Considering not being a package delivery driver

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Doesn't that $2302 go towards your tuition??

I know you get it, but you still have to pay for school with it, right?
no, they pay for all your tuition costs, give you a $500 stipend for books, parking passes, other miscellaneous expenses, and then give you a housing allowance based on the current housing allowance for a E5 in your area where you reside. so basically going to one class a week for 3 hours and doing some homework online earns me a degree that i dont pay a penny for. in fact, get paid to do it. this is why ive told many a person to join the military. its the best thing you can do for yourself. just choose a good job, dont be a grunt or similar.
So they give you $2302 on top of paying your tuition and everything else? BS. That's not how the GI bill works.

Your lies don't make sense.

Re-Raise

Orion's new BFF ... Don't waste any more time arguing with the quitter. You have already won.

I have seen hundreds of kids who fail try to explain away their failures by claiming to have something so much better to do. I saw it in college when they dropped out, in sports when they figured out they weren't good enough to play and over and over again at UPS when they realized they couldn't handle it.

He is a quitter and obviously it bothers him so much to know that about himself that he keeps coming here to explain it away.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Orion's new BFF ... Don't waste any more time arguing with the quitter. You have already won.

I have seen hundreds of kids who fail try to explain away their failures by claiming to have something so much better to do. I saw it in college when they dropped out, in sports when they figured out they weren't good enough to play and over and over again at UPS when they realized they couldn't handle it.

He is a quitter and obviously it bothers him so much to know that about himself that he keeps coming here to explain it away.
Agreed on all points. Plus a simple google search and reading information on the GI bill and how it works shows his claims of $2302/month plus tuition and books, housing costs on top of that figure don't add up to what it actually pays out.

If he's going to lie, at least do it better. You're right on everything else though.

Re-Raise

Agreed on all points. Plus a simple google search and reading information on the GI bill and how it works shows his claims of $2302/month plus tuition and books, housing costs on top of that figure don't add up to what it actually pays out.

If he's going to lie, at least do it better. You're right on everything else though.
He does seem pretty allergic to the truth. A quick search found that 12 credit hous are required to get the full benefits from the post 911 GI bill. But hey it's his story .....

UnconTROLLed

perfection
i know. he tries and talk down on me for two reasons. he doesnt know how to vent his frustrations better and thats all he knows
how to do after 20 plus years of ups management doing it to him. its sad..
It is a job and some are willing to stay for the money and pension. I don't look down at anyone as long as people can accept I do not want to spend 10 or 12 hours in a truck, particularly. No way no how.

Holydriver

Didn't you have to pay into it though???
well yea, i paid for it with 5 years of my life. and i think, but im not positive, that you pay $100 a month for your first 12 months in military service if you opt into doing that, which i did. so i paid 1200 in my first year of service and an additional 4 years of mlitary life. its a good program. definitely worth it

Last edited:

Holydriver

No I just call out pathetic little bitches like you. I have no frustrations in life right now. You obviously do if you're still posting on here.

Ups management doesn't screw with me anymore. Usually when you play the game and stand up to them, they back down. I'm sorry you werent smart enough that they made you their little bitch and you had to quit.

They probably had your balls in a jar on their desk.
thats a good assumption but its just a little bit off. again, i was a very valuable cover driver for my center. i knew all the routes in my Sup group, and a couple in another sup group. to this day i have to go back to the building to drop off my own UPS stuff for my current job. to this day i enjoy laughing at that horrible lifestyle. i asked a guy yesterday at 7pm if he wanted to meet me to go catch some fish. No he says, i still have lunch and 25 more stops!!! i had already worked my 8, went to the gym, and ate dinner. its a good life. get busy living or get busy dying!

