Drivers all across the land, Managers just don't understand....

Last Thursday 8:30 a.m.- Manager- "Are you bumping in to Preload and Local sort all next week?"
Me "Yeah, I can do that. Want to get my hours in."
Today 9:04 a.m.- Me "Sorry, got to watch my kids tonight, my wife has a church thing going on that I forgot about."
Manager "You committed to working tonight, so you have to come in."
Me "Just put me in for a sick day."
Manager "You worked Preload so I can't put you in for a sick day for Local Sort. And I don't have anyone to fill in."
Me "Are you serious?! I'm giving you 7 1/2 hour notice that I'm unable to work the shift. You can't find anyone...how about the guy I bumped?"
Manager "If your not here at 4:30, I'm sending you a letter for undependability (sp).
Oh, how I love U.P.S.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
so you tell him you can work all week, then go back on what you said because "you forgot", over an event that is not an emergency? (lol church? people still go to that?)

i'm sure all the bitter hourlies will board the rage train with you, but you screwed the guy pure and simple, and you deserve the letter

also: call out friday night over something you forgot? seems totally legit brah

cool-story-bro.jpg
cool-story-bro.jpg

You know what's a cool story brah? Is that I'm completely in my right. I contacted my Sup prior to an hour before the shift. The letter you claim I deserve will be tossed if I receive it because I already informed my steward and union rep. and they informed me that I did what I was supposed to do and it is a managerial failure to not have on call employees at hand in case of an incident such as mine. Also, the Manager had the oppertunity to contacted 2 other drivers who are also on layoff and they weren't asked to work until 4:15 p.m (one of which stated that he would have worked if given enough warning so he could set up day care for his child). The claim that the manager didn't have anybody to fill the position is completely false. So, until you know the actual union rules or unless you have something useful to say there sunshine, keep the pics from your fantasy meat spanking book to yourself brah, because it just make you seem unintelligent and pathetic.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
so you tell him you can work all week, then go back on what you said because "you forgot", over an event that is not an emergency? (lol church? people still go to that?)

i'm sure all the bitter hourlies will board the rage train with you, but you screwed the guy pure and simple, and you deserve the letter

also: call out friday night over something you forgot? seems totally legit brah

View attachment 8342

I somewhat almost halfway agree. Man that was hard. Ill go throw up now.

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
Mondays and Fridays...biggest call in days of every week. You are playing with fire when you call in on a Friday.....you must be aware of this. How can you be surprised when your supervisor is pissed off that you conveniently called out after you already worked one shift (can't put you in for a sick day when you already worked that day....think about it) and told him you would be there earlier in the week. I also find it hard to believe that you didn't 'remember' until the day of her 'church thing'.

You straight up stuck it to him. It seems you had a pretty nonchalant attitude when you called in....maybe being a little more apologetic would have helped your cause. You can't call in with a mind-set of "don't care, it's your problem" and be expecting to be worked with.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
You know what's a cool story brah? Is that I'm completely in my right. I contacted my Sup prior to an hour before the shift. The letter you claim I deserve will be tossed if I receive it because I already informed my steward and union rep. and they informed me that I did what I was supposed to do and it is a managerial failure to not have on call employees at hand in case of an incident such as mine. Also, the Manager had the oppertunity to contacted 2 other drivers who are also on layoff and they weren't asked to work until 4:15 p.m (one of which stated that he would have worked if given enough warning so he could set up day care for his child). The claim that the manager didn't have anybody to fill the position is completely false. So, until you know the actual union rules or unless you have something useful to say there sunshine, keep the pics from your fantasy meat spanking book to yourself brah, because it just make you seem unintelligent and pathetic.

"blah blah blah, i screwed the guy, but i did it by the book so my original post making him seem wrong is still totally legit"

132195810076-alan_you_seem_upset.jpg
132195810076-alan_you_seem_upset.jpg

BCFan

Question: What is the difference between warning letters and a roll of Toilet paper? Just wondering. BC

rudy5150

I dont agree with full timers bumping into preload anyways. When you go full time you know your arent allowed to come back to belt as part time to work again. So u screwed over the teamster u bumped and supervisor. Great job man. Why dont just collect your unemployment for a week or 2.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I dont agree with full timers bumping into preload anyways. When you go full time you know your arent allowed to come back to belt as part time to work again. So u screwed over the teamster u bumped and supervisor. Great job man. Why dont just collect your unemployment for a week or 2.

Y
ou most certainly are allowed to double shift to get your hours if laid off. Sorry full time seniority carries more weight than part time. AS IT SHOULD!!!

kingOFchester

There is a difference between exercising contractual rights and exercising moral integrity.

Yes, you are probably within in the contract and any letter from management will be tossed.

Yes, you probably showed little moral character by bumping a union brother and then calling out, putting unnecessary strain on the operation, just because "you forgot" about a church "thing" your wife planned on attending. I understand how we get unnecessary strain from the powers that be, but that doesn’t make it right in my book to screw a brother.

I say, Man up and fulfill the work responsibilities that you committed to when you exercised your right to bump a part timer for your benefit.

I do not have a problem with you bumping. I do not have a problem had you called out after bumping because you were to sick to work. But for a "church thing"??? If a church thing is reason enough to call out then you probably should not of bumped in.

Leftinbuilding

I am always amazed at employees who "put it to" their employer, then seem to think it entitles them to membership in some exclusive club. And they have to let the world know of their "accomplishment". "Look at me guys, I can stick it to my bosses too." Immaturity, I guess.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I am always amazed at employees who "put it to" their employer, then seem to think it entitles them to membership in some exclusive club. And they have to let the world know of their "accomplishment". "Look at me guys, I can stick it to my bosses too." Immaturity, I guess.

And then complain that you can't get any favors or respect from said employer.

It is what it is if you can't be there someone will fill in. We are all expendable and not really needed. Once you understand it and as long as you don't have an attendance problem who cares. Quit being so hard on the guy.