DR shipper release

Grey

If it's not a SR or Sig Required but when you scan and Big Arrow Down it says leave at the FD or Porch or whatever. Are you clear if something happens to it?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
If it's not a SR or Sig Required but when you scan and Big Arrow Down it says leave at the FD or Porch or whatever. Are you clear if something happens to it?
Yes but you still have to follow proper release procedures. The alert is just to tell you where the customer wants the pkg placed.

Man Of Brown

I've had some envelopes lately that say on them: "Attention Driver: Shipper Release" just like other Shipper Release packages but after scanning the diad doesn't say its Shipper Release. So do you hit rel num and dr or just dr it?

Grey

Can you somehow tell in your DIAD that it's a Shipper Release pckg before you scan it. Like how Sig Required pckg's have an upper-case R symbol in your EDD...

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I've had some envelopes lately that say on them: "Attention Driver: Shipper Release" just like other Shipper Release packages but after scanning the diad doesn't say its Shipper Release. So do you hit rel num and dr or just dr it?

Just DR it.

Can you somehow tell in your DIAD that it's a Shipper Release pckg before you scan it. Like how Sig Required pckg's have an upper-case R symbol in your EDD...

Seldom but sometimes there is an "N" that will take you to notes and it may say something about shipper release.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

apple phone other day... release form said to leave it at front door......... Ok, $800 phone, left at front door...

The e-releases are filled out by the consignee who are generally unaware of our driver release procedures. If you feel that the requested location is insecure you can choose a more suitable place to leave the phone. If there is none you DO NOT have to leave the package.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I shipper released an envelope to a locked apartment building. No answer from ringing the bell so left it under the apartment's mailboxes. Came back from vacation and saw that this envelope was still sitting under the mailbox. Shrugged my shoulders and went on. A week later, It was gone. 2 weeks later, I get a driver followup that says consignee can't find the envelope. It was the TITLE for a motor vehicle (FN morons). I had to refuse the driver followup 4 times because they kept on handing it to me in the morning. I told them I WILL NOT DRIVER FOLLOWUP A SHIPPER RELEASE PACKAGE.

Not sure why the call center could not realize that 1) the barcode was a shipper release and 2) if someone ships a title shipper release, they deserve what comes to them.

Ms.PacMan

Believe it or not we have lost businesses because we are not leaving driver release packages at closed businesses and driver discretion. Leave it and move on to the next stop.

I believe that because the money a shipper saves on shipping charges is probably significant and outweighs having to replace the occasional item that goes missing.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Corporate has been real clear on this issue. We were told shipper release/sure post are never to be brought back as send agains. That's pretty clear from the higher ups.

wayfair

swollen member
The e-releases are filled out by the consignee who are generally unaware of our driver release procedures. If you feel that the requested location is insecure you can choose a more suitable place to leave the phone. If there is none you DO NOT have to leave the package.

and risk getting a concern over me not leaving the package that they requested be left...

sorry, front door it is