Coolest Neighborhood in the World

Thebrownblob

you gotta get away from your fixation with govt.

you should be fixated on concentrated power - economic power and political power.

this is just reaganism.

ppl might not want certain things but they dont act in their own best interest and are stuck with economic and political dictatorships. ppl might want things for the wrong reasons like propaganda.
Concentrated power, and political power you mean like governments? L O L you can’t get away from them they’re not even remotely able to be separated.

And now you get down to the crux of what you’re trying to say, you don’t believe people should have liberty because you don’t think they act in their best interest because you know better than them. Spoken like a true statist. And since you can’t force people to do it, he will champion a government, political movement or ideology that will make them do it. Of course, that government will turn on you eventually too.

rickyb

Concentrated power, and political power you mean like governments? L O L you can’t get away from them they’re not even remotely able to be separated.

And now you get down to the crux of what you’re trying to say, you don’t believe people should have liberty because you don’t think they act in their best interest because you know better than them. Spoken like a true statist. And since you can’t force people to do it, he will champion a government, political movement or ideology that will make them do it. Of course, that government will turn on you eventually too.
governments are one example of concentrated power depending on how democratic they are.

different economies like capitalism can be another example of concentrated power.

rickyb

Countering anything they perceived as communism. With El Salvador they funded a right wing government. Guatemala another example as well.
US govt is anti democracy abroad? US govt is certainly anti worker, they busted up italian anti capitalist, worker owned workplaces after wwII.

they want forgein countries to do what US wants including being friendly to US corporations.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
US govt is anti democracy abroad? US govt is certainly anti worker, they busted up italian anti capitalist, worker owned workplaces after wwII.

they want forgein countries to do what US wants including being friendly to US corporations.

Yup. Even though El Salvador has sorta always been a military dictatorship, so they’re partly to blame..

Mutineer

Then why are you always griping about the illegals at the US border if things are so fine south of the border. They claim that they need jobs and come to the US to get them then why would they do that if they can get them in Mexico if they are as plentiful as you claim?

During the course of much of my adult life and observing what has happened to my area of California, I know exactly why immigrants come here:

Come to California and successfully reproduce. Receive housing voucher, food stamps, and free medical bennies. More babies = more bennies. It really is that simple, and the results are predictable.

Younger, responsibly reproducing, working class citizens are displaced from affordable housing and entry-level jobs. This is the demographic that have to go somewhere else to start their adult life and become independent. Those that don't leave boomerang back to their parent's homes and very often become druggies and drunks.

In less than two generations; the bulk of the people remaining are immigrants and their VERY MANY descendants, obscenely rich transplants from large cities, senior citizens who established themselves locally prior, and the homeless.

Last edited:

nWo

This was just made by an American woman in Mexico. Just an insight into how while there is definitely poverty in developing countries there's also pockets of prosperity with pretty good lifestyles. Not trying to sell you on the idea of moving there, but just showing that we tend to make assumptions about other countries that often are far from reality.

Ahh so people enjoy places with public transportation, affordable healthcare and housing. Wild.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
This was just made by an American woman in Mexico. Just an insight into how while there is definitely poverty in developing countries there's also pockets of prosperity with pretty good lifestyles. Not trying to sell you on the idea of moving there, but just showing that we tend to make assumptions about other countries that often are far from reality.

No thanks

vantexan

Ahh so people enjoy places with public transportation, affordable healthcare and housing. Wild.
When most people don't own cars you have to have public transportation. Never rode on their commuter train, but rode buses most days for two months in Guadalajara. Packed to the gills, standing room only, pressed up against strangers. Not enjoyable.

What sounds like affordable housing to you is beyond what many Mexicans can afford. Their reality would not be enjoyable to average Americans.

Mexico has a national healthcare plan. It's minimal healthcare at best. Those who can afford it go to private doctors. In most big cities there's one hospital that's up to American standards. It's important to know where it is and make sure you are taken there in a medical emergency.

vantexan

No thanks
If you have enough income, just like in the U.S., you can have a nice lifestyle there. I plan to live in the U.S. Southwest, but if I really struggle on Social Security I'm heading to Argentina. The only reason I posted this is I see constant comments about $h****le" countries by people who have no idea what conditions are in many of those countries.

UnionStrong

If you have enough income, just like in the U.S., you can have a nice lifestyle there. I plan to live in the U.S. Southwest, but if I really struggle on Social Security I'm heading to Argentina. The only reason I posted this is I see constant comments about $h****le" countries by people who have no idea what conditions are in many of those countries.
I live in the south west. Pretty soon there won’t be a difference between here and those :censored2: hole countries, economically, socially or politically.
I don’t want to live in a narco state like Mexico.

vantexan

I live in the south west. Pretty soon there won’t be a difference between here and those :censored2: hole countries, economically, socially or politically.
But you can get by in English! LOL! I'm not interested in living in big cities. I'm there for the mountains, high desert, low population.

I've said this before. Once checked on census figures for El Paso. In 1950 it was 80% white. And of the remaining 20% not all were Hispanic. In 2010 the greater El Paso metro area was 80% Hispanic. I still like El Paso but our country hasn't been enforcing the border for a very long time.

It may not seem like it to you but the U.S. Southwest still has much better infrastructure than Mexico. Much better communications. Signs are in English. It's a unique part of the country and overall just better to me than the sameness of endless suburbia back East.

UnionStrong

But you can get by in English! LOL! I'm not interested in living in big cities. I'm there for the mountains, high desert, low population.

I've said this before. Once checked on census figures for El Paso. In 1950 it was 80% white. And of the remaining 20% not all were Hispanic. In 2010 the greater El Paso metro area was 80% Hispanic. I still like El Paso but our country hasn't been enforcing the border for a very long time.

It may not seem like it to you but the U.S. Southwest still has much better infrastructure than Mexico. Much better communications. Signs are in English. It's a unique part of the country and overall just better to me than the sameness of endless suburbia back East.
I like the climate and the desert. The taxes are lower and it’s cleaner. Having come from the northeast, I’ll stay here.