Days To Scratch?

S

selfcancelsignal

I'd almost bet the trainee is following Oh Ryan, & that can't be good while training. Having deliveries sprinkled in with pickups on a heavy business route is so dumb & very confusing for someone training. Happens on my route a lot. In fact they tried to train 2 people on mine recently, both of which failed miserably, & I believe Oh Ryan was the main culprit. Since I've been doing my route for awhile now, I know how to either A. Run it my way from RDO or 2. Run Oh Ryan/my way from ODO which I started doing a couple weeks back to see if it'd decrease my stop count some.

My advice, switch from ODO to RDO, & I'm with the other drivers on here. Talk to the bid driver of this training route & get input on the best way to run it, & get to know veteran drivers in your hub/center. Much more knowledgeable about delivering than management.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
How would that be a light day? Do they work out of a hog? (Box truck) even working out of a P1200, and delivered 400 pcs, you'd still have to pick up 400 pcs. Our heaviest routes MIGHT touch 650 pcs. a day. Not to mention, you'd have to be done all deliveries before doing your first pick up.
I had many 400/400 days on my old area in a P10. Back before we lost most of our mid range pickup accounts.

NonDeliverOtherMissed

How would that be a light day? Do they work out of a hog? (Box truck) even working out of a P1200, and delivered 400 pcs, you'd still have to pick up 400 pcs. Our heaviest routes MIGHT touch 650 pcs. a day. Not to mention, you'd have to be done all deliveries before doing your first pick up.
We have a route the driver picks up roughly 500 pieces everyday....300 of them are envelopes in totes from an insurance company

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
On retail- get signatures if they are there. For driver release, always stop complete at the door, garage, etc. On wholesale, if you have to go to another location for a signature, that's another stop. For example: a office shared by more than one company. That might be two or more stops with separate signatures.

NonDeliverOtherMissed

If it's a nice day out(no rain) and u know/it doesn't seem like anyones home..don't ring the doorbell..just drop package and roll outta there...those extra seconds will add up and at the end up the day might shave off 8-10 mins

billerz

Just come into work and do your best every day. Don't complain to anyone, and say yes to everything they ask.

As far as running scratch, it's just about being efficient. As soon as you can clear floor space, do it. Try not to touch packages more than once. If you are searching for a box and you see the ones for your next stop, slide them up or set them on the floor next to the bulkhead.

If at every stop you in the bulkhead looking for I'd say more than 5 secs, you're taking too long. What you want is to know where the boxes are before you even enter bulkhead.

Savvy412

I worked through my break my 30

but it was during peak and they didnt say 1 word to me about anything during my 30 days. i kinda got lucky.

But ya..friend the doorbell..DROP AND GO

and if your truck is a mess. Just take 5 minutes to reorganize and put :censored2: in your "batter" box

oldngray

nowhere special
Just come into work and do your best every day. Don't complain to anyone, and say yes to everything they ask.

As far as running scratch, it's just about being efficient. As soon as you can clear floor space, do it. Try not to touch packages more than once. If you are searching for a box and you see the ones for your next stop, slide them up or set them on the floor next to the bulkhead.

If at every stop you in the bulkhead looking for I'd say more than 5 secs, you're taking too long. What you want is to know where the boxes are before you even enter bulkhead.

Exactly. Smooth is fast.

MC0493

I promise you it's around 110 stops and 30 on pickups, but there are many duplicate and bogus pickups in the log so that's why i said around 20. There are 3 busineses that regularly ship out atleast a pallet or more of stuff. Friday i had a crap load of smalls which jacked the number up. But i did not get deliveries done before pickups, truck got bricked and it got difficult. Last report i saw i was 0.88 over on a previous day, not sure if that's clicks or hours.

I run Orion for the beginning part of the day usually til air is off then rdo the rest of the day. Orion just never makes much sense to me. I appreciate the input guys. Top priority is be safe, don't hit anything and try to be efficient. Already had the sups do their hide in the bushes observation on my friday as well.