Corporate America screwing us

TUT

Yes we can. This is much much bigger then a Fedex thing. To be honest and just straight, you vote republican and you are a daily worker, you've been tricked. There has never been a more clear time in our life times that they are about nothing but the bottom line and you costing more is totally against that. If you don't like what Obama's been doing, you have to understand we have been in gridlock, which means nothing gets done because the other-side will stop "anything good from happening" because that hurts their chances at the white house. It is totally disgusting how politics work today. It's so party first country second or third or twentieth.

DontThrowPackages

I've been speaking out on how lopsided the pay ratio between CEO and average employee has gotten for some time now. Really, 441 million dollars going to 9 different people at one company? That 441 million number might as well be 1 billion because to the guys making 25,000 a year, the CEO is lot closer to a billion than the 25K guy is to 3 million. To these people, its a game. Trying to out do their executives friends at HP, Phizer or fill in the blank. American apple store employees making 25,000 a year, wow. I'd have to quit. Who could live on that without moving back in with their parents? I can see 20 years from now Americans moving back to farm life lol. Growing food at home and selling or bartering with neighbors.
And that one guy on this site is gonna write something to the effect of.." Thats what businesses do, make money-profits.... are you telling me you wouldnt take that 441 million....?" Of course I'd take that kind of pay if my people under me were making enough to pay their bills with 2 paychecks every month. And if that meant only take home a 100 million a year, well I'd have to find a way to make ends meet I guess.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yes we can. This is much much bigger then a Fedex thing. To be honest and just straight, you vote republican and you are a daily worker, you've been tricked. There has never been a more clear time in our life times that they are about nothing but the bottom line and you costing more is totally against that. If you don't like what Obama's been doing, you have to understand we have been in gridlock, which means nothing gets done because the other-side will stop "anything good from happening" because that hurts their chances at the white house. It is totally disgusting how politics work today. It's so party first country second or third or twentieth.

Hey, you said something intelligent. There is hope for you.

vantexan

Begging your pardon but Obama has been going around Congress by ordering his admin not to follow certain laws. And remember the Dems controlled Congress the first two years of his presidency. And why hasn't the Democrat controlled Senate even presented a budget in the last 3.5 years? Forget passing one, where's their version to present for a vote? And why has the Obama admin given billions to "green energy" companies who've folded while attacking energy companies? He's done everything within his power to limit petroleum and coal production. And you are going to find out real soon what Obamacare is all about. I don't like what's going on with major corporations, but Obama would have you believe anyone who's making $250,000 a year is doing too well and deserves to be soaked. Name one poor guy who provides jobs for others? We need an environment that is business friendly so jobs can be created. Creating government jobs isn't helping because it takes private sector jobs producing wealth to pay the taxes to support government jobs that don't produce anything. That doesn't excuse the corporate leaders who are moving jobs offshore and paying squat while living it up. But it's not all one sided, far left extremists are doing their part to take us down the toilet too. This is what the Tea Party was demonstrating against, and was demonized by both the left and the establishment right. We have to stop spending ourselves into oblivion. Amazing to me that liberal business owners would be careful managing their own books but think the government has an endless river of money. At the same time we need to stop spending so much on military hardware, and use that money for legitimate social programs. But what do I know, I'm just a courier.

Goldilocks

Begging your pardon but Obama has been going around Congress by ordering his admin not to follow certain laws. And remember the Dems controlled Congress the first two years of his presidency. And why hasn't the Democrat controlled Senate even presented a budget in the last 3.5 years? Forget passing one, where's their version to present for a vote? And why has the Obama admin given billions to "green energy" companies who've folded while attacking energy companies? He's done everything within his power to limit petroleum and coal production. And you are going to find out real soon what Obamacare is all about. I don't like what's going on with major corporations, but Obama would have you believe anyone who's making $250,000 a year is doing too well and deserves to be soaked. Name one poor guy who provides jobs for others? We need an environment that is business friendly so jobs can be created. Creating government jobs isn't helping because it takes private sector jobs producing wealth to pay the taxes to support government jobs that don't produce anything. That doesn't excuse the corporate leaders who are moving jobs offshore and paying squat while living it up. But it's not all one sided, far left extremists are doing their part to take us down the toilet too. This is what the Tea Party was demonstrating against, and was demonized by both the left and the establishment right. We have to stop spending ourselves into oblivion. Amazing to me that liberal business owners would be careful managing their own books but think the government has an endless river of money. At the same time we need to stop spending so much on military hardware, and use that money for legitimate social programs. But what do I know, I'm just a courier.

:youreright:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Just read this news article from today, basically reinforces how bad a screwing we are taking from elites like Fred...:disgusted:

And Obama.

The divergence of this thread from the post's intent is to be expected but does show a certain ignorance.

Both the Democrats and Republicans are beholden to the big Corporations ... that's the paradox and why Democrats screw things up so badly.
The Democrats have to walk the fine line of taking money from the big Corporations without obviously revealing the hypocrisy pf their platforms.
Google Obamacare and UHC -pretty pathetic.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Wow, easy on the Limbaugh B.S.
I don't have time to dissect all the corporate/right wing propoganda talking points you dropped here.
We're doomed because smart people like yourself buy this crap even while they are being flattened like a bug by big business dominated conservative politicians.

