Don't Support Union Busting Hostess Twinkees !

Element Electronics has a new line of flat screens that are made in Detroit. Freight and fuel costs have gotten to the point where some manufacturing jobs are coming back from China, as it's cheaper to make it here than to make it and ship it from overseas.
Thank you for letting me know. I will check them out on my next T.V. purchase.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm sorry but it is hard to take serious any thread with "Hostess Twinkees" in the title ... it equates to "Honey Boo Boo".

Too bad the brand wasn't allowed to die.

I try to avoid watching any shows made in the US about an American family that has to use subtitles (or that features trailer trash).

I'm not a fan of Twinkees but I do like the chocolate covered cupcakes.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
How many of the "Don't support....." drive foreign cars? Or American brand car made outside of the states? How many buy clothing products made in other countries? How many buy made in America only products?

As much as I try to support the American made products, I will admit that I fail in this regard.

Just something to think about.

While still working as a split driver about 5-6 years ago, I once had a few bundles of temporary plastic fencing for a residential customer. It was shipped in plastic wrap with information on a manufacturers label inside the plastic.

I began to unload it and the customer came running out and said "wait, that may not be necessary". I was perplexed but let him go on. He studies the manufacturers label and says "I hate to do this to you, but I have to refuse these".

I tell him it's no big deal, I just needed to know the reason (IE, didn't order, canceled, etc.) and he tells me "it was made in China, we only buy American made products in this home". I didn't question him because I didn't want to insult him or give him the open door to essentially preach to the choir, but he was serious, and that stuck with me, and it always will.

I try to buy American whenever possible, but it's not as easy as it once was. Even the "domestic" Dodge Ram in my driveway has 20% parts content from either Canada or Mexico in it. Hell, I've owned a whole bunch of cars, and the only car I've ever driven that's 100% American is the 46 year old Pontiac in my garage.

kingOFchester

While still working as a split driver about 5-6 years ago, I once had a few bundles of temporary plastic fencing for a residential customer. It was shipped in plastic wrap with information on a manufacturers label inside the plastic.

I began to unload it and the customer came running out and said "wait, that may not be necessary". I was perplexed but let him go on. He studies the manufacturers label and says "I hate to do this to you, but I have to refuse these".

I tell him it's no big deal, I just needed to know the reason (IE, didn't order, canceled, etc.) and he tells me "it was made in China, we only buy American made products in this home". I didn't question him because I didn't want to insult him or give him the open door to essentially preach to the choir, but he was serious, and that stuck with me, and it always will.

I try to buy American whenever possible, but it's not as easy as it once was. Even the "domestic" Dodge Ram in my driveway has 20% parts content from either Canada or Mexico in it. Hell, I've owned a whole bunch of cars, and the only car I've ever driven that's 100% American is the 46 year old Pontiac in my garage.

Andi I agree. I just know a lot of us, including myself, do not put as much effort into buying American products as we should.

Nimnim

The Nim
Do you have a problem with people that choose or have to live in a trailer? Trailer trash??? Sorry, not everyone can earn our wages or choose to budget their lifestyle by living in a trailer.

Just saying.

I've known a few people who have lived in trailers here in Florida. Some you'd never guess it interacting with them, others it's blatantly obvious where the stereotype came from. I think we can agree that in terms of US TV entertainment they go for stereotypes for the entertainment value in the "reality tv" market. Even if they made a show with someone who seemed perfectly normal but lived in a trailer park I could almost guarantee the show will focus on how they're so much different from the stereotype they'll hunt out around them.

Nimnim

The Nim
When it comes to Twinkies, I put it on the same level as the McRib. It's good on rare occasion, but eat a few of them and it just really starts to taste bad.

quamba 638

Andi I agree. I just know a lot of us, including myself, do not put as much effort into buying American products as we should.

It's tough buying American products, because they're so hard to find. Even Craftsman and John Deere are made outside of America now. I have a couple Honda four-stroke outboards that I felt guilty buying.

quamba 638

On my vacation last month, we stopped by Mt. Rushmore. Inside the gift shop there was a Made in the USA corner/ wall. The clothes section had "printed in America" all over. So I assumed they were made in china, I looked and I was right. Made in china, printed in America.
Sad.

stink219

I'm sorry but it is hard to take serious any thread with "Hostess Twinkees" in the title ... it equates to "Honey Boo Boo".

Too bad the brand wasn't allowed to die.

I try to avoid watching any shows made in the US about an American family that has to use subtitles (or that features trailer trash).

I'm not a fan of Twinkees but I do like the chocolate covered cupcakes.
Who is making the yellow cake ones with the chocolate frost? Those are serious business!

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
back on shelves july 15th. they can rot on the shelves.

Are you kidding? This is one Union busting I can fully support! Let's make Twinkies the champion icon for Union busters & rabid Conservatives everywhere! I have more than a few friends I'll be buying a few boxes for & proudly giving to them to celebrate one more Union busting. Maybe Sean Hannity will adopt the Twinkie to counter Rush's Snapple.

Let them gorge their fat faces into a heart attack & we'll thin the herd.

P

pickup

We even adopt kids from other countries!!!! t

We do that increasingly more because in this day and age of birthparents finding their kids, it's a little harder for reunification when the birthmother is in a rice paddy somewhere in china. A lot easier when the birthmother can hop on a greyhound for a 4 hour trip.

A

anonymous6

i'm afraid more and more companies will use these union busting techniques. then it will turn out to a race to the bottom with wages. only thing stopping anyone will be the federal minimum wage.

there was an interesting article comparing successful union Costco and not so successful sam's Club. wish I could find it. people seem to forget that union usually means quality.