• Yes

Votes: 20 31.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 68.3%

• Total voters

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
if you want street gred at my hub you have to be fired or have a whole bunch of warning letters. no one will respect you otherwise, ha ha.

in my book room I framed all my warning letters and they are on the wall. it makes me laugh to look at them, family thinks I am nuts to keep them.

and anyway, why would you quit after 21 years? You are in the backstretch man. before you know it you will be collecting 4 grand a month ( or whatever it is ) for the REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!!

keep going.

*cred*

*library*

Hope that helps.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
if you want street gred at my hub you have to be fired or have a whole bunch of warning letters. no one will respect you otherwise, ha ha.

in my book room I framed all my warning letters and they are on the wall. it makes me laugh to look at them, family thinks I am nuts to keep them.

and anyway, why would you quit after 21 years? You are in the backstretch man. before you know it you will be collecting 4 grand a month ( or whatever it is ) for the REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!!

keep going.
I thought street cred was earned by sleeping with a pt supervisor ....either male or female...ymmv

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I thought street cred was earned by sleeping with a pt supervisor ....either male or female...ymmv
the break room was a great place to hang out and brag about the time you got fired or a warning letter. everyone tried to "one up" each other.

I sent my old boss a postcard from the Santa Cruz boardwalk last weekend, ha ha. should have sent it with postage due.

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
After 28 years, they are trying their best to get rid of me. Not meeting their numbers, missing too many days with doctor's notes. I wonder if it has anything to do with all of the grievances I file?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Your BA acted in a very unprofessional manner when he chose to "chew out" the center manager in front of the members. Our BA would be justifiably banned from our building if he chose to do this.

Wrong.... as usual.

Banned from the building ? Not even on a good day.

ARTICLE 24. INSPECTION PRIVILEGES

"Authorized agents of the Union shall have access to the Employer’s establishment during working hours for the purpose of adjusting disputes, investigating working conditions, collection of dues, and ascertaining that this Agreement is being adhered to, provided, however, that there is no interruption of the Employer’s working schedule.

The Employer agrees that in situations where a specific form of identification may be required by law to access a location, it will assist the Local Union in obtaining such identification so as to perform their duties consistent with this Article."

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

This has been hashed out before. The company.... always loses.

-Bug-

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wrong.... as usual.

Banned from the building ? Not even on a good day.

ARTICLE 24. INSPECTION PRIVILEGES

"Authorized agents of the Union shall have access to the Employer’s establishment during working hours for the purpose of adjusting disputes, investigating working conditions, collection of dues, and ascertaining that this Agreement is being adhered to, provided, however, that there is no interruption of the Employer’s working schedule.

The Employer agrees that in situations where a specific form of identification may be required by law to access a location, it will assist the Local Union in obtaining such identification so as to perform their duties consistent with this Article."

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

This has been hashed out before. The company.... always loses.

-Bug-

Did you bother reading the posts up to this point?

It is one thing for the BA and center manage to go at one another in the office.

It is quite another for the BA to chew out the center manager in front of a group of hourlies. It is unprofessional and more often than not can backfire.