TUT

Hey, you said something intelligent. There is hope for you.

As I said before our biggest difference is you focus the issue on Fedex as if they are unique in what they do, where I see all this as a country wide issue. You can't fix Fedex with the current environment (they are hanging with the crowd), you only fix Fedex and the like by fixing the country. That is our main difference, when you say "Fedex is doing this to us again", almost all companies of their scale are doing the same exact things because laws are allowing them and each one keeps up with the other (most on the same boards).

I am all for a balanced workplace of fair ownership profits and fair employee wages. It's the only healthy thing long term. I understand both Fedex and UPS have issues.

UPS's part in this is they need to stay strong with their union demands, not give in a have newer generations making a lot less while working toward old generations with much better terms. The big 3 have the old guard making $30 working next to new generation making $12, never to get what the old guard has. How can that be good for the country when a newer generations make a fraction of the last? It's nearly a worse case scenario and leads America nothing but backwards. To me we are talking about our sons and daughters and short changing them.

To me everything is now very short-sighted, while we gave a communistic country way to much of our mfg. and they are long sighted. This is bad bad news. It's as if our guys know they cannot compete long-term so everyone's all into getting theirs and getting out. It sure looks like that. So what happens in the end? The Avg Joe Americans will be lifting the country out of a dark age of sorts. How far out is this? Not sure.

JonDowd

Wow, easy on the Limbaugh B.S.
I don't have time to dissect all the corporate/right wing propoganda talking points you dropped here.
We're doomed because smart people like yourself buy this crap even while they are being flattened like a bug by big business dominated conservative politicians.

Easy on the Olberman B.S. too. We're doomed because smart people like you don't realize all politicians are the same, no matter what letter is in front of their name. Their salaries, insurances, and pensions are just fine, and we're too busy saying Democrat this and Republican that to fix it.

TUT

Begging your pardon but Obama

You expect much getting done within the first year or two? Coming into a major recession mostly caused by the previous admin. on top of that took everyone time and focus. That cost all nest eggs to be cut in half at best, did I say mostly brought on by the previous admin. I am all for whoever wins they have control, that way you can get a focus one way or the other and not mixed signals, gridlock etc. Obama really had no chance so far, esp. vs the 2 previous presidents that had years of controlling all branches.

But if you are an hourly worker, make it simple here. Who will look out for you the most? The one that is trying to maintain your rights, give you a voice? Or one that wants it there way where they reap the rewards and those underneath should be thankful for whatever they are given? I am sorry but that is what I see. Who controls job making? You know who. Well they also are making record profits, why aren't they hiring? Because they don't want to, because they only see themselves, they imo are now looking at everyone they hire as a potential liability for lawsuits. Yes it is that messed up. We need a party that will try in some way to allow the vast majority to thrive and not just make it the most alpha of alpha dogs survive well.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Easy on the Olberman B.S. too. We're doomed because smart people like you don't realize all politicians are the same, no matter what letter is in front of their name. Their salaries, insurances, and pensions are just fine, and we're too busy saying Democrat this and Republican that to fix it.

Sorry, but it has been Republicans waging war on unions over the last couple of decades, and in turn demonizing Democrats for being aligned with them.
And the article clearly shows how that has been working out for us "wage earners".
As Tut has stated, this is happening all across our country in most corporations.
And as we continue to decline, republicans continue to portray unions as evil.
Its clear who is winning, and it sure hasn't been the unions, or the middle class for that matter.
A new awakening of organized labor is coming, it will return our rights in the workplace, maybe not tomorrow, or next week, or next year, but it is, it has to.

Last edited:

thedownhillEXPRESS

I think its safe to say anyone making over 250,000 wont be economically devastated , or "soaked by Obama" as you try putting it ,in having to pay another 3 cents out of a dollar in taxes, and thats ONLY on money ABOVE 250,000.
Federal income tax rates on the wealthy are at historically low levels, that has allot to do with why we've gone broke as a nation.
Now instead of that extra tax money going to help build a better society, it is being used by corporate elites to buy more republicans, and to buy up a right wing media monster to confuse the average working joe.

vantexan

You expect much getting done within the first year or two? Coming into a major recession mostly caused by the previous admin. on top of that took everyone time and focus. That cost all nest eggs to be cut in half at best, did I say mostly brought on by the previous admin. I am all for whoever wins they have control, that way you can get a focus one way or the other and not mixed signals, gridlock etc. Obama really had no chance so far, esp. vs the 2 previous presidents that had years of controlling all branches.

But if you are an hourly worker, make it simple here. Who will look out for you the most? The one that is trying to maintain your rights, give you a voice? Or one that wants it there way where they reap the rewards and those underneath should be thankful for whatever they are given? I am sorry but that is what I see. Who controls job making? You know who. Well they also are making record profits, why aren't they hiring? Because they don't want to, because they only see themselves, they imo are now looking at everyone they hire as a potential liability for lawsuits. Yes it is that messed up. We need a party that will try in some way to allow the vast majority to thrive and not just make it the most alpha of alpha dogs survive well.

