Drug Testing in Louisville KY

daniellephers.

My friend and I have applied for night sort package handler positions in Louisville. We have heard lately that UPS now tests everyone, including package handlers. One said that only day sort new hires are being tested and that night sort new hires are not. Does anyone know FOR SURE [100%] if any of this is reliable?

PLEASE HELP!!!

Last edited:

over9five

Staff member
My friend and I have applied for night sort package handler positions in Louisville. We have heard lately that UPS now tests everyone, including package handlers. One said that only day sort new hires are being tested and that night sort new hires are not. Does anyone know FOR SURE [100%] if any of this is reliable?

PLEASE HELP!!!

I cannot answer your question 100%, but I've never heard of inside employees being drug tested. I think 1) This would be hugely expensive, and 2) no offense to inside people, but due to their young age, I'm sure 95% of them do drugs. It's already hard to staff the building, this would make it near impossible!

LiL"Comet"

As far as I know there's only drug-testing on Feeder drvrs because of DOT regulations p/t do not get drug tested. That's how it works were I am not sure if would be different were you are. Better listen to Mr. Mackie though "Don't Do Drugs Kidz, Drugz are baaad".:peaceful:

old levi's

blank space

PLEASE HELP!!!

Why are you worried? :detective

drewed

Shankman
I cannot answer your question 100%, but I've never heard of inside employees being drug tested. I think 1) ,This would be hugely expensive and 2) no offense to inside people, but due to their young age, I'm sure 95% of them do drugs. It's already hard to staff the building, this would make it near impossible!

When they ratified the contract last year, i heard theyd be doing them on all the new hires.....i never heard anything after that

youd be surprised how cheaply it would be to drug test all 400,000+ employees... UPS probably could get it done for 10-15 dollars a copy so 4-6 million, granted it would probably be 10 after they fired all the people that failed and weeded out all the prospective hires after they failed

BigBrownSanta

I see an entrepreneurial opportunity here.

If anyone is in fear of being drug tested, PM me, and I will supply a product for a small fee that will pass.

If the drug usage is that rampant at UPS, I should be able to retire this year.

:happy-very:

tieguy

Banned

PLEASE HELP!!!

I tested some drugs when I first started working here. :happy-very:

Louky is the big air hub. Federal government sets the requirements and is constantly making changes. If they are not testing now they will be soon.
if your friend has a problem with drugs then the airport is not a good place to work.

rod

Retired 22 years

PLEASE HELP!!!

Signed-----------------Cheech & Chong:peaceful: P.S. If you are worried about drug tests you shouldn't use yor real name as a handle:wink2:

R

RAMP

You know i work for the ramp on the airport with the planes and i smoke pot every single night after work ( i work twilight ) and they still haven't drug tested me so i think you have nothing to worry about... and for the people who say don't do drugs and stuff....just let us be if we wanna do it then we will do it... it is our lives and i can do what i want with it... and i never ever show up high to work..

over9five

Staff member
I agree with Ramp on this one. Pot smoking should be the same as drinking. Do all you want on your own time, but don't drive or show up for work under the influence.

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
I agree with Ramp on this one. Pot smoking should be the same as drinking. Do all you want on your own time, but don't drive or show up for work under the influence.

Sorry,have to disagree with you.When your child or any relatives get killed in a car crash by some 1 who has been only smoking pot on their time then I guess you can say it is ok.

over9five

Staff member
Sorry,have to disagree with you.When your child or any relatives get killed in a car crash by some 1 who has been only smoking pot on their time then I guess you can say it is ok.

I clearly said not to drive impaired.

And I'm sure many more people get killed by drunk drivers than by pot smoking drivers.

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
I enjoy your posts and comments/replys and I don't think I have ever replied to any of them but this post regarding pot smoking hit a nerve.It is not as innocent as drinking so I wish all would not treat it as such.Thank you.