Do I get the GWI?

GodlikeRage

As formerly a TCD (Cover Driver) that transitioned to full time 22.4, my rate was 85% of the previous top rate. At $35.27 an hour, my rate exceeded all 4 years of progression of a 22.4 from the jump. They say we get GWI in progression so does that apply to me also?

govols019

You smell that?
You get 85% of the GWI as best as I can remember.

That's the only good thing about the TCD language, you stay at 85% through progression.

542thruNthru

It normally would but the west only gets 75% and to make it fair the IBT decided to not give you the GWI because you already make more then others. :)

To my knowledge if you're in progression at the time of ratification you get the raises. So yes you'd get $2.75

charm299

As formerly a TCD (Cover Driver) that transitioned to full time 22.4, my rate was 85% of the previous top rate. At $35.27 an hour, my rate exceeded all 4 years of progression of a 22.4 from the jump. They say we get GWI in progression so does that apply to me also?
Transitioned? Sounds…….never mind, you’ll get 85% which is 2.34 I think

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It normally would but the west only gets 75% and to make it fair the IBT decided to not give you the GWI because you already make more then others. :)

To my knowledge if you're in progression at the time of ratification you get the raises. So yes you'd get $2.75

IMG_7251.gif

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
You're red circled at your rate until a new contract is ratified. Read the first section of article 41.
So would they get $2.75 on top of their 85% or would they take a pay cut and be slotted into what the rate is for whatever year of progression they’re in?

So would they get $2.75 on top of their 85% or would they take a pay cut and be slotted into what the rate is for whatever year of progression they’re in?
Their rate should've been frozen at 85% of whatever top rate was at the time they went FT. If progression caught them then they would get the higher rate. Now they get the GWI like the rest of us, nothing more, nothing less.

Yeet

Their rate should've been frozen at 85% of whatever top rate was at the time they went FT. If progression caught them then they would get the higher rate. Now they get the GWI like the rest of us, nothing more, nothing less.
Ok so they’re still red circled until they’re finished with progression but will receive the full GWI.

Example: The guy I’ve been coaching is red circled at 85% and is in his final year of progression. His rate as of July 31st is $35.36. So with the GWI his new rate will be $38.11.

If this is the case then I’ve been telling him the right thing but if I’m wrong I would like to correct myself.

542thruNthru

He’s red circled until he hits top pay, 85%. I’ve been going through it with the cola raises
That's because you were a TCD when the last contract went into effect so you were not in progression. He is in progression as a 22.4 but red circled at his TCD rate. Now that the new contract passed per this language he will receive the GWIs during his progression but yes he will not receive COLA per the contract.

Screenshot_20230830_101239_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

charm299

That's because you were a TCD when the last contract went into effect so you were not in progression. He is in progression as a 22.4 but red circled at his TCD rate. Now that the new contract passed per this language he will receive the GWIs during his progression but yes he will not receive COLA per the contract.

View attachment 444416
He’s red circled at 85%, he will never make more then that. He’s not in a true progression. So if you are correct, next year raise he would get less to put him back to 85%

Yeet

He’s red circled at 85%, he will never make more then that. He’s not in a true progression. So if you are correct, next year raise he would get less to put him back to 85%
I thought he said he went TCD to 22.4 (now RPCD)? If that’s true then he is in progression and red circled since he came in as a cover driver.

If I’m reading the contract right, he will get 100% of the GWI’s immediately and top rate when he finishes progression.

charm299

I thought he said he went TCD to 22.4 (now RPCD)? If that’s true then he is in progression and red circled since he came in as a cover driver.

If I’m reading the contract right, he will get 100% of the GWI’s immediately and top rate when he finishes progression.
That’s not how it work, if he is in year 1 of progression, he would get the year 1 rate plus the gwi or 85% of top rate, whichever is higher. I wish you was correct though

Yeet

That’s not how it work, if he is in year 1 of progression, he would get the year 1 rate plus the gwi or 85% of top rate, whichever is higher. I wish you was correct though
Any other contract I would agree with you 100% and you may even be right currently. This new contract says every employee even in progression gets these GWI’s. It does not specify those locked in at 85% don’t get it. We will have to wait and see.

Any other contract I would agree with you 100% and you may even be right currently. This new contract says every employee even in progression gets these GWI’s. It does not specify those locked in at 85% don’t get it. We will have to wait and see.
Every contract reads that way since I've been here, just updated for the year. He will get the GWI.