Did the union contract give new drivers better benefits than old?

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by UPSSC, Aug 4, 2014.

1. UPSSC

UPSSC New Member

I started qualifying on April 3 to become a full time driver. Finished qualifying on May 25 due to being pulled back to preload continuously during my 30 day qualifying period. Was sent one set of Teamcare cards stating $10 copay as a Part-time U3 employee. Was then told by Teamcare that my copay should be $20 as a full time driver who qualified before June 1st with a $200 deductible. Does this make sense? Teamcare said that if I qualified after June 1st, I would have a $10 copay with no deductible. Why are drivers hired after June 1st getting better benefits than those hired before that date? Was there a concession for better pension or some other benefit

2. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

Oh boy here we go again.

3. UPSSC

UPSSC New Member

Since I was in the qualifying period at the time all of the contract mess was taking place, I am just trying to make sure I am getting the correct coverage. If it is worse, so be it but they have made mistakes before.

4. ChickenLegs

ChickenLegs Safety Expert

Teamcare sucks

5. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Sounds like you may be in one of those locals that received a "carve out" plan.

6. Johney

Says the p/t sup.

7. ChickenLegs

ChickenLegs Safety Expert

A p/t sup? No I'm in the bargaining unit, troll. And another romper room goes on the ignore list...

8. Dracula

Dracula Package Car is cake compared to this...

Do me, do me next. PLEASE.

9. Johney

I'm heartbroken.

10. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

In 15 years I haven't died yet.

11. Ron Carey lives on

Ron Carey lives on Well-Known Member

Yawn

Sent using BrownCafe App

12. RealPerson

RealPerson Active Member

Yes, in my area, if you were on Teamcare before you have $5 scripts now... Hope it was worth the vote.

I on the other hand am PT, and just used the Teamcare for an immediate care visit for my daughter. Say hello to 20%