DQ'ed for consistantly poor performance

barnyard

KTM rider
I found that after I started FT, I was able to cut the amount of time it took me to run a regular Saturday route to about half the time.

You might think you are hustling, I know that I did, but it is a whole different thing when you are doing it FT.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
They don't send people out to follow you around to see if your doing the job correctly unless you give them a reason and if they send someone out they looking for safety issues as these days they can OJS you from there office or any computer.

He might not be talking about being observed like we're used to but rather as part of the initial training. When I first started driving, on my 3rd on-car training day of my first training route, rather than spend the whole day with me the on-car hopped off for the last hour of the day and just drove in his car behind my truck so I got the feel of being on my own but had him right there if I got got stuck with the diad or needed him for something.

mikeny

Service Provider
Dude your story isn't adding up. There is something more going on here than your telling us.

You had someone you say a SUP and or another driver driving around for for at least 5 of the 17 days you drove before you got DQ'ed apparently they where doing the sorting and find the next stop so you could do the part of the job that you already had down pat ??? Doesn't make a sense...

They don't send people out to follow you around to see if your doing the job correctly unless you give them a reason and if they send someone out they looking for safety issues as these days they can OJS you from there office or any computer.

So your telling us you have less then 17 days of driving Sat Air ????

Also they have to scan the packages when they reach your building in order to get the information into the DIAD when they scan then they are given a Hin #. I guess in your building they don't scan them and you have to input all the information into the DIAD yourself after you make sure that the packages got onto the right car so you don't have any misloads or waste time going into a area another drive has already been in.

the first 2 days i had a sup ride around with me before they sent me on my own. then maybe a week later i had a safety guy come with me. those few times yes they helped with finding the packages in the back and directions if i needed them. another time i had an ORIAN person come with me who was there to help me understand i had to run the route in order from what showed on the DIAD, but with her being there she helped a little too. and then a few random days i had the safty guy ride with me some more, most days i would pick him up somewhere and he'd ride with me for a few hours, but would help me so i could get done on time. that is why i did not want anyone riding with me anymore because it would take away from my learning experience. and when i had someone follow me it was only for an hour or 2 observing how i worked, and correcting me on things i did wrong.

i began driving Sat. air only a few weeks before they called me for cover driving, so i only done air for 7 days.

they scan the packages in my hub, but i work on the sort aisle and do irregs, so i never had to pay attention to the HIN#. if you ask any of the workers on preload in my area i can almost guarantee they don't know what a HIN# is. when we sort packages it's by color, each PD has a color and that is how we know where to sort them to.