Cover driving 30 probation

Tin tin

I just started my 30 probation for cover driving and it's only been one week and theyve already had no work for me for 2 days. I thought that I'll be working for 30 continuous working days. Are they allowed to be sending me home on my probation?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I just started my 30 probation for cover driving and it's only been one week and theyve already had no work for me for 2 days. I thought that I'll be working for 30 continuous working days. Are they allowed to be sending me home on my probation?

How long have you been working for UPS?

Qualifying is 30 working days. You have 90 or 120 days from the day you start to get your 30 days in. Seniority still applies when assigning work. If they worked you while someone with seniority sits at home, they'll grieve it and get paid for all the hours you worked. You only get paid guaranteed hours for days you work.

new2dagame

I just started my 30 day scratch last week.....Should I be getting paid for 8 hours when I finish within ?

2018-02-19 8.50 16.73 8.23 1.10 PAY ACTUAL PKG
7.13 GROUND DRIVER PKG
2018-02-20 8.75 18.12 9.37 1.00 PAY GUARANTEE PKG
8.37 GROUND DRIVER PKG
2018-02-21 8.75 17.07 8.32 1.03 PAY ACTUAL PKG
7.29 GROUND DRIVER PKG
2018-02-22 8.75 17.35 8.60 1.00 PAY ACTUAL PKG
7.60 GROUND DRIVER PKG
2018-02-23 8.75 16.52 7.77 0.85 PAY ACTUAL PKG
6.92 GROUND DRIVER

Tin tin

Qualifying is 30 working days. You have 90 or 120 days from the day you start to get your 30 days in. Seniority still applies when assigning work. If they worked you while someone with seniority sits at home, they'll grieve it and get paid for all the hours you worked. You only get paid guaranteed hours for days you work.

Ok thanks! that's good to know. Cause I've only done one day alone and then they started sending me home when I get it the building.
I only have 5 years with the company

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I just started my 30 day scratch last week.....Should I be getting paid for 8 hours when I finish within ?

2018-02-19 8.50 16.73 8.23 1.10 PAY ACTUAL PKG
7.13 GROUND DRIVER PKG
2018-02-20 8.75 18.12 9.37 1.00 PAY GUARANTEE PKG
8.37 GROUND DRIVER PKG
2018-02-21 8.75 17.07 8.32 1.03 PAY ACTUAL PKG
7.29 GROUND DRIVER PKG
2018-02-22 8.75 17.35 8.60 1.00 PAY ACTUAL PKG
7.60 GROUND DRIVER PKG
2018-02-23 8.75 16.52 7.77 0.85 PAY ACTUAL PKG
6.92 GROUND DRIVER

Ok thanks! that's good to know. Cause I've only done one day alone and then they started sending me home when I get it the building.
I only have 5 years with the company

8 hour guarantee may not apply during qualification, depending on your supplemental. You'll want to check with your steward to find out for sure. Also, you might find it difficult to qualify if you start grieving right out the gate.
If you are getting done under 8 hours already, you should be in good shape, they will likely start increasing your stop count.

Tin tin

8 hour guarantee may not apply during qualification, depending on your supplemental. You'll want to check with your steward to find out for sure. Also, you might find it difficult to qualify if you start grieving right out the gate.
If you are getting done under 8 hours already, you should be in good shape, they will likely start increasing your stop count.

Yeah I didn't want to file anything cause I don't want to give myself a bad rep.. I just wanted to make sure I get the time to improve. The one day I went out alone I went over by 2 hours. But on my first stop my truck broke down and I had to wait an hour for the mechanic to come by and ended up having to swap my load.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Yeah I didn't want to file anything cause I don't want to give myself a bad rep.. I just wanted to make sure I get the time to improve. The one day I went out alone I went over by 2 hours. But on my first stop my truck broke down and I had to wait an hour for the mechanic to come by and ended up having to swap my load.
Sup should have you told you to code that hour as breakdown, so it wouldn't count against your over-under. Even 2 hours over is not bad for first day on your own. Just keep showing improvement that's what they're looking for. They just want someone who isn't going to be a problem for them in the future.

Not sure how it is where you are, but showing up in browns every morning got me a lot of work I wouldn't have gotten if I played their "call in and see if we need you" games. Even getting an hour or two of running exception air or shuttling left in buildings is better than working in the hub, or worse, sitting at home making nothing.

Tin tin

Sup should have you told you to code that hour as breakdown, so it wouldn't count against your over-under. Even 2 hours over is not bad for first day on your own. Just keep showing improvement that's what they're looking for. They just want someone who isn't going to be a problem for them in the future.

Not sure how it is where you are, but showing up in browns every morning got me a lot of work I wouldn't have gotten if I played their "call in and see if we need you" games. Even getting an hour or two of running exception air or shuttling left in buildings is better than working in the hub, or worse, sitting at home making nothing.

Yeah they knew I was broken down but never told me I was able to do that.. but someone did show me how to punch in a breakdown when I got back to the building. And thanks! I do want to be a good driver, just need some practice.