Cooler temperatures ahead

barnyard

KTM rider
I put fresh batteries in my flashlight this weekend. Had 3 days last week where if I had had a couple of more stops, I would have used the light.

W

What The Hawk?

I'm only a preloader in Everett, WA. It's getting colder and I love it. I'm working my butt off and the cool air really helps. Don't really know what it's like to have painfully high temps in my area but hope all goes well and cools off for y'all.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Yes. It is nice working weather. I hate the time change tough. We really need some rain now. Ponds are way down. Like 3-4 ft. Shallow ponds are bone dry

Box Ox

Yeah I totally can't wait for snowy/icy roads and having to chain up :glare:

I'll take the heat over crappy roads anyday

I'd bet that drivers who live/work in areas with extreme summer heat or extreme winter snow and ice both don't know the full extent of the other experience.

I think digging for stuff in burning in hell heat indexes of 110+ has to be worse than delivering with deep snow on the ground. But I've never experienced tire chain weather myself. I'd probably look like the "OH SNAP" bear falling out of a tree if I did.

Maybe some areas up north get both? No idea.

billerz

I'd take the heat over the cold, wet, muggy, painful winters people get up north. I'd much rather be sweating my ass off in shorts than having my hands and feet be numb for 10+ hours every day.

DOK

I'd bet that drivers who live/work in areas with extreme summer heat or extreme winter snow and ice both don't know the full extent of the other experience.

I think digging for stuff in burning in hell heat indexes of 110+ has to be worse than delivering with deep snow on the ground. But I've never experienced tire chain weather myself. I'd probably look like the "OH SNAP" bear falling out of a tree if I did.

Maybe some areas up north get both? No idea.
We get both, I'll take the heat. Delivering with a lot of snow on the ground and roads is a pita.

ManInBrown

Yes, sooo damn happy.. also dont have to that much water much durring the day, and not as Hungry... only thing i hate when it gets dark earlier
Exact opposite here. No appetite in the Summer. Can barely finish my lunch. Fall and winter I finish lunch in 5 minutes and I am ready to order something else most days.

Rack em

Made the Podium
We get both too. Summer we get days in the 90s and winters we get temps lower than -10 some days and with the wind chill it feels like -40. On top of the cold the roads are icy and snowy.

In town it makes parking suck, especially on one ways because they plow the snow to the sides so you basically have to park and take up a whole lane. Using a hand cart in the snow is a pain, it is often easier not using it and making multiple trips. It makes defensive driving that much tougher because a lot of people suck at driving in the winter.

Out of town some roads are plowed some aren't, and roads that are plowed get drifted over easily. You drive into some peoples driveways and there is no where to turn around so you either get stuck, back all the way out of the driveway potentially getting stuck, or just dont go down the driveway to begin with which means you're walking off a lot of stops.

Hands down, driving in the winter makes the job waaaaaaaaaay more difficult than just dealing with the heat.

35years

Gravy route
Days in the 90s with high humidity are nothing compared to breathing -20 below air (wind chills -20 to -60) that freezes your lungs, cracks your fingertips till they bleed. As for deep snow with 20 lbs of clothes on... try doing the job while wading through water. Not to mention the shorter days in the winter (dark at 4:20 P.M.), sliding off roads and getting stuck.
The guys down south have no idea what peak season is really like.

Last edited:

watdaflock?

Humidity is the worst, simple as that. No matter how cold during the winter you can always add another layer.

Drivers are paid by the hour, follow safe methods during icy/snowy days and be thankful for the extra time. I'd think being paid to drive in lousy weather is the best few weeks of the year. Sloooooooooooooow down!