Classic Upper Management Fail

thedownhillEXPRESS

Just what mgt wants to see ..drivers slamming each other on this forum ...devide and conquer ..good job you guys

Huh??
The last thing corporate wants is the entire Express division screaming about having their jobs outsourced to underpaid uninsured ground trolls...

bbsam

Staff member
"What's that you say?? Your new Computer didn't get delivered??? Sometimes..cough cough..Most of the time..Bubba Ground forgets to close his bulk head door when he goes into high rise office buildings for hours at a time"

I know you want to feel superior, and if capping on Ground drivers does it for you, fine. Pathetic and sad, but what do I care if in the end I am the one who gets paid?

55+

Huh??
The last thing corporate wants is the entire Express division screaming about having their jobs outsourced to underpaid uninsured ground trolls...
call them what you want..they are going to take over and fred will be right there with a glossy pamphlet telling us how great it would be if we would join the ground team after he lays us off

thedownhillEXPRESS

call them what you want..they are going to take over and fred will be right there with a glossy pamphlet telling us how great it would be if we would join the ground team after he lays us off

And we will conversely have plenty of good lawyers with glossy pamphlets asking tens of thousands of Express employees to sign up for a nice class action...

bbsam

Staff member
And we will conversely have plenty of good lawyers with glossy pamphlets asking tens of thousands of Express employees to sign up for a nice class action...

How do you do that in right to work states? And pinning your hopes on class action law suits? Not much of a plan there.

thedownhillEXPRESS

How do you do that in right to work states? And pinning your hopes on class action law suits? Not much of a plan there.

Plenty of employees are not in those states.
Also, I think Memphis is seriously discounting the amount of bad press they are about to receive.
They have been doing everything the last few weeks to try and make ground look like the good guy.
Upper management knows the word is out and has caught them flat footed, they are in reaction mode and know they are gonna have a lot of explaining to do when asked how some lowly wage worker like myself had knowledge and said this was going to happen despite their deflections and denials...
Frontline employees that still have some faith in management will be gone...

thedownhillEXPRESS

Screaming like exwives or crying like spoiled brats?

Be honest with yourself.
We have the same politics, would you say the same thing to a factory worker who is losing their job to india, china , mexico etc?
This is a classic corporate bullying move , yes you are going to be a beneficiary of this practice for now, but its just another example of too much corporate power and greed.

bbsam

Staff member
Be honest with yourself.
We have the same politics, would you say the same thing to a factory worker who is losing their job to india, china , mexico etc?
This is a classic corporate bullying move , yes you are going to be a beneficiary of this practice for now, but its just another example of too much corporate power and greed.

Would you degrade and ridicule the workers of other countries?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Would you degrade and ridicule the workers of other countries?

No, but I will happily degrade and ridicule the Ground workers who are about to steal my living out from under me. Are they all like "Bubba"? No, but a lot fit the profile. I've seen some that are incredibly professional, and I've also seen some of the cut-off wearing folks who actually look like they came off the street.

I like you bbsam, but you've got a lot of skin in this game, and you absolutely know you're going to come out of this smelling like a rose. You already do well, and you're about to do a lot better...at my expense, and you're right that I don't like it. Ground contractors are mercenaries in the sense that they are paid well to do someone else's fighting for them. We hear over and over again how Ground is an "independent" business, and that is pure crap. Fred S found a loophole, paid-off the right people, and then he pays you off to act like you run a business, when Fred and his surrogates in Pittsburgh really run it. I don't think you're in this to actively screw people, but Ground is in and of itself a huge scam because it creates a system of employee exploitation.

But it's a "free market", and people can work wherever they want to!! In today's economy, that isn't exactly true, and Ground is just one more stepping stone on the path to the elimination of the middle-class. We've already seen what happens when unscrupulous Ground contractors try and extract just a bit more profit from the system...bad things. It goes beyond "corporate bullying" (that's Fred's job), and is really all about greed. Fred gets his, and so does the ISP, but what does the driver get...the shaft. They can work 60 hrs per week forever and never get ahead, as many at Express already know, even with much higher pay AND benefits.

So, I'm going to keep on ripping on Bubba and the assclowns who created the reality where "he" can enrich the powerful and steal from the pawns.

Glorifiedpackmule

Does anyone know what the real actual average salary of a FedEx Ground driver is? Do they get any kind of medical benefits? Paid vacation? What happens if a ground driver gets sick? Better yet, what happens if a Ground driver's kid gets sick? Who gets the bill? Do Ground drivers get overtime? What kind of top out time are we looking when compared to the all mighty UPS?

Last edited by a moderator:

vantexan

Fair enough. And I will attempt to refrain from gloating about my windfall that is yourdemise.

Actually if I can get a solid 37-38 hrs a week I'll gladly let your guys do all the heavy lifting. I'm getting an apartment close to work, riding a bike everywhere, and generally kicking back. I've humped all these years with little to show for it so now going to take it easy. I'll do my best on the clock, knowing I'll have more time for myself. So go, go, go FedEx Ground!!! And thank you FedEx Express for taking it easy on me in my middle age! Thank you Netflix for cheap entertainment! Thank you Ridekick for making the biking easy! And thank you Jose Cuervo just 'cause!

bbsam

Staff member
No, but I will happily degrade and ridicule the Ground workers who are about to steal my living out from under me. Are they all like "Bubba"? No, but a lot fit the profile. I've seen some that are incredibly professional, and I've also seen some of the cut-off wearing folks who actually look like they came off the street.

I like you bbsam, but you've got a lot of skin in this game, and you absolutely know you're going to come out of this smelling like a rose. You already do well, and you're about to do a lot better...at my expense, and you're right that I don't like it. Ground contractors are mercenaries in the sense that they are paid well to do someone else's fighting for them. We hear over and over again how Ground is an "independent" business, and that is pure crap. Fred S found a loophole, paid-off the right people, and then he pays you off to act like you run a business, when Fred and his surrogates in Pittsburgh really run it. I don't think you're in this to actively screw people, but Ground is in and of itself a huge scam because it creates a system of employee exploitation.

But it's a "free market", and people can work wherever they want to!! In today's economy, that isn't exactly true, and Ground is just one more stepping stone on the path to the elimination of the middle-class. We've already seen what happens when unscrupulous Ground contractors try and extract just a bit more profit from the system...bad things. It goes beyond "corporate bullying" (that's Fred's job), and is really all about greed. Fred gets his, and so does the ISP, but what does the driver get...the shaft. They can work 60 hrs per week forever and never get ahead, as many at Express already know, even with much higher pay AND benefits.

So, I'm going to keep on ripping on Bubba and the assclowns who created the reality where "he" can enrich the powerful and steal from the pawns.

You are speaking out of both sides of your mouth. You insist that Ground is a scam and that I am not a businessman and then you call me a mercenary. Guess what. It can't be both ways. And I wonder at what you really think. You say that Ground won't be able to handle the extra work load but you say I am about to make more money when Express shifts their business strategy. I may be off, but I think over the years you've developed a grudging respect for Ground. You may not like us, but you aren't nearly as certain of our ultimate failure as you would like to be.