Democratic National Convention

BrownArmy

You don’t have to go far from the Democratic National Convention to see how much worse things are now than when President Obama took office. In fact, just four miles away from the convention, what were once thriving businesses are now ridden in despair. Entire strip malls are abandoned, auto dealers closed, gas stations shut down, restaurants foreclosed and empty. It is so bad, billboards are blank without advertising.
Breitbart

This is a ridiculous post.

I used to deliver in Charlotte (non-UPS job) years ago, and even then, the city was 'gentrifying' quite nicely.

Charlotte is the banking capitol of NC...they've cleaned the city up right nice.

You, sir, must be joking.

Don't believe everything you see on the internetxxx...

BrownArmy

Republicans seemed hateful. Not so the democrats.

If you're talking about the convention speakers (and if I was a Republican), I would disagree with you, and I would say that the D's were being particularly hateful.

We all see what we want to see, hear what we want to hear.

Try talking to the forum member ********; you get my drift.

BrownArmy

If the posts on this board are reflective of the base vote for the dimocrats not being hateful will not play very well.

Says the poster who posts 'dimocrats'?

It's amusing to me...the breakdown on this forum (vis-a-vis political issues) is soooo close to the breakdown in society (vis-a-vis political issues).

Sooo...can't we have a different conversation?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

I used to deliver in Charlotte (non-UPS job) years ago, and even then, the city was 'gentrifying' quite nicely.

Charlotte is the banking capitol of NC...they've cleaned the city up right nice.

Yes he does.

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Michele Obama rocked her speech at the convention! She is a great representation of the average american woman. She made Ann Romney look like an amatuer.

Peace

TOS

texan

From the Charlotte Observer (should have some credibility for that area)

Despite DNC boost, economic recovery dragging in host city Charlotte

Unemployment, bankruptcy filings and consumer confidence all remain downbeat

Charlotte moves to the center of the political universe this week as the Democratic National Convention
comes to town. Yet despite the glitzy upgrades, A-list guests and an election season largely focused on
the economy, experts say the host city’s recovery remains disappointing.

More than 48,000 people were looking for work in Mecklenburg County in July, the highest level since January.
The local unemployment rate remains higher than the state and national average.
Bankruptcy filings have ticked upward.

Area economists who weighed in recently on the local economy, two-thirds of the way
through 2012, did find a few bright spots, from construction to financial services.
But they don’t expect the big picture to brighten much the rest of the year, they said.

Despite DNC boost, economic recovery dragging in host city Charlotte | CharlotteObserver.com

texan

From the Boston Hearld

Elizabeth Warren, scrambling to shift focus from her ongoing Cherokee scandal, dismissed demands
from Native Americans who want her to explain her heritage claims
in her first appearance at the
Democratic National Convention this morning.

Questions surrounding Warren’s American Indian heritage re-emerged after many members of a
council of Democratic Native Americans — including the great-grandson of Geronimo — were outraged
that Warren listed herself as a minority in a law school directory without any proof.

Warren ignored a follow-up question about whether she was refusing to meet with the group, who are
loyal Democrats and come from across the country.

She has continued to claim that her Cherokee roots are a part of her life due to stories her
family told her, but she’s declined to speak further about the issue.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Its funny how people are when it comes to politics. we can have different favorite restaurants, movies, etc. But when it comes to how something is going to affect your life, you get much more involved and rightly so.
I disagree with my union pres and ba. I am not in the minority tho. I still like them, I just stay away from them at this point. They will not change my educated mind, and I will not change theirs.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Michele Obama rocked her speech at the convention! She is a great representation of the average american woman. She made Ann Romney look like an amatuer.

Peace

TOS
PS ANN Romney is an amateur.
I think Michelles speech was fine, but went on too long, as did Romneys. I think more is less. I think that I need to know less how wonderful they are as husbands and fathers, that is already established.
I need to know what they are prepared to do to help this country. And what they are qualified to do, their experience, their education, their past record. Those should be short speeches.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Simple answer STEWIE... INTEREST. The debt is moving because its calculating the 1 billion dollar a day interest that keeps on moving the clock higher. 11 trillion of that debt belongs to GW BUSH, 5 trillion to OBAMA.... thats 16 trillion dollars.

Interest on all that money is HUGE, thus the reason the clock is moving.

Just think that if BUSH hadnt started two wars, cut taxes for the rich and didnt pass a prescription drug bill costing almost a trillion dollars, there would be NO DEBT to worry about, but that didnt happen.

Instead, BUSH tacked on 11 trillion dollars and a collapse nation. It has cost ALL americans, another 5 trillion to stop the bleeding and NOW the private sector needs to step up and do their fair share and bring jobs back to this country or face TARIFFS so high they will be forced to come back.

Peace

TOS

Let's do the math President's before Bush 5 Trillion
Bush 5.6 (2 terms)
Obama 5.4 (1 Term) some interest ok
=16 Trillion
Conclusion all the bull sh-t and it hasn't gotten any better
So do we give this guy and his party another 4 years or is it time for a change ? Has it gotten any better for you in the last 4 years ?
PS I wasn't in love with Bush either,but this guy has to go.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Let's do the math President's before Bush 5 Trillion
Bush 5.6 (2 terms)
Obama 5.4 (1 Term) some interest ok
=16 Trillion
Conclusion all the bull sh-t and it hasn't gotten any better
So do we give this guy and his party another 4 years or is it time for a change ? Has it gotten any better for you in the last 4 years ?
PS I wasn't in love with Bush either,but this guy has to go.

Pretty much my thoughts too Stewie.

I absolutely loathed Bush Jr but Obama scares the crap out of me.