You are preaching to the choir and have said what I've said before on this forum. The Dems sure didn't look out for FedEx Express employees when their was a specific attachment to a bill that targeted us to give us some relief. Instead they took their millions and kicked the can down the road until the Repubs got control of the House. So who IS looking out for us?

I watched an interview with Obama before he got elected in 2008 where he discussed "Cap-and-Trade". He actually said "electric bills would necessarily skyrocket" when talking of weaning the public off of fossil fuels. He is beholden to extremists, and has blown billions investing in companies with flawed business plans even after being warned they were bad investments. Those companies were also huge contributors to his campaign. The truth is he had no experience running a major enterprise and it shows in his lack of understanding of how things work in the business world. And right now we need leadership with real world experience. You can't get around the fact that he spent more in the last 3.5 years than Bush did in 8, and we have very little to show for it except for a huge expansion of the Federal bureaucracy in Washington. He gives great speeches, but he's not producing results. The difference between some here and myself is I would say the same thing about a Republican doing similar things.

vantexan

I think its safe to say anyone making over 250,000 wont be economically devastated , or "soaked by Obama" as you try putting it ,in having to pay another 3 cents out of a dollar in taxes, and thats ONLY on money ABOVE 250,000.
Federal income tax rates on the wealthy are at historically low levels, that has allot to do with why we've gone broke as a nation.
Now instead of that extra tax money going to help build a better society, it is being used by corporate elites to buy more republicans, and to buy up a right wing media monster to confuse the average working joe.

Beyond FOX News where are all the right wing media? Radio? If the left has a better message why did Air America go off the air? I used to listen to it and it got old fast. Just a lot of personal attacks with little discussion of issues. John friend. Kennedy once said by reducing taxes on the wealthy you spur investment and create jobs, ultimately producing more tax revenue for the government. Increasing taxes has the opposite effect. I guess we can all be miserable together. Personally I could care less how much someone else has as long as I'm paid fairly for the work I do. But I agree, corporations have gotten too influential, getting favorable treatment from government in exchange for campaign contributions that make it possible for them rake in huge profits at the expense of their employees. That's much different from a family of four with an annual income of $280k that built up a local business through long hours and hard work, providing decent jobs to a couple dozen people. Start making it difficult on them and sooner or later they'll have to cut jobs, possibly shut down. And that's what's happening to thousands of small businesses right now.

Goldilocks

You are preaching to the choir and have said what I've said before on this forum. The Dems sure didn't look out for FedEx Express employees when their was a specific attachment to a bill that targeted us to give us some relief. Instead they took their millions and kicked the can down the road until the Repubs got control of the House. So who IS looking out for us?

I watched an interview with Obama before he got elected in 2008 where he discussed "Cap-and-Trade". He actually said "electric bills would necessarily skyrocket" when talking of weaning the public off of fossil fuels. He is beholden to extremists, and has blown billions investing in companies with flawed business plans even after being warned they were bad investments. Those companies were also huge contributors to his campaign. The truth is he had no experience running a major enterprise and it shows in his lack of understanding of how things work in the business world. And right now we need leadership with real world experience. You can't get around the fact that he spent more in the last 3.5 years than Bush did in 8, and we have very little to show for it except for a huge expansion of the Federal bureaucracy in Washington. He gives great speeches, but he's not producing results. The difference between some here and myself is I would say the same thing about a Republican doing similar things.

NICE!!

bbsam

Staff member

I think you don't like Obama. Name one president who came to office and made good on all his election promises. I know. You can't because we don't elect kings or queens. So who really is responsible? I contend that it is we the electorate. We want far more than we can get in a political system of divided government, but I don't think we want a unified government either. I

vantexan

I think you don't like Obama. Name one president who came to office and made good on all his election promises. I know. You can't because we don't elect kings or queens. So who really is responsible? I contend that it is we the electorate. We want far more than we can get in a political system of divided government, but I don't think we want a unified government either. I

I know what card you are playing. I can think of half a dozen black politicians I'd gladly vote for but not Obama. He's surrounded by radicals, a number of which had to leave his service because they openly said extreme things that put him in an awkward position. Thankfully we have checks and balances, such as electing a Republican majority in the House that prevents him from doing too much harm.

bbsam

Staff member
I know what card you are playing. I can think of half a dozen black politicians I'd gladly vote for but not Obama. He's surrounded by radicals, a number of which had to leave his service because they openly said extreme things that put him in an awkward position. Thankfully we have checks and balances, such as electing a Republican majority in the House that prevents him from doing too much harm.
Now you're just being paranoid. Get past the "race card" fanaticism and answer the question. Who can or does deliver on all campaign promises? Nobody. I don't care why you don't like Obama, I just want to know why you want to hold him to a different standard. You're sharp enough to know how politics is played.

bbsam

Staff member
Radicals? Clinton? Biden? Summers? Emmanuel? Axelrod? Geithner? Gates? Huntsman? Pannetta? I'd say there's a pretty good mix of all sides there. Your assertions fail when the larger picture is viewed.