Comedy night for teamster United...

BrownBrokeDown

Agreed.......what they have said to me was no more concessions.......I asked what would I get thats betters than I have.......they have no answers.......and that scares me about teamsters united......I looked at local 804 and local 89 and there supplementals dont have anything better than I have but they do have a lot of drama......for example the maspeth 250 fiasco, while there is a debate on who saved there jobs.....it happened under the presidents watch with guys he brought in
Yeah, I'm not a Junior fan, but it is possible to make a bad (depending on how you view it) situation worse. But i have yet to hear anything that TU stands for, except "We are against Junior/Hall/O'brian", and "We would have done better".

When i say bad, I don't necessarily mean that we have a bad situation at UPS, I am applying a broad statement about Labor as a whole. This includes organizing, political activities, etc in addition to our contract. The Teamsters are probably the strongest Union remaining. Our teamster presidency is doubly important if someone like Walker (anti-union) gets in the whitehouse.

Please oh Please don't let someone like Walker actually make it to the whitehouse...

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Yes Tim brought Liam in. That is true. But Liam is NOT running with Tim and his slate this November. I think Liam is running on his own Fiasco Rogue Slate 2016!!
How do we know these guys are qualified.....local 804 trusted there presidents with his slate selections......the president of that local made a mistake and look at how it affected 250 drivers.....im afraid to give him responsibility over more teamsters lives......it can be dangerous and catastrophic.......dont you agree

804brown

How do we know these guys are qualified.....local 804 trusted there presidents with his slate selections......the president of that local made a mistake and look at how it affected 250 drivers.....im afraid to give him responsibility over more teamsters lives......it can be dangerous and catastrophic.......dont you agree
Really?? I can name several names from Chicago to Detroit of union officers Hoffa has associated with over the years. I still do not think bringing Liam in was a "bad decision". I think Liam made a "bad decision" by going rogue. People make mistakes. He made a big one but he was still a benefit to this local. He made a bad situation worse when he unethically taped and broadcast private conversations. Now he is off on his own island.
The members till trust Tim. I dont know any who trust Liam!!

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Yes Tim brought Liam in. That is true. But Liam is NOT running with Tim and his slate this November. I think Liam is running on his own Fiasco Rogue Slate 2016!!
Fiasco Rogue Slate? Oh you mean Liam wants to be a REFORMER? Shouldn't Liam have that right?

wide load

Really?? I can name several names from Chicago to Detroit of union officers Hoffa has associated with over the years. I still do not think bringing Liam in was a "bad decision". I think Liam made a "bad decision" by going rogue. People make mistakes. He made a big one but he was still a benefit to this local. He made a bad situation worse when he unethically taped and broadcast private conversations. Now he is off on his own island.
Still waiting for one of the 250 to thank Tim for getting their jobs back. Crickets! They must be so happy in your mind.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Do you think tim made a bad decision to put liam in Maspeth.........or in your eyes tim doesnt make any bad decisions

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Still waiting for one of the 250 to thank Tim for getting their jobs back. Crickets! They must be so happy in your mind.
804brown must be very close to Tim .....I can see this by out of touch he is with rank and file members...........to think that EVERY member in local 804 is happy as can be with zero complaints is funny to me.......no complaints about there healthcare no complaints about there pension no complaints about being overworked no complaints about being harassed...........local 804 is the only local in the country that ups doesn't violate

BrownBrokeDown

Teamsters United has a platform. How about going on their site! Do you know what a platform is?
I have been on their site. Multiple times. They say the same thing every politician in the history of the US says, "We will make it better". WHAT I AM ASKING IS HOW? What would they have done differently during the UPS contract negotiations? How would they handle Capital Hill differently so that the unions are back on a level playing field? How would they fight Right-To-Work differently? How would they fight the laws governing how underfunded pensions are handled? How would they help the underfunded pensions? How would they work at unionizing FedEx differently? How are they going to increase organizing efforts period? How will their plans affect the monetary reserve that the union has? If a strike was called over a UPS contract, how would they insure that the public was behind us like with Carey in a vastly different era?

Listen, there is a difference between saying you will fix it, and to have a plan to fix it. On their pension leaflet they spent more time mentioning Hoffa on the NCCMP committee than what their plan was, what they were going to do differently, etc. Their leaflets just state "We will do it better than Junior" "We will fight harder than Junior" "We aren't bought like Junior" "We wont destroy it like Junior"

THE QUESTION IS HOW???

wide load

I have been on their site. Multiple times. They say the same thing every politician in the history of the US says, "We will make it better". WHAT I AM ASKING IS HOW? What would they have done differently during the UPS contract negotiations? How would they handle Capital Hill differently so that the unions are back on a level playing field? How would they fight Right-To-Work differently? How would they fight the laws governing how underfunded pensions are handled? How would they help the underfunded pensions? How would they work at unionizing FedEx differently? How are they going to increase organizing efforts period? How will their plans affect the monetary reserve that the union has? If a strike was called over a UPS contract, how would they insure that the public was behind us like with Carey in a vastly different era?

