Disappearing envelope

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by overflowed, Oct 16, 2014.

1. overflowed

overflowed Well-Known Member

Was in one of my highrises doing pickups. UPS dude was using a handcart with no tub and dropped the frickin envelope down the shaft. He was freakin out and shiitte. What will happen to him? Just curious. Was funny as hell though.

2. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

He'll be fired!!!

Honestly, probably nothing will happen. Shipper will need to resend whatever the package was, and the driver will put envelopes in totes from now on.

3. jrh

jrh Member

what happened now? some kind of tube?

4. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Back to your trailer, newbie....adults are talking.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Derail Derail x 1
    • List
  5. bleedinbrown58

I'm sure that's happened a lot..I actually know a driver thhat had the same thing happen a long time ago....at least it wasn't an air! And maybe next time he'll remember to use a tote for the smalls...lesson learned...lol.

6. MC4YOU2

MC4YOU2 Yep, not wearing brown anymore

I bet elevator mechanics find lots of treasure at the bottom of the shaft from this kind of thing. Rings, keys, money, condoms, who knows?

7. Future

Future Well-Known Member

You used the words shaft and condoms almost together but had nothing to do with each other.That is almost poetic!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  8. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

It is more sophomoric than poetic.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Derail Derail x 1
    • List
  9. ZQXC

ZQXC Guest

.... if only this was an "on topic" thread

what a shame

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Derail Derail x 2
    • List
  10. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. I did that twice as a rookie. Things happen! Never got in any trouble over it.

12. UpstateNYUPSer

How would you sheet something like that? I don't recall seeing a "fell down elevator shaft" option available.

13. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Once I dropped a NDA letter down a crack between the front door and a deck. It was under deck where I couldn't get to it. I went back later in the day after my other airs were off to help the customer get it out.

14. Packmule

Packmule Well-Known Member

Beat me to this. Always watching out for those deck gaps. Don't know how many pens I've lost over the years.

15. Big Arrow Down...D

Big Arrow Down...D Leave the gun,take the cannoli

Things can be retrieved from elevator shafts....just have to know the right people

16. UpstateNYUPSer

I use the time I spend in elevators to empty my pockets of any trash that I may have picked up along the way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Derail Derail x 1
    • List
  17. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Be careful about the security cameras.

18. jaker

jaker trolling

I lost a diad in a storm drain once , sup had to call the city to get it out

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. bleedinbrown58

How'd that happen? lol

20. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Believe it or not it's not hard. I've had lots of stuff fall out of the cab of my moving truck and bounce along side me on the pavement as I drove.

The other way would be if you are carrying a stack of light boxes and have the diad on top. It could easily slip off as you're getting out of the truck and fall in the drain. Around here there are just grates that the water goes through
    [​IMG]

, but the other design for storm drains is where there is a cutout under the curb [​IMG]where you could physically throw something in the drain that wouldn't fit through a grate.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014