Cost of pick up service...

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
Sure we do! There the ones that promise pick up times without talking to the driver! "Oops, 4:40 pickup"? "Sorry, I'm filling up the truck across town in the business section around then"! "Be ready at 3"...

Do not change my posts when you quote me, thank you.

You have a severe lack of knowledge on how the process works. If you are worried about your pick-up times, that's the sole responsibility of your center's management team. Blame it on them.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You have a severe lack of knowledge on how the process works. If you are worried about your pick-up times, that's the sole responsibility of your center's management team. Blame it on them.

Actually it is you who needs a refresher course. BD will tell the customer what they want to hear without consulting with the mgt team or driver.

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
BD plays stupid all the time. My point is that the management team can fix it, and are ultimately in control of these things. This is without saying anything about their laziness or lack of giving a crap....

BrownSuit

I have converted two daily pickups over to Smart pickups. It took a while but the tipping point for each was the 50% cost savings. Don't bother putting a sales lead in for this---this is something the consignee needs to initiate as the company has no incentive to help a shipper reduce their costs.

Upstate - Can you clarify? The Consignee could care less about what pickup method is used as long as they get their package. The company is highly interested in converting appropriate customers to the Smart Pickup as long-term it not only reduces their costs, but also significantly reduces our costs and allows you to get back in the building at a more reasonable hour as you are only stopping at locations to pickup that actually have packages.

It is not appropriate for every customer, those using older versions of WorldShip, Pickup Books, or certain Vendor systems. It also would not make sense for somebody who does indeed have multiple packages everyday that is exceeding the $75 per week mark. For those customers the daily pickup makes more sense from a planning perspective and to ensure that they are not missed if they do not process a shipment early enough in the day.

If you actually talk to a customer about switching, submit a sales lead AND put switch to Smart Pickup in the comments, I see no reason why somebody from BD would not take it from there and assuming that it is appropriate for the customer, sell them on switching.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have submitted several Smart pickup conversion and new account leads, tracked them and each of them were closed without action taken. The two Smart pickup accounts that I converted was because I inititated the process on the shipper's behalf through the 1-800#. I called and told them I had a customer who wanted to switch his dialy to a Smart and then handed the phone to the shipper. The following business day both accounts had been switched. These were accounts with minimal activity so it made sense to convert them. I have another account (lawyer's office) which has a daily but would be better served to cancel their account and use a nearby drop box (they ship using ASD's). It is not uncommon for them to have nothing going for a month at a time but whenever I suggest they drop their daily and use a drop box they say no.