Do upsers get a discount on shipping

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by wizard, Apr 1, 2007.

1. wizard

wizard Member

I need to have some wheels and tires shipped to me do we get a discount on shipping?? If so how?

2. Pip

Pip New Member

Unfortunately, I don't believe we do. I never have nor have I heard of anybody else receiving any kind of discount.

Personally, I have often wondered why, But I guess it would make a lot more headaches, then it was worth.

3. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

No, we don't get a discount. Customers are shocked when I tell them I have to pay the same rate they do. Seems like we would if we walked into a Customer Counter and showed our ID.

4. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Be glad we don't. Every friend, relative and neighbor would have you hauling stuff in every day.

5. Channahon

Channahon New Member

Check UPSers.com for some discounts offered by the UPS stores, generally around holidays

6. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

Only discount you get is by manipulating your package data(size weight, etc)
    Of course I wouldn't condone it, or suggest it. Definitely don't send a 50lb box of paper and say its a letter.

7. wizard

wizard Member

No discount for us now theres a big surprise

8. 30andout

30andout New Member

Discount? Heck I can't even get into our cust. counter during their hours, I'm on the road.

9. AznDiablo

AznDiablo Senior Member

a big N-O:mad:

10. MR_Vengeance

MR_Vengeance United Parcel Survivor

thats why i use DHL:laugh: :laugh:

11. faded jeans

faded jeans just a member

And your package won't be destroyed.

12. jlphotog

jlphotog Member

During my orientation I was told there is no discout for shipping for UPS employees, because... (are you ready for this?) they figure between the wages and benifits we are compensated well enough.

13. derf3733

derf3733 Member

You actually pay more than most of your customers to ship something. We actually pay the published rate, most customers that do any kind of volume get a discounted rate. How bad is that???

14. 30andout

30andout New Member

Duh, so take your stuff to one of them and have them ship it for you. Not trying to be mean but that's what I have to do, as our cust. counter is only open when I am out on route.

15. upsdude

upsdude Well-Known Member

I setup my own internet account. Type it, print the label, take it to work, leave it in the customer counter, done.