Do they really want to fire all of us?

Have you been fired?

• Yes

Votes: 20 31.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 68.3%

• Total voters

RobbyD

Ive worked at ups for 20 years, currently am a package car driver. My experiences and the stories I've heard are unbelievable. Are not employees the biggest asset of a company? All the training and experience why are they so set on getting rid of all of us? I have 3 kids and a family and am considering changing jobs do to the appearance of instability at the driver job.

rod

Retired 22 years
I would bet at the minimum 80% of the drivers (guys and gals) I worked with were fired at one time in their career. One I know of was fired 3 times. I was once. Everyone but one got their job back. The one who didn't get it back never fought it--he was ready to quit anyway.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Ive worked at ups for 20 years, currently am a package car driver. My experiences and the stories I've heard are unbelievable. Are not employees the biggest asset of a company? All the training and experience why are they so set on getting rid of all of us? I have 3 kids and a family and am considering changing jobs do to the appearance of instability at the driver job.
Don't worry about stories you hear. Just show up on time, do your job, don't do management any favors, punch out go home and repeat.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You have 20 years in? You'd be an idiot to leave.

Dr.Brownz

Some managers see firing employees as improving the center by eliminating a bad employee. The thing is the center manager only has the BS numbers UPS created to go by so people get targeted sometimes when new managers come in to "fix" things at a bad center. This is where flying below the radar comes into play. But as long as you say you are doing your best, don't do anything dishonest and don't steal they can't touch you.