confederate flag?

wkmac

It's not the banning that's the issue. It's the fact that people and corporate entities are feeling the pressure to stop selling them or products that have them. Its more like a defacto ban through illogical, knee jerk reactive, political pressure.

I would agree. It's a form of mass peer pressure to either think my way or else. It's a direct assault if you will on free thought. Stop selling a product as we think it wrong or there could be consequences. We demand mass unity of thought or else. That is one way to see it and you'd not be wrong either.

But business can be a murky endeavor at times and its nature just requires it to go along with the mass flow of what seems a noisy majority. I don't blame some fictional "ban" opon said businesses as even our own UPS plays the appearance game in areas that benefit them.

If at some point it appears good business to not ship so-called confederate flags, I'm sure UPS would choose good business over the principle of free thought all day long and twice on Sunday.

If they were to do this, how many of you would quit your jobs in protest of principle?

Babagounj

Strength through joy

Just another black guy looting and taking what does not belong to him.
So stealing, and destruction of someone else's property, not to mention going into a highway on foot in traffic, which is illegal, is being applauded and put on the web as a positive thing? All over an image of the confederate battle flag?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
wall-streeting-looting.jpg

Overpaid Union Thug

So stealing, and destruction of someone else's property, not to mention going into a highway on foot in traffic, which is illegal, is being applauded and put on the web as a positive thing? All over an image of the confederate battle flag?

Typical non essential pond scum.

Relevant people.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Wish the trucker found out and went out there with his 5th wheel puller, that would have been a win for the trucker.

But, good news, the flag is down!!!! So apparently racism is now gone!

Oh wait, that's not how this works? People who have neutral feelings about the flag can still be racists? Say it ain't so!

You ban that flag yet people keep running around with their gay flags in everyone's faces. You try to shove your flag in my face, I'll shove my flag (wrapped around my fist) right back in yours.

MAKAVELI

Wish the trucker found out and went out there with his 5th wheel puller, that would have been a win for the trucker.

Oh wait, that's not how this works? People who have neutral feelings about the flag can still be racists? Say it ain't so!

You ban that flag yet people keep running around with their gay flags in everyone's faces. You try to shove your flag in my face, I'll shove my flag (wrapped around my fist) right back in yours.
Give me a break ain't nobody going to shove their gay flag in your face but they might shove a **** in your face.;)

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'

I sense a bit of "little man syndrome". Everyone is a bit tougher sitting behind a keyboard.

bbsam

Staff member
Well, maybe next election cycle the Republicans will sweep in and make everything all down home hunky dory again...oh...ooops.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Imagine for a minute that you own the General Lee car from the Dukes of Hazard. You've been holding on to it to sell for a lot of $$$. You're screwed now !!