confederate flag?

wkmac

Good thing they're bringing down the flag, that will SURELY eradicate racism.
NOT!

Racists are going to remain as long as this planet keeps turning, Banning flags, or FORCING people to do anything will HARDLY do anything to stop that.

WOW, You're back. So the rumor that you eloped with a gay polygamy cult that worshiped Uranus isn't true?

I'll stop spreading it then!

Where can I buy graffiti remover?
;)

Your fun was missed as it made others here feel smart and rightly so!
:thumbsup:

wkmac

Let's take this whole flag issue back about 90 years earlier to the 1770's. At that time, it was a clear minority who wanted independence from the British crown while a majority were either indifferent or in most cases supported King George's rule.

Now let's say the direct ancestors of those Crown supporters in order to show their British pride wanted to fly the Union Jack over the gov't buildings and on court houses across the land.

Would their right to show their pride be respected?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Banning flags? Who's doing that? You guys get wrapped up about nothing.

Who's doing it? Wal-Mart, Ebay, and other stores. Nascar tried, but no dice.

WOW, You're back. So the rumor that you eloped with a gay polygamy cult that worshiped Uranus isn't true?

I'll stop spreading it then!

Where can I buy graffiti remover?
;)

Your fun was missed as it made others here feel smart and rightly (OR INCORRECTLY) so!
:thumbsup:

I eloped with the whole cult? Yowza, I'm just one man.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Private entities. They are totally free to do such and their banning a flag places no compulsory demands upon me. Gov't however and should they criminalize it is another matter.

Never knew you had it in you but I guess now we know you did!

He asked, so I felt obliged to answer.

You don't like the flag, don't fly it.
Don't like guns, don't buy one.
Don't like drugs, don't use them.
Don't like Gay marriage, don't marry a same sex partner.

Why does everyone rush to ban that which they disagree with?

wkmac

Don't disagree.

bbsam

Staff member

Banning seems to be what you are hung up on. Nobody is banning it. Some are choosing not to sell or display it.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Then you don't understand the concept of "BAN"

Concept? Or DEFINITION??

verb (used with object), banned, banning.
to prohibit, forbid, or bar; interdict:
to ban nuclear weapons; The dictator banned all newspapers and books that criticized his regime.
Archaic.
  1. to pronounce an ecclesiastical curse upon.
  2. to curse; execrate.
noun
the act of prohibiting by law; interdiction.
informal denunciation or prohibition, as by public opinion:
society's ban on racial discrimination.

Please see #4 and rebut that one. I can wait.

bbsam

Staff member
Concept? Or DEFINITION??

verb (used with object), banned, banning.
to prohibit, forbid, or bar; interdict:
to ban nuclear weapons; The dictator banned all newspapers and books that criticized his regime.
Archaic.
  1. to pronounce an ecclesiastical curse upon.
  2. to curse; execrate.
noun
the act of prohibiting by law; interdiction.
informal denunciation or prohibition, as by public opinion:
society's ban on racial discrimination.

Please see #4 and rebut that one. I can wait.
So, #4, by definition in order of dictionary definition being the least common usage is what you're going with? A definition that boils down to public opinion being against you? That you don't like that a lot of the public will look at you as being a bigoted pig if you fly a confederate flag? You don't like political correctness anyway! You poor baby. Suck it up and fly it proudly. A ban would make it impossible, not unsavory.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
So, #4, by definition in order of dictionary definition being the least common usage is what you're going with? A definition that boils down to public opinion being against you? That you don't like that a lot of the public will look at you as being a bigoted pig if you fly a confederate flag? You don't like political correctness anyway! You poor baby. Suck it up and fly it proudly. A ban would make it impossible, not unsavory.

I believe there were 7 definitions, but I didn't need to post the others.

You come at me saying that retailers saying they WON'T sell it (due to public pressure) didn't amount to a ban. When I prove that that's EXACTLY what it means, you change the subject.

Contrary to beliefs on this board I'm not a huge bigot. I've never owned a Confederate flag, nor do I think I ever will. A ban on selling them would make it Impossible to buy. Can you buy a confederate flag from Wal-Mart, Ebay, Amazon, or any of the other stores that refuse to sell it? If not, they have banned it.

Like the definition or not, it's right, and you're wrong :D

Political Correctness is a bunch of crap, too many crybaby liberals running around telling the right (and christians) that they need to tolerate this, and tolerate that. Yet they attempt to ban Flags, guns, religious freedom.

wkmac

Thinking about this so-called "ban" claim, I did a search of places to purchase the flag of the Army of Northern Virginia and just on the first page found plenty.

Ultimateflags.com

Rebelstore.com

Stainlessbanners.com

Proudrebel.com

Eaglemountainflag.com

And for those hand made authentic flags in the tradition of Betsy Ross but sewn by the lilly white hands of a pure southern belle
Dixiememories.com

All this just on one page of a goggle search. And I suspect more sources will appear as demand for flags is growing.

But I just keep forgetting there is a ban.

If you are mad at Walmart, Ebay and Amazon, I would suggest the best course of action would be to ban them back!

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Thinking about this so-called "ban" claim, I did a search of places to purchase the flag of the Army of Northern Virginia and just on the first page found plenty.

Ultimateflags.com

Rebelstore.com

Stainlessbanners.com

Proudrebel.com

Eaglemountainflag.com

And for those hand made authentic flags in the tradition of Betsy Ross but sewn by the lilly white hands of a pure southern belle
Dixiememories.com

All this just on one page of a goggle search. And I suspect more sources will appear as demand for flags is growing.

But I just keep forgetting there is a ban.

If you are mad at Walmart, Ebay and Amazon, I would suggest the best course of action would be to ban them back!

I yi yi. Like talking to a brick wall. FIRST of all, I said banning, the ING there means that it is an ongoing action. Those stores/retailers that I named HAVE in fact, banned the sale of the flag.

I NEVER said you can't get it. I've already looked myself.

wkmac

I yi yi. Like talking to a brick wall. FIRST of all, I said banning, the ING there means that it is an ongoing action. Those stores/retailers that I named HAVE in fact, banned the sale of the flag.

Just doing my part to help you find a source to get your flags and to show not everyone is bending to emotional appeals to "ban" the sale of the flag. Fact is, I've got a feeling some of these will enjoy an economic boom for a time and then in a couple of months this will all be over and everyone will be captured by another meaningless event. Something Kim and Kayne will so I suspect.

In the meantime, word is Austria is considering leaving the EU potentially making the situation in Europe even more complicated than just Greece. And seems China's economy may have also hit a wall which could have ramifications globally. Bloomberg last month reported on China's own subprime bubble. Smart people learn, so much for societies being run by smart people.

But I know the flag is much more important and far easier for most people to wrap their heads around one way or the other.

And just one more thing, as to the word ban, consider the etymology (history and origins) as to it's original intent and use. At least I actually link a source to actually support my claim. Just sayin'

etymology of the word Ban

MAKAVELI

It sounds like you want to BAN the RIGHT of these companies to refuse to sell a product.;)

Overpaid Union Thug

It's not the banning that's the issue. It's the fact that people and corporate entities are feeling the pressure to stop selling them or products that have them. Its more like a defacto ban through illogical, knee jerk reactive, political pressure.