Disgusted Union Members = Trump Vs. Hillary

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Disagreed on corporate welfare to an extent.. but the candidate you're backing has committed to "forcing" companies to keep jobs in the US. I don't know how he plans to do it, but it's an interesting proposal nonetheless.

I just wish folks wouldn't automatically assume a person swiping an EBT card at the grocery store checkout line with an iPhone in their other hand is committing fraud. For every anecdotal instance of "welfare" fraud, there are hundreds of people that legitimately need the assistance. Frauds (people selling food stamps, for example -- it's pretty difficult to cheat SSI disability although it happens) should absolutely get the hammer dropped down on them.
How about simple stuff like what you're actually allowed to buy with your food stamps?

I shouldn't have to watch a lady buy two monsters every freaking day with food stamps. Use that money wisely and it's two meals for your day not two energy drinks.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How about simple stuff like what you're actually allowed to buy with your food stamps?

I shouldn't have to watch a lady buy two monsters every freaking day with food stamps. Use that money wisely and it's two meals for your day not two energy drinks.

There are guidelines; however, they are not nearly specific enough.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

Woah Woah. This is a government program, and a very partisan issue.

You can't bring common sense reform suggestions like that into the discussion.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
And the guidelines aren't automatic. From what I've seen its mostly up to what the cashier will let them purchase.
There is this surfer dude in California that the news followed him around for a week watching what he was able to purchase with his EBT (food stamps) card.

He bought steak, lobster and shrimp.

He didn't want to work because he would rather surf 15 hours a day, and said why should he get a job when the government will give you money if you don't have a job.

realbrown1

I deliver to our local welfare office every day and it sickens me to see the able bodied waiting in line with their hands out.

Ironically it was slow last week as it was county fair week.
It's not irony, it's human nature.

The only ones at the welfare office during the fair where the ones that absolutely had to be there.

The other welfare recipients were at the fail.

And people who work, were at work.

Browntown2014

There is this surfer dude in California that the news followed him around for a week watching what he was able to purchase with his EBT (food stamps) card.

He bought steak, lobster and shrimp.

He didn't want to work because he would rather surf 15 hours a day, and said why should he get a job when the government will give you money if you don't have a job.

Jesus Christ dude sports team owners hold up their fans all the time for tax dollars to pay for their stadiums and you don't say jack. But god forbid some loser buys shrimp with their ebt card. Lol. You just don't get it dude.

upschuck

What we need is a program similar to what Connecticut offers. It is called work share. It is designed for folks who lost a higher paying job and pays the difference between what they were making and what they are making. Saves money for the state and makes the recipient "whole".
So if a CEO takes a job at McDonalds entry level, the state pays the difference?

I know this example is extreme, but shows the flaws in that program.

realbrown1

Jesus Christ dude sports team owners hold up their fans all the time for tax dollars to pay for their stadiums and you don't say jack. But god forbid some loser buys shrimp with their ebt card. Lol. You just don't get it dude.
I am against that too.

But that does not effect me because none of my paycheck goes to sports stadiums.

But some of my paycheck DOES go for lazy people to live off of us taxpayers.