Contract talks

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The profit on ground packages is approaching "zero" ... once you consider the infrastructure investments and maintenance to support Ground.
What is it you are trying to say here?

Do you guys in the office think that all those packages out there that we are delivering are just a distraction from all the money you are making for the company.

Did I miss something? Do we sell hotdogs now?

None of the other branches of UPS would exist without being piggy backed on the UPS ground system. Air packages wouldn't be as profitable if the driver weren't already there delivering ground packages.

Nobody would contact UPS logistics to streamline their shipping of Fed Ex packages.

If we weren 't the industry leader in parcel delivery none of the other branches would exist.

I don't know what I was thinking. You are right, it is all about you.

I posted a simple fact.

I'll try and not post any more facts so you wont get so emotionally upset.

Last edited:

Re-Raise

It isn't about me, but it is about the delivery of packages which I am a part of. I suppose if UPS did away with all the overpaid drivers and quit delivering all those damn ground packages profits would soar.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It isn't about me, but it is about the delivery of packages which I am a part of. I suppose if UPS did away with all the overpaid drivers and quit delivering all those damn ground packages profits would soar.

You seem to be emotionally upset about something or maybe a few beers ... only you know.

You are extrapolating and making things up that I never thought and certainly did not say.

Hope you feel better tomorrow.

Re-Raise

You seem to be emotionally upset about something or maybe a few beers ... only you know.

You are extrapolating and making things up that I never thought and certainly did not say.

Hope you feel better tomorrow.

I feel fine. I appreciate your concern. I am always in the mood to learn. You have made a few statemets that I don't understand on here lately.

Please explain to me the benefit of delivering packages when the profit from those packages is approaching zero.

If I deliver more packages will we actually begin to lose money?

If so, should I turn in reverse sales leads in an attempt to divert unprofitable business to other carriers?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I feel fine. I appreciate your concern. I am always in the mood to learn. You have made a few statemets that I don't understand on here lately.

Please explain to me the benefit of delivering packages when the profit from those packages is approaching zero.

If I deliver more packages will we actually begin to lose money?

If so, should I turn in reverse sales leads in an attempt to divert unprofitable business to other carriers?

Do whatever you want ... I really don't care.

Re-Raise

I make the assumption that the BOD has considered that.

To protect the integrity of UPS stock, the dividend needs to go up another $0.03 per quarter in the next 9 months.

While you are at it please explain what you mean by this. Fed Ex doesn't pay a dividend that I am aware of.

Re-Raise

FedEx does pay a dividend.

I explained this on another thread ... if I run across it, I will send it to you.

I looked it up. They pay like .52 a year compared to UPS at 2.28 a year per share.

I am not emotional or upset, I just can't understand the lack of respect for our core business that some of you have.

Okay not really some of you , just Southwestern and you.

I get it you think the drivers are overpaid. Those of us that do it every day don't agree.

I don't know enough about what you do to tell you I think your compensation is out of line. I believe you would probably feel that you earn your pay. I feel I earn my pay working for a very profitable company.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I looked it up. They pay like .55 compared to 2.97 yield at UPS.

I am not emotional or upset, I just can't understand the lack of respect for our core business that some of you have.

Okay not really some of you , just Southwestern and you.

I get it you think the drivers are overpaid. Those of us that do it every day don't agree.

I don't know enough about what you do to tell you I think your compensation is out of line. I believe you would probably feel that you earn your pay. I feel I earn my pay for a very prfitable company.

How is stating a fact about the Operating Margin of UPS's ground product showing disrespect?

I cannot recall saying I think UPS driver's are overpaid as I certainly do not think that. I do wish FedEx drivers were paid more.

You are sitting at your computer just making crap up as if I said it which is total BS.

I am through talking with you tonight as you are obviously friend*d up on something - whether it is drugs, beer or whatever I don't care ... it's your problem, not mine.

I'll check back in with you sometime when you have your wits about you.

Re-Raise

I cannot recall saying I think UPS driver's are overpaid as I certainly do not think that.

That was kind of the point of this thread , I thought.

What is your point here if it doesn't concern wages in the next contract?

Maybe I am drunk and stumbled into the wrong thread....

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

I posted a simple fact.

I'll try and not post any more facts so you wont get so emotionally upset.

HOAK

WHEN YOU PULL IT OUT OF *****, IT DOESN'T MAKE IT A FACT !!!

There is no way we make almost $0 on ground

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Whatever ... I choose to believe the people where I hear the numbers more than I believe you.

Ignorance is bliss ... go stick your head back in the sand or snow this time of the year.

You and reraise can believe whatever you want ... I really don't care.

moreluck

golden ticket member
You need to know the reason he sold his stock.........if it's to just buy stuff, like a new car ....too impulsive.
If it was because his financial advisor told him to diversify....then that's different.
Sometimes people don't realize the tax implications of selling stock....it can be brutal.