daughters were young.

He is a good guy and will be back to the preload.

9. bleedinbrown58

It may not be my place to say this..without approval from Cheryl. But situations like your preloader...where we know it's not a scam....if hypothetically we were directed to a Paypal donation site to donate money for his family....I know I'd give something for an injured Teamster brother. I'm sure a bunch of us on here would too!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  10. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I will give my loader a $100 tip for his efforts throughout the year. If I were to prorate that for Peak it would work out to about $10-15.

11. rod

rod retired and happy

Although a really nice idea I can picture it getting abused by some.

12. bleedinbrown58

My regular drivers will tip me....why should the seasonals? They're only working here for a month or so....and frankly, I make more than they do, so I can't even blame them.

13. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Then why did you whine how they "aren't gonna tip me at Christmas"?

14. bleedinbrown58

Whining? No, stating facts....do I appreciate being forced to load seasonal routes? No, center manager is essentially taking money out of my pocket. But I WAD.

15. bleedinbrown58

Agreed, it was just a thought. Holidays are tough enough without being out with an injury amd losing money.

16. bleedinbrown58

Incidentally, do you think you'll work up the sack to ask out the OMS clerk by Christmas? You could take her to Dunkin Donuts for a coffee, and wow her with your senior ctizen discount!

17. Big Arrow Down...D

Big Arrow Down...D Leave the gun,take the cannoli

Careful you don't break rule #6 when you deal with Upstate

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. bleedinbrown58

I didn't call him a name. And could he be anymore Rule #3??? lol

19. Dont be a...........?

20. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

If anone has any last minute gift ideas 4 me.....