Cover driver to full time driver

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Bootseyups, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Bootseyups

Bootseyups New Member

What's the pay progression going from cover driver to full time driver! I've been making 34.32 for about a year now! I was a Saturday air driving being used everyday so I made top rate! About a 3 months ago I be and a cover driver and went done to 24.30 a hour! Now they asked me to become a full time driver so how long before I top out again!

2. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

What?

3. Bootseyups

Bootseyups New Member

How long before I get back to 34.32.

4. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

OK first let me say I don't know where you are. I can only speak for my area.

I'm guessing you were making top scale because as an air driver they had you del ground or pick up ground. So they had to pay you that much.

Now you are a cover driver and make i believe 75% of top rate. When you go FT it will take you 4 years (counting the time you were a cover driver also) to become top rate.

5. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

Why are you on a message board asking drivers who are governed under 100 different contracts when you will get back to full rate? Ask your steward

6. Bootseyups

Bootseyups New Member

I was just curious and of course I could ask a steward and will! I was under the impression that's what this site was for! 90% of the questions asked in here could go to a steward!

7. DriveInDriveOut

DriveInDriveOut The One Who Knocks

4 years

8. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

9. JL 0513

JL 0513 Well-Known Member

Your situation doesn't exist in my local. All cover drivers are full time here. Our air drivers never run routes. Can't help you.

10. DriveInDriveOut

DriveInDriveOut The One Who Knocks

[​IMG]

11. SaladTosser

SaladTosser Member

Shoulda stayed where you were. Now you have to wait 4 years to get 35 again

12. greenroomgal

greenroomgal Member

i was under the impression that once you got 30 days in at a certain rate, they could not lower your rate? That is what happens here at least. a TCD rate can only lower if they go full time before 30 days is up.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. Let go of the Pen!

Let go of the Pen! New Member

I'm sure I'm in the minority here but I would be able to understand the question a little better if there were just a few more exclamation points, but hey that's just me.

14. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Search?

[​IMG]

15. Brisket

Brisket Active Member

Hogan' Heroes!

16. Brisket

Brisket Active Member

Red circled.

17. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

I thought "The great escape."

18. Brisket

Brisket Active Member

19. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Yep.

20. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I liked it when the short French guy would push up the tunnel door while the German Shepherd was laying on it.