Comedy night for teamster United...

BrownBrokeDown

And he gave away my company healthcare.
And he has not addressed subcontracting.
And he has doubled the time to reach top rate.
And he has let the mafia take control over many locals.
Shall I keep going?
1.)this was either going away or we were going to have to pay for insurance. Unfortunately this is the direction ALL of American business is going however wrong it may be.

2.)I could be wrong, but I thought I recalled there being language for this in the national contract. If there is why isn't the locals enforcing it?

3.)agreed. This is crap, no matter how its spun or what UPS was offering initially.

4.)Proof? If no proof this will be addressed below.

I am not a supporter for Junior (who is not OG). The 2 biggest arguments against him, which I agree with but seems to being pushed under the rug, is the extended progression and the already retired getting screwed.

I see people bashing Hall, but how much is the aforementioned 2 items actually on Hall??? Many reformers sing Carey's praises, but wasn't it Hall negotiating for him as well? So what's the difference? Was it Carey and Junior who were actually setting the tone of negotiations or is it all Hall so he should be both praised and reviled by the same people?

The problem I currently have with even considering voting for the Teamster United slate, is getting through all of the rhetoric and unprovable accusations (Hoffa's camp just seems to want to stay silent and not talk about anything). I'm not talking about the previous contract, I'm talking about things like #4 above. There should always be more than one candidate regardless of who it is. There should always be options. But when a person has to dig through a proverbial pile of :censored2: to actually see what someone stands for, it can be difficult to take the candidate serious. When it seems that BOTH parties are focusing on what happened behind closed doors with Maspeth, and it is something we will never know for sure what happened that day, it makes the whole process a crapshoot. I've got an idea, why don't the candidates and their most fervent supporters actually state their policies instead of name calling, broad spectrum bashing, and unprovable accusations. We are supposed to all be brothers. Lets have a debate, a serious debate, a debate about the issues, a debate without the rhetoric, a debate that provides us with the information we need.

One last thing, and I haven't seen either side address this in any way. Better communication between the national and the actual workers would be a good thing and would help prevent the loads of misinformation that were going around at contract time. This is something that needs addressed imo.

Evil

That is organized by TDU Dave. All reformers are required to do it.
The candidates running Abel and Benny are not TDU. Abel is a reformer and Benny is Old Guard. They both see Elder as a horrible unionist. Abel is not supporting Hoffa, Benny is.

Last edited by a moderator:

5habits100

And he gave away my company healthcare.
And he has not addressed subcontracting.
And he has doubled the time to reach top rate.
And he has let the mafia take control over many locals.
Shall I keep going?
But yet the contract was ratified.
And maybe the majority don't agree with you

BrownBrokeDown

False. Currently 99% agree with me in my local
This was what I was talking about...You have spoken with everyone in your local? both UPSers and non-UPSers? What is the total count of for and against that you are talking about in your local so we can do the math? Or did you mean to say "the overwhelming majority of the people I have spoke to agree with me"?

Inthegame

When it seems that BOTH parties are focusing on what happened behind closed doors with Maspeth, and it is something we will never know for sure what happened that day, it makes the whole process a crapshoot.
Totally agree, we will never know if it was Ken H's ability or UPS feeling the public pressure but Maspeth is being played by both sides. That said, Maspeth is only one piece of a large puzzle and shouldn't be the sole influence of anyone's vote. But we're 14 months out and there will be plenty of crap shot between now and then.

It really comes down to a simple question, are you better off re-electing the known past performers or are you ready for a new unknown show?

You'll never get the dialogue you seek as incumbents see no need to answer challengers any earlier than the nominating Convention and maybe not even then as the past debates prove. Remember the guys in office already have what the challengers need, greater recognition. No good political reason for incumbents to do challengers any favors.

In the meantime get ready for months of the sideshow on BC and we'll all have fun parsing through the poop.

BrownBrokeDown

I wouldn't waste my time with him.......he just says the same thing over and over with no proof.....and when you ask him for proof he will name call and just write the word concession 3 or 4 time
Which is the point I'm trying to get across to him. There are some of us fence-sitters that are trying to figure this thing out just like with the POTUS election next year. These 2 elections could very well affect the blue collared workers for the next 50 yrs as we, as a country, seem to be at a cross-roads. But this mindlessly spewing rhetoric leaves a bad impression, to me at least, of the population that is supporting TU. It also reflects, rightly or wrongly, on the TU slate. Hard to maintain an objective view when this is all you see. The TU slate backers are not the only ones as well. Plenty of Hoffa supporters on this site do the same thing.

2hoursover

Which is the point I'm trying to get across to him. There are some of us fence-sitters that are trying to figure this thing out just like with the POTUS election next year. These 2 elections could very well affect the blue collared workers for the next 50 yrs as we, as a country, seem to be at a cross-roads. But this mindlessly spewing rhetoric leaves a bad impression, to me at least, of the population that is supporting TU. It also reflects, rightly or wrongly, on the TU slate. Hard to maintain an objective view when this is all you see. The TU slate backers are not the only ones as well. Plenty of Hoffa supporters on this site do the same thing.
It's quite simple. If you like the way the union is headed vote for hoffa. If you are disgusted and would like a whole new union vote for teamsters United. How much easier could it be put?