Customers that tick you off when it comes to COD

ArcherUTR

Dave, I had it happen last week. Consignee called shipper, shipper called UPS, corporate sent a center message, my on road messages me instructions and the code, I re-delivered at their pick up.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Happens to me with brokerage fees after the customer pays over the phone.

AKCoverMan

According to the UPS Service guide the basic COD fee is $12 each, plus a number of add on services like electronic depositing etc just listed as "Contractual Fee".

AKCoverMan

We have a motorcycle/snow machine dealership that gets about 2/3 of stuff COD. They need to write a certain billing number off the COD tag on their checks. So the driver on the route and covers who run it learn which number they need and call it off to the receiver who is writing fast and furious.

It takes a few minutes but working together not too long. This stop is on FL2 and often pretty bulky, you really want it off the car early. They usually have NDA but always try to have them off with the NDA even when they might be all 2DA and ground. It works better for the driver.

And it works better for the customer. The receiver at this stop gets it that we have busy schedule but it makes his life easier if he gets his freight in the morning. Because we work with him, he is generally out at the car as soon as you pull up and honk, helping with unloading the packages.

wayfair

swollen member
We have a motorcycle/snow machine dealership that gets about 2/3 of stuff COD. They need to write a certain billing number off the COD tag on their checks. So the driver on the route and covers who run it learn which number they need and call it off to the receiver who is writing fast and furious.

It takes a few minutes but working together not too long. This stop is on FL2 and often pretty bulky, you really want it off the car early. They usually have NDA but always try to have them off with the NDA even when they might be all 2DA and ground. It works better for the driver.

And it works better for the customer. The receiver at this stop gets it that we have busy schedule but it makes his life easier if he gets his freight in the morning. Because we work with him, he is generally out at the car as soon as you pull up and honk, helping with unloading the packages.

sounds like the customer has the driver trained

wayfair

swollen member
Yes I suppose. My point is it's a two way street. The driver is helping the business and the business is helping the driver.
the business is helping the driver take money out of his pocket

the business would be helping the driver if they had the money ready when he delivered... they know how much the COD is when they make the order

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I always text or call my customers before I get there and let them know how much and who it is from and I give them an eta of when I will be there. Problem solved, always about doing the prep work first to make your day easier.

wayfair

swollen member
I always text or call my customers before I get there and let them know how much and who it is from and I give them an eta of when I will be there. Problem solved, always about doing the prep work first to make your day easier.

you must have a lot of time on your hands
AK driver says he goes through pkgs that are loaded FL2, you have time to go thru a bulk stop and separate COD's???

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I don't get many cod,s honestly but I always make sure their going to be ready when I get there just in case they may not be aware of them or in at the time of delivery. Little extra work and prep never killed anybody last time I checked. All about your work ethic and being on top of stuff at all times whenever possible.