Drive by....picture taking? What

SCV good to go sir.

When I first started training as a driver, getting a complaint about my driving was something that really bothered me. My sup sat me down and said, "You pretend you're me, I'll be you, I just walked in and you just got a complaint about my driving. What two questions are you going to ask me?"
"Uhhh, did you cause an accident?"
"Nope."
"... ... ... Did you make service?"
"Yep. <end of roleplay> And that's all we care about. Because when they call in and say that you cut them off, we ask them if they cut anyone off and we all know the answer to that is yes."

Unfortunately, that guy is no longer my supervisor. Lord knows how my current management would handle a driving complaint.

And to add to brownmonster's and jumpman23's comments, I always felt that people that called into complaint are the biggest :censored2:ing pusillanimous in the world. How pathetic do you have to be to "tattletale" on someone who made you upset instead of accepting the fact that :censored2: happens, like an adult. Oh sorry princess.

PT Car Washer

When I first started training as a driver, getting a complaint about my driving was something that really bothered me. My sup sat me down and said, "You pretend you're me, I'll be you, I just walked in and you just got a complaint about my driving. What two questions are you going to ask me?"
"Uhhh, did you cause an accident?"
"Nope."
"... ... ... Did you make service?"
"Yep. <end of roleplay> And that's all we care about. Because when they call in and say that you cut them off, we ask them if they cut anyone off and we all know the answer to that is yes."

Unfortunately, that guy is no longer my supervisor. Lord knows how my current management would handle a driving complaint.

And to add to brownmonster's and jumpman23's comments, I always felt that people that called into complaint are the biggest :censored2:ing :censored2: in the world. How pathetic do you have to be to "tattletale" on someone who made you upset instead of accepting the fact that :censored2: happens, like an adult. Oh sorry princess.
I agree completely with what you are saying except for the few road rage wackos out there. I have had drivers pull in front of my truck to make me stop and go ballistic on me for nothing. Then call in a complaint and I have to answer to LP on what happened. Can't believe what drivers in large cities go through everyday.

BUCN85

The OP is a newer driver who just recently got his seniority so, yeah, it could be a big deal for him.
Well I would agree if there was an incident where I remember blatantly cutting somebody off or doing something unsafe and somebody screamed or laid on their horn. But in this case it was a normal day until this guy comes strolling by at my 2nd to last stop. He didn't even make any comments before he took off. That is why this is so random and strange to me

MaceFremonti

I agree completely with what you are saying except for the few road rage wackos out there. I have had drivers pull in front of my truck to make me stop and go ballistic on me for nothing. Then call in a complaint and I have to answer to LP on what happened. Can't believe what drivers in large cities go through everyday.

Downtown Washington D.C. for 20+ years...this was one of the funnier incidents...

D.C. has a number of short, one way, single lane streets that are residential. Mine were driver release so I would just put my flashers on, stop, d.r., and be on my way. 90% of people, when seeing a UPS, or trash truck, or any delivery guy parked on one of these type of streets would stop and not go down the street.

So on this particular day I had three huge Pottery Barn furniture boxes. I decide to get rid of them first thing. I call the customer, a twenty something intern who I look forward to seeing everyday, and tell her what she has and that I'll be there at 9:30.

I roll up, flashers on, open the back door, and get to work. I then notice a black BMW w/D.C. tags waiting to turn down the street. It sits there for a few seconds, the driver looking at me. Instead of going half a block north and going down the next cross street, he turns down the street I am blocking and starts just LAYING on the horn!

"Great! Here we go.", I think as hottie and I maneuver the first Pottery Barn irreg into her row house.

"What an :censored2:!", she says.

As we come back out of her rowhouse, the driver is parked right on my rear bumper still laying on the horn. There is no room to get the other two pottery barn boxes out of the packagr car.

"WHY ARE YOU BLOCKING THE STREET? YOU CAN'T BLOCK THE STREET!"

"He's delivering my furniture...obviously.", hottie says.

"YOU NEED TO MOVE NOOOOWWWW!"

"Sir, if you back up so that we can get the other two boxes out I will be happy to move."

HONK, HONK, HOOOOONK.

"I'M NOT BACKING UP!", he screams as he opens his door and gets out.

"MOVE THIS BROWN PIECE OF :censored2:!"

By this time a few people have come outside to see who the idiot is laying on their horn at 9:30 in the morning.

"You saw me parked here, with my flashers on, yet you turned down the street anyway. I'm sorry but you will have to wait all of maybe three minutes more as soon as you back up so that we can move those two boxes inside."

"I SAID YOU MOOOOOVVVVEEEE!", he screams. He runs over to the side of my package car and starts beating and kicking the side of it.

"This dude has lost it.", I think.

Just then, hottie's neighbor, one of D.C.'s finest, steps out of his rowhouse in full uniform. He walks past hottie and I, gives us a quick nod and taps the lunatic on his shoulder.

"Don't :censored2:ing touch MEE-", he starts to yell as he turns around.

"I suggest you get back in your car, shut your mouth, and wait for my friend here to finish his job."

"But he's blocking the street. I can't wait. I have a meeting to be at."

