COVID pay

Hossa22

Hey everyone. New to the site. Trying to get some info regarding the COVID pay... i was approved for the 2 week pay but i was curious if that gets direct deposited or if a paper check is sent in the mail? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks

UnionGuy

Apparently in the 396 area, they ran out of Covid pay funds. So now people who are getting Covid now aren't getting paid for the two weeks. Our BA said to file either way.

From what I hear, it's direct deposit.

Hossa22

Appreciate the answers. Mine was approved this past Thursday. I seen nothing Friday so I’m assuming this next Friday coming up? Of course you ask HR but it takes 4 days to get any type of answer.

ManInBrown

Hey everyone. New to the site. Trying to get some info regarding the COVID pay... i was approved for the 2 week pay but i was curious if that gets direct deposited or if a paper check is sent in the mail? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks
Direct deposit just like a regular paycheck.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Appreciate the answers. Mine was approved this past Thursday. I seen nothing Friday so I’m assuming this next Friday coming up? Of course you ask HR but it takes 4 days to get any type of answer.
It will take 5 weeks. That’s how long it took me and everyone else I’ve talked.

Hossa22

This company blows my mind. It’s not like they don’t have the money. Just pay it like a normal paycheck. Hoping it’s not 5 weeks out but i have enough money for right now if need be. I just hate waiting on them. I swear they do it just to :censored2: with everyone

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
This company blows my mind. It’s not like they don’t have the money. Just pay it like a normal paycheck. Hoping it’s not 5 weeks out but i have enough money for right now if need be. I just hate waiting on them. I swear they do it just to * with everyone
Many employers don’t pay anything for Covid leave.....

Whereistheunion

Nobody wears a mask in my HUB, the health department been called to my HUB 3 times. Your the first UPSER to use the COVID benefit that I know of. Let me know how it goes.

MyTripisCut

Nobody wears a mask in my HUB, the health department been called to my HUB 3 times. Your the first UPSER to use the COVID benefit that I know of. Let me know how it goes.
Half of my coworkers and the management team have been out and paid for Covid leave. OSHA has fined our building four times so far for mask usage. Lots of guys have been coded wrong for the leave and lost benefits due to no punches too. Fun times.

Hossa22

Many employers don’t pay anything for Covid leave.....
Yea well a lot of employers didn’t feel the impact such as UPS. We all worked long hours and were stuck dealing with the impact. As far as I’m concerned every union employee has earned that pay. They don’t do anything else for us when they continue to make billions upon billions every quarter

rod

Retired 22 years
Half of my coworkers and the management team have been out and paid for Covid leave. OSHA has fined our building four times so far for mask usage. Lots of guys have been coded wrong for the leave and lost benefits due to no punches too. Fun times.
So is this perk being abused? Is all you have to do is say you were exposed to Covid--no proof? I'm curious.

MyTripisCut

So is this perk being abused? Is all you have to do is say you were exposed to Covid--no proof? I'm curious.
I would say for the most part no, it’s not abused. Most guys or gals have that I’ve talked to were tested positive and had family tested positive as well.

rod

Retired 22 years
I would say for the most part no, it’s not abused. Most guys or gals have that I’ve talked to were tested positive and had family tested positive as well.
I didn't realize that. My next question ---did they have to show proof of this or was it just "take their word " for it.