DQ'ed for consistantly poor performance

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
BB58, are you a pt steward in your building? I think you would be a nice asset to have as one.
Thank you, sir. No, I'm not a steward, but I've actually heard that a few times from guys I work with. I certainly have the smartazz mouth for it....unfortunately, that also comes with an intolerance to BS and a general disdain of management. To have to speak with sups more than I already have to....it's tough, I don't speak their language of :censored2:bag! ;)

By The Book

Thank you, sir. No, I'm not a steward, but I've actually heard that a few times from guys I work with. I certainly have the smartazz mouth for it....unfortunately, that also comes with an intolerance to BS and a general disdain of management. To have to speak with sups more than I already have to....it's tough, I don't speak their language of :censored2:bag! ;)
I came to that conclusion by your overall knowledge, and knowing what is bs, and I feel your ability to educate and have the members best interest come first.

UPSGUY72

the first 2 days i had a sup ride around with me before they sent me on my own. then maybe a week later i had a safety guy come with me. those few times yes they helped with finding the packages in the back and directions if i needed them. another time i had an ORIAN person come with me who was there to help me understand i had to run the route in order from what showed on the DIAD, but with her being there she helped a little too. and then a few random days i had the safty guy ride with me some more, most days i would pick him up somewhere and he'd ride with me for a few hours, but would help me so i could get done on time. that is why i did not want anyone riding with me anymore because it would take away from my learning experience. and when i had someone follow me it was only for an hour or 2 observing how i worked, and correcting me on things i did wrong.

i began driving Sat. air only a few weeks before they called me for cover driving, so i only done air for 7 days.

they scan the packages in my hub, but i work on the sort aisle and do irregs, so i never had to pay attention to the HIN#. if you ask any of the workers on preload in my area i can almost guarantee they don't know what a HIN# is. when we sort packages it's by color, each PD has a color and that is how we know where to sort them to.

I wish you better luck next year.

From what you say above you had people on the car helping you in some way more than half of the 17 days you drove (that isn't normal) and you still couldn't improve on the numbers.

As I said before this job isn't for everyone no matter how bad you want to drive some people just don't have what it takes to do the job. I know some of those people that management let slip by. They are the same people that need help everyday. When you go to help them later in the day it looks like a bomb went off in the back of there package car there pick-up pieces are mixed in with there delivery pieces all over the car nothing is sorted and when you tell them a little organization goes a long way they giggle at you like a child. Then you have to take it upon yourself to go through there car and find the packages that your going to take because it's faster and less painful then watching them try to find the packages....

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Sometimes....and sometimes I'd like to slap some of them in the head....lol
1376441032.gif
That's the only slapping you like I heard, just saying lmfao.

margaritaville

I didnt read all the post but try to do air driver first if you arent a quick learner and gonna keep getting Dq'd. I once once the worst air driver and now i can do more ground routes than a lot of the ground drivers. Had the speed, just took longer to get the other methods down.