"Well then you should have taken S street instead of trying to bypass the light by going down MY street. I like MY street quiet. Right now someone is disturbing the peace on MY street and it's not Rachel and it's not the UPS man. Do you understand?"

"Fine.", lunatic says as he kicks my package car one last time. My ol' trusty 1989 800 series didn't even show a mark.

He gets back in his car and closes the door, talking to himself the entire time. He backs up enough to give us the room we need.

"Make it quick UPS, you know how everyone likes to try to avoid the light up there during rush hour."

"You got it. Thanks."

"I have a few things coming tomorrow. Leave them in the usually spot for me."

"No problem."

The officer gives Lunatic one last look then goes back inside his house.

Rachel and I move the other two boxes inside.

"Thanks!", she says. "I should have one more set coming on Friday. Call me and I'll meet you again like today!"

"OK. I'll see ya."

"Bye!", she smiles.

I hop back in my package car and S L O W L Y make my way down the street. I make a right turn at the end of the street and I hear a nice loud ":censored2: You!", as I see in my mirrors the Lunatic giving me the finger.

Delivery.....oh how I miss thee.

box_beeyotch

Downtown Washington D.C. for 20+ years...this was one of the funnier incidents...

D.C. has a number of short, one way, single lane streets that are residential. Mine were driver release so I would just put my flashers on, stop, d.r., and be on my way. 90% of people, when seeing a UPS, or trash truck, or any delivery guy parked on one of these type of streets would stop and not go down the street.

So on this particular day I had three huge Pottery Barn furniture boxes. I decide to get rid of them first thing. I call the customer, a twenty something intern who I look forward to seeing everyday, and tell her what she has and that I'll be there at 9:30.

I roll up, flashers on, open the back door, and get to work. I then notice a black BMW w/D.C. tags waiting to turn down the street. It sits there for a few seconds, the driver looking at me. Instead of going half a block north and going down the next cross street, he turns down the street I am blocking and starts just LAYING on the horn!

"Great! Here we go.", I think as hottie and I maneuver the first Pottery Barn irreg into her row house.

"What an :censored2:!", she says.

As we come back out of her rowhouse, the driver is parked right on my rear bumper still laying on the horn. There is no room to get the other two pottery barn boxes out of the packagr car.

"WHY ARE YOU BLOCKING THE STREET? YOU CAN'T BLOCK THE STREET!"

"He's delivering my furniture...obviously.", hottie says.

"YOU NEED TO MOVE NOOOOWWWW!"

"Sir, if you back up so that we can get the other two boxes out I will be happy to move."

HONK, HONK, HOOOOONK.

"I'M NOT BACKING UP!", he screams as he opens his door and gets out.

"MOVE THIS BROWN PIECE OF :censored2:!"

By this time a few people have come outside to see who the idiot is laying on their horn at 9:30 in the morning.

"You saw me parked here, with my flashers on, yet you turned down the street anyway. I'm sorry but you will have to wait all of maybe three minutes more as soon as you back up so that we can move those two boxes inside."

"I SAID YOU MOOOOOVVVVEEEE!", he screams. He runs over to the side of my package car and starts beating and kicking the side of it.

"This dude has lost it.", I think.

Just then, hottie's neighbor, one of D.C.'s finest, steps out of his rowhouse in full uniform. He walks past hottie and I, gives us a quick nod and taps the lunatic on his shoulder.

"Don't :censored2:ing touch MEE-", he starts to yell as he turns around.

"I suggest you get back in your car, shut your mouth, and wait for my friend here to finish his job."

"But he's blocking the street. I can't wait. I have a meeting to be at."

"Well then you should have taken S street instead of trying to bypass the light by going down MY street. I like MY street quiet. Right now someone is disturbing the peace on MY street and it's not Rachel and it's not the UPS man. Do you understand?"

"Fine.", lunatic says as he kicks my package car one last time. My ol' trusty 1989 800 series didn't even show a mark.

He gets back in his car and closes the door, talking to himself the entire time. He backs up enough to give us the room we need.

"Make it quick UPS, you know how everyone likes to try to avoid the light up there during rush hour."

"You got it. Thanks."

"I have a few things coming tomorrow. Leave them in the usually spot for me."

"No problem."

The officer gives Lunatic one last look then goes back inside his house.

Rachel and I move the other two boxes inside.

"Thanks!", she says. "I should have one more set coming on Friday. Call me and I'll meet you again like today!"

"OK. I'll see ya."

"Bye!", she smiles.

I hop back in my package car and S L O W L Y make my way down the street. I make a right turn at the end of the street and I hear a nice loud ":censored2: You!", as I see in my mirrors the Lunatic giving me the finger.

Delivery.....oh how I miss thee.

Hilarious!!!!

BUCN85

Well went in today. Told sup about it. He chuckled and said. Yeah some guy called last night saying u ran a stop sign or red light( which I most certainly did not ). And he almost hit me. Which never happened. Sup said. Just be careful. That was that Some people are ridiculous

Bottom rung

I'm sure they looked. But he didn't do anything wrong so they let it go. If they could have caught him on it. They'd have began progressive discipline. We were told that all driving concerns were looked at by management.