Diad V

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
Five or six years with the diad 4 and I still can't find the letters...With diad 3 I could almost type with my eyes closed.

In my one whole day of using a DIAD, it appears about as advanced technology-wise as a 1980s cell phone. (Remember those? Full size handset with a carry bag? Cost me $1700 for a phone that NEVER had any bars, ever, anywhere)

Why not color, backlit, with a GPS mapping system?

Just wondering - don't mind me

Hedley_Lamarr

In my one whole day of using a DIAD, it appears about as advanced technology-wise as a 1980s cell phone. (Remember those? Full size handset with a carry bag? Cost me $1700 for a phone that NEVER had any bars, ever, anywhere)

Why not color, backlit, with a GPS mapping system?

Just wondering - don't mind me
As far as technology goes the DIAD does seem a little antiquiated, but most of the package cars in our center are older than the guys driving them....

Cementups

Box Monkey
They should integrate DIAD technology into blackberrys

the technology is there but UPS would never go for it. Maybe even something 2x the size of a Blackberry. One of the nicest things with my blackberry is that I have no idea it is on my hip. I WILL NOT carry my DIAD hip due to the weight of it. They may change if I had a route with more business stops, but as long as i am in a rural area my DIAD barely leaves the truck but for signature required pieces.

As far as the weight of these beast we have to carry it is all in the battery. Using a lightweight Lithium battery would be better but I don't see UPS switching to to that either.

As far as durability of a Blackberry, they are actualy very tough. I have dropped mine way more than I drop my DIAD and it seems like it is made by Timex.