Listen, there is a difference between saying you will fix it, and to have a plan to fix it. On their pension leaflet they spent more time mentioning Hoffa on the NCCMP committee than what their plan was, what they were going to do differently, etc. Their leaflets just state "We will do it better than Junior" "We will fight harder than Junior" "We aren't bought like Junior" "We wont destroy it like Junior"

THE QUESTION IS HOW???
Plus, they only address UPS. The rest of the Teamsters are forgotten by TU.

BrownBrokeDown

Plus, they only address UPS. The rest of the Teamsters are forgotten by TU.
Here is a non-UPS question that is near and dear to me. I would love to get their plan on addressing it. Wish Junior would address it as well.

In my area of the South, Union warehouse jobs have disappeared. Do to that, as a low lvl management in warehousing I ($15.44 after 8 yrs) am currently making less $ than my grandfather did in 1984 when he retired from a union warehouse non-management position in the same city. I am making a significant amount more than my non-management workers. How will the TU slate address the decline of what once was a significant portion of union jobs and increase the amount of union warehousing jobs in the South?

804brown

Fiasco Rogue Slate? Oh you mean Liam wants to be a REFORMER? Shouldn't Liam have that right?
Liam had the opportunity to run with reformers on the Members United Slate but chose to do what he did and start a new website and try to recruit members to run with.

804brown

The members have thanked Tim in person. If you are waiting to see them come on here and post their thanks, it is not going to happen. Not many in our local read, post or have even heard of Brown Cafe.
Moreover, the members blame Liam for their situation. They trusted Liam and he lead them over a cliff. There are a few true believers who will still follow Liam because he fought for them in the past but his drivers and stewards who walked with him do not!!
As for the members being "so happy", I will say this: If they were so unhappy and upset with Tim and this E/B, the last union meeting would have been mobbed with "unhappy" and upset members screaming for Tim's head. As I have reported already, that did not occur.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

The members have thanked Tim in person. If you are waiting to see them come on here and post their thanks, it is not going to happen. Not many in our local read, post or have even heard of Brown Cafe.
Moreover, the members blame Liam for their situation. They trusted Liam and he lead them over a cliff. There are a few true believers who will still follow Liam because he fought for them in the past but his drivers and stewards who walked with him do not!!
As for the members being "so happy", I will say this: If they were so unhappy and upset with Tim and this E/B, the last union meeting would have been mobbed with "unhappy" and upset members screaming for Tim's head. As I have reported already, that did not occur.
Does the original guy who got fired in maspeth support Tim?.....how about the shop stewards from maspeth do they support Tim?

804brown

Do you think tim made a bad decision to put liam in Maspeth.........or in your eyes tim doesnt make any bad decisions
I have already posted in an earlier post/thread that I thought putting Liam in Maspeth (the building he was fired from when he was a driver) was too provocative. But Liam wanted the assignment and Tim agreed. In hindsight, of course, it seems like a "bad decision" but at the moment, Tim put a smart BA who was a fighter into a key building. The problem was that Liam refused to develop any rapport with management over his time as the Maspeth BA.
Nevertheless, the problem has been fixed and Vinnie P has been doing a fine job as Liam's replacement.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

I have already posted in an earlier post/thread that I thought putting Liam in Maspeth (the building he was fired from when he was a driver) was too provocative. But Liam wanted the assignment and Tim agreed. In hindsight, of course, it seems like a "bad decision" but at the moment, Tim put a smart BA who was a fighter into a key building. The problem was that Liam refused to develop any rapport with management over his time as the Maspeth BA.
Nevertheless, the problem has been fixed and Vinnie P has been doing a fine job as Liam's replacement.
What happens if Liam doesn't get elected again what job does he go back to.....or was he not officially fired from ups

804brown

804brown must be very close to Tim .....I can see this by out of touch he is with rank and file members...........to think that EVERY member in local 804 is happy as can be with zero complaints is funny to me.......no complaints about there healthcare no complaints about there pension no complaints about being overworked no complaints about being harassed...........local 804 is the only local in the country that ups doesn't violate
Actually, in some ways local 804 is no different. UPS overworks us and harasses us and breaks up routes and tries to get away with murder, etc on a daily basis. But this E/B addresses our complaints. Granted every BA is an individual and therefore has his own way of handling grievances and complaints, etc.
Is every member totally happy?? Please, even when Ron was our President in 804, there were problems and complaints. The main thing is HOW our leaders address our complaints. Do they follow up with answers and return phone calls and get back to us?? Absolutely. Remember, they have only been out of feeders or package or clerk or preload for 5-6 years. They remember how some of our old E/B members took us for granted. That is why they continue to fight everyday for us and tell us the truth.

804brown

What happens if Liam doesn't get elected again what job does he go back to.....or was he not officially fired from ups
By not running with Tim's slate, Members United, he is guaranteed to lose in December. He lost his drivers job in Jan 2009 in arbitration so he will be without a job.
However, he is a smart guy so I am sure he has a Plan B. He wouldn't go on this quixotic crusade unless he has a backup plan.