Holydriver

Make sure you tape up those boxes real good tomorrow so ups doesn't damage them from your warehouse job.

i draw blueprints with an independent architect, print and package them up and deliver them to various job sites, or to UPS to ship them to other job sites. its nice. real nice. some days she buys me beers after work and we sort of chill out amongst the world. tomorrow ill leave work at 430. also, im making some nice contacts with companies that will need a good safety guy one day. in the words of charlie sheen "winning"

i draw blueprints with an independent architect, print and package them up and deliver them to various job sites, or to UPS to ship them to other job sites. its nice. real nice. some days she buys me beers after work and we sort of chill out amongst the world. tomorrow ill leave work at 430. also, im making some nice contacts with companies that will need a good safety guy one day. in the words of charlie sheen "winning"
He is dying of AIDS.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
well yea, i paid for it with 5 years of my life. and i think, but im not positive, that you pay $100 a month for your first 12 months in military service if you opt into doing that, which i did. so i paid 1200 in my first year of service and an additional 4 years of mlitary life. its a good program. definitely worth it
thats a good assumption but its just a little bit off. again, i was a very valuable cover driver for my center. i knew all the routes in my Sup group, and a couple in another sup group. to this day i have to go back to the building to drop off my own UPS stuff for my current job. to this day i enjoy laughing at that horrible lifestyle. i asked a guy yesterday at 7pm if he wanted to meet me to go catch some fish. No he says, i still have lunch and 25 more stops!!! i had already worked my 8, went to the gym, and ate dinner. its a good life. get busy living or get busy dying!

Oh god you're still here? Like you did with ups, just quit already. Nobody cares about an ex cover driver who used to think he was an awesome driver. I'm sure you're forgotten about quickly at ups.

You participated in the GI bill but you don't know how it works or what you received? You really aren't all that bright apparently. I'm sure if I participated in a program that paid my education and gave me as much money as you claim, I would of been more educated in the ins and outs of it like it was 2nd nature. A simple google research shows your numbers and claims wrong. I would think you being the expert you are would know more.

We get it. You make 250k working 6 hours a day. It's sounds like you're a glorified errand boy for the architect.

Just like when you go back to your old ups building, they're all probably laughing and rolling their eyes at the jack ass you are.

Pretty much like we are doing here on this forum.

And people still say "winning?" Wow. You really are sad.

You still haven't figured it all out yet have you? I'm sure we could all quit ups tomorrow and get mail room jobs and be off by 5 pm everyday. But We like money, benefits and the security that that brings for our families. And guess what? We still get amazing quality time with them.

Because it's not about quantity time but quality time. And your time is of a higher quality when you have that security.

But I'm sure you know this because your architect is probably paying you way more than your ups salary/benefits being her mail /errand boy....

I'm so sure that's it.

Holydriver

Oh god you're still here? Like you did with ups, just quit already. Nobody cares about an ex cover driver who used to think he was an awesome driver. I'm sure you're forgotten about quickly at ups.

You participated in the GI bill but you don't know how it works or what you received? You really aren't all that bright apparently. I'm sure if I participated in a program that paid my education and gave me as much money as you claim, I would of been more educated in the ins and outs of it like it was 2nd nature. A simple google research shows your numbers and claims wrong. I would think you being the expert you are would know more.

We get it. You make 250k working 6 hours a day. It's sounds like you're a glorified errand boy for the architect.

Just like when you go back to your old ups building, they're all probably laughing and rolling their eyes at the jack ass you are.

Pretty much like we are doing here on this forum.

And people still say "winning?" Wow. You really are sad.

You still haven't figured it all out yet have you? I'm sure we could all quit ups tomorrow and get mail room jobs and be off by 5 pm everyday. But We like money, benefits and the security that that brings for our families. And guess what? We still get amazing quality time with them.

Because it's not about quantity time but quality time. And your time is of a higher quality when you have that security.

But I'm sure you know this because your architect is probably paying you way more than your ups salary/benefits being her mail /errand boy....

I'm so sure that's it.
Wjat you don't get is all your assumptions were wrong. I don't work in a warehouse, I didnt get fired, I do know how GI Bill works but after 14 years my memory is a little fuzzy of the details, I do live better off than I was at Ups, etc. Etc. Now a wise man might wonder what else you are wrong about?