Driver forged my signature, is it worth the effort to pursue?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Hi guys, I am pretty sure this just happened again. The re-delivery from Amazon came this afternoon. It required signature and ID. The driver did take the elevator and come up. He handed me the package, and left without saying anything. He didn't ask me for my ID or even ask me to sign anything. Then the tracking information turned into delivered to residential, and signed by my last name. I am definitely going to pursue this now.
lelecoupon,

You will be doing UPS and the Teamsters Union a favor in seeking the truth.

Being a UPSer and a Teamster stands for something. It stands for being the best in the business.

If we have some amongst us that don't want to do their jobs the right way they need to be corrected to change or get out.

My hope is for change but if not, then they need to leave.

Sincerely,
I

kingOFchester

We don't need the whole tracking number--just the service level. (9th and 10th digits)

I know. That is why I said "the tracking numbers that upstate asked for" You had previously asked for the 9th and 10th digits. I know it may not have been perfectly clear, but should of been clear enough.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Amazon may not have e sig, but there is a consignee I have that it is in the board to leave sig on file. Locked apt bldg, no key for access, no bell to ring. I guess I am suppose to throw pebbles at the correct window.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Amazon may not have e sig, but there is a consignee I have that it is in the board to leave sig on file. Locked apt bldg, no key for access, no bell to ring. I guess I am suppose to throw pebbles at the correct window.

Warm up that arm.

I can't imagine many eleven floor apartment buildings which allow free access to all floors in Chicago.

opie

I have a question. I do Saturday Air, and a town which I never delivered to was mostly Hasidic jews. Saturday is the sabbath for them, so no cars or electronics. So they can not sign for a package. What do you do? I didn't encounter anyone who refused to sign, as most of my stops were driver released. But when I got back, I was talking to a co-worker, and he was saying that I can sign for a package if the customer asks me, and gives me permission to. Since it's Saturday Air it usually is a very important package, could be medicine etc...if I do sign, would I just put my name in the signed by section?

barnyard

KTM rider
he was saying that I can sign for a package if the customer asks me, and gives me permission to. Since it's Saturday Air it usually is a very important package, could be medicine etc...if I do sign, would I just put my name in the signed by section?

In that instance, I sign my name and in the 'remarks' I add: per cnee request.

Then I get their name and write it on a delivery notice, I also put the date and address and scan it with that stop. When I get back to the center, I have the OMS add it to my file. OMS does not usually work on Sat, so I save it till Monday. That way I CMA in case there is a dispute, concern or other follow up.

Since you deliver to an area with a large population of Sat non signers, ask a supe what to do. No point in reinventing the wheel. There is undoubtedly a best local practice. Find out what it is and do that.

PT Car Washer

I have a question. I do Saturday Air, and a town which I never delivered to was mostly Hasidic jews. Saturday is the sabbath for them, so no cars or electronics. So they can not sign for a package. What do you do? I didn't encounter anyone who refused to sign, as most of my stops were driver released. But when I got back, I was talking to a co-worker, and he was saying that I can sign for a package if the customer asks me, and gives me permission to. Since it's Saturday Air it usually is a very important package, could be medicine etc...if I do sign, would I just put my name in the signed by section?

Why not just DR the stop unless it is Sig Req and then NI 1. I understand the medicine thing but how do you know what it is.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why not just DR the stop unless it is Sig Req and then NI 1. I understand the medicine thing but how do you know what it is.

Consignees pay a premium of $10/package for Saturday Air service---I would think we should do all that we can to deliver them, especially if the consignee is standing right in front of us.

S

serenity now

in regard to the question by opie * i agree with barnyard * because this is a unique situation i would find out what mgmt. considers to be the correct procedure and then follow that to the letter

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I have a blind lady on my route who gets packages that contain periodicals converted to brail.
She lives in an apartment and obviously isn't able to sign.
I sign my name and enter "cons blind" in the remarks column.
Not sure if this the prescribed method, but have no fear of reprisal from the company.
I would relish the days off under these circumstances as I have employment insurance and would most certainly be paid.

10veleze

I was a cover driver on Christmas and one time I had a person who printed out a form from the Apple store and tape it to the door, "allowing me" to driver release a signature required package, but still need the signature!. Called a friend and asked, got the word to don't do that, if the person is not there is not there.... wait and get the signature.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was a cover driver on Christmas and one time I had a person who printed out a form from the Apple store and tape it to the door, "allowing me" to driver release a signature required package, but still need the signature!. Called a friend and asked, got the word to don't do that, if the person is not there is not there.... wait and get the signature.

The form from Apple is a Electronic Delivery Notice. The consignee signed for the package online. You compare the 1z on the EDN to the one on the package and if they match you can then DR the package. Turn the EDN in with the rest of your paperwork during the PM check-in.