Countdown to hottest day in 5 years in Georgia

If I thought they wouldn't leave us out there till 900 like Monday I wouldn't be so concerned, but yeah, I don't see that not happening.
For what its worth when we have two feet of snow or it's 98 degrees I never call off. I always go on the bad days and take my days off on the good ones. I lead by example but don't begrudge anyone for calling off anytime they want. This is a business and they plan for stuff like this so they will figure it out. It's just one day

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
For what its worth when we have two feet of snow or it's 98 degrees I never call off. I always go on the bad days and take my days off on the good ones. I lead by example but don't begrudge anyone for calling off anytime they want. This is a business and they plan for stuff like this so they will figure it out. It's just one day

Personally, I love the 2 feet of snow days. EC and easy money!

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Yeah, I get where you're coming from. The issue is when we have 5 people go home a day and have low senority drivers arguing over who's not going to run the route as they all want to go home, I think they can figure out who's gunna "suck it up and go to work" as it's not going to be me. Such are the benifits of not using my option days and making back door deals. I don't owe management anything and they don't owe me anything, only what's agreed upon in the contract.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
It'll be interesting monday morning when I'm questioned by my Oncar for being over allowed on Friday.
I'm certain to be on the "5 Least Best " list,and it will be a big chuckle fest when he tells me he knows it's hot,but can i try and improve my performance?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Predictions are already reporting 102 on Friday and saying"It will be the hottest day since 2007" according to Kirk Mellish on am750/95.5fm. Think they'll load it down regardless of the safety risks involved? Might be a good time to take an early 3 day holiday weekend.
Heat wave alert | Kirk Mellish's Weather Commentary | www.wsbradio.com

Saturday will not be much better ... maybe even higher.

My team captain asked me if I could play tennis on Saturday and I said, "Nope. I don't play tennis when it is over 85".

I'm doing a photo shoot of a wheelchair racer for his sponsor Saturday morning and I'll be processing them on my PC in the heat of the day.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Saturday will not be much better ... maybe even higher.

My team captain asked me if I could play tennis on Saturday and I said, "Nope. I don't play tennis when it is over 85".

I'm doing a photo shoot of a wheelchair racer for his sponsor Saturday morning and I'll be processing them on my PC in the heat of the day.
It's a lot easier to put up with the heat when it's doing something you enjoy and can take breaks at your own pace. Hope your pc doesn't shut down like the DIAD does at 95degrees.

Yeah, I get where you're coming from. The issue is when we have 5 people go home a day and have low senority drivers arguing over who's not going to run the route as they all want to go home, I think they can figure out who's gunna "suck it up and go to work" as it's not going to be me. Such are the benifits of not using my option days and making back door deals. I don't owe management anything and they don't owe me anything, only what's agreed upon in the contract.
I like this

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It's a lot easier to put up with the heat when it's doing something you enjoy and can take breaks at your own pace. Hope your pc doesn't shut down like the DIAD does at 95degrees.

Can't take breaks in tennis when you want - it's a league.

My DSLR camera will shut down when it gets too hot.
I have learned to take a large thermos bag with frozen packs in it so I can put my camera in there.