Driver's Helper

Erectionist

As a PT loader that's also wanting to become a seasonal driver's helper, would I be able to pick a specific driver? Also, I've heard that the driver and I agree on a pick up location, does that mean the driver will drop me off at the same location? Lastly, would it be possible for the driver to drop me off at my house which is near their route?

8000Shelf

It's peak dude. Be prepared for anything.

You will most likely be paired with the driver you ask for since your from the inside. BUT that driver

will have to know you and respect your work ethic. The diver will also have to have a decent

relationship with mgmt for them to honor the request.

As for drop off points/pick up points/at your home, it's up to the driver you get but don't count on

it slugger.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
As a PT loader that's also wanting to become a seasonal driver's helper, would I be able to pick a specific driver? Also, I've heard that the driver and I agree on a pick up location, does that mean the driver will drop me off at the same location? Lastly, would it be possible for the driver to drop me off at my house which is near their route?
With a screen name such as yours, are you seeking a gay driver?

DriverMD

Its tough doing both shifts. I did it two years ago and lost 25 pounds. On a strict diet of General tsos chicken and monster energy. I busted my rear and worked as quick as possible, it was nice knowing that not many people could do what I was doing. The week of christmas will be the worst week of your life if you run the two shifts.

HardknocksUPSer

Just be mentally prepared and have a good pair of comfortable shoes, I lost 50lbs last peak, averaged 55-60hrs a week and made pretty decent wage for a part timer, I used peak to stock my bank account, really helps to have something to fall back on throughout the remainder of the year, goodluck. BTW I worked with one driver a good friend of mine every day throughout peak and we made our own schedule, he helped me maximize my hours and I helped him get home before 9pm WIN WIN

Cementups

Box Monkey

Usually if there are requests, the driver request the helper, not the other way around.

AllOnTheHorses

It works REALLY well if you connect with your home area driver. FIND HIM (or her) NOW! It is easy for them and easy for you. When I did Christmas Helper, I was picked up from home and dropped off at home. Easy.
But yes, Christmas eve.. walking into my house, I felt shell-shocked.

Erectionist

Just be mentally prepared and have a good pair of comfortable shoes, I lost 50lbs last peak, averaged 55-60hrs a week and made pretty decent wage for a part timer, I used peak to stock my bank account, really helps to have something to fall back on throughout the remainder of the year, goodluck. BTW I worked with one driver a good friend of mine every day throughout peak and we made our own schedule, he helped me maximize my hours and I helped him get home before 9pm WIN WIN
I'm aiming to work 70-80 hours a week, I know it's going to be hell but it'll be worth it in the end. Also, I've got some weight that needs to be lost.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
We were usually assigned a helper, but later on we had some say in the matter. On the other hand, The driver had the ability to kick the helper to the curb if they wouldn't work, afraid to get wet in the rain, etc.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
If you can find the driver for the area in which you live. It may work out. Or, you can meet in town. Make sure to find out early, who that driver may be. He may have his by now. We had a driver who picked up and dropped off his helper for 5 yrs. He retired last yr. That helper hasn't signed back up as of yet. Work as many hours when you can. The longer you work here. The less you want to do it