drug testing policy

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have a feeling someone will be missing some volume. When I was a cop, DUI was automatic impoundment of vehicle. Boy that would suck if Kentucky does the same...not!

In this case wouldn't that mean impoundment of the tractor only? Wouldn't UPS be able to bring another tractor and pull the trailer to the center for processing?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
In this case wouldn't that mean impoundment of the tractor only? Wouldn't UPS be able to bring another tractor and pull the trailer to the center for processing?

Yes and no. In this particular instance, the driver went off the road and was in a wreck, so both would be impounded (to clear the roadway and keep the trailer secured from theft and to prevent further crashes) This is also true if the driver caused any injuries and then the equipment would also be impounded to allow commercial motor vehicle inspectors to determine causation of crash and assign liability.

In a normal DUI arrest, just the tractor would be impounded simply because there is just not enough storage space to hold all the trailers until a company could send another tractor, and ultimately the real goal is to prevent the impaired driver from returning to the scene (if they are released) and getting back behind the wheel. Most of the time the officers will remain on scene for a reasonable time to allow the trucking company to make arrangements to retrieve / secure the trailer but if they cannot get the trailer, it will sit off the road in a lot somewhere.

tiredofbrown123

well i just figured they would test you. i heard sc does anyway. maybe not ups but from what i hear if you get hurt on any job and apply for workmans comp then you are drug tested. seems like the right thing to do. but no, i dont have any contract language.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
This is so very simple.

Don't ever do drugs and you never have to sweat anything.

They could drug test me every day and I would have no problem with it, as long as I was on the clock while doing it.

And then it may take a while for me to have to go pee.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

well i just figured they would test you. i heard sc does anyway. maybe not ups but from what i hear if you get hurt on any job and apply for workmans comp then you are drug tested. seems like the right thing to do. but no, i dont have any contract language.

The only way you would get tested is if your behavior was suspicious prior to the injury.

seems as if they would if you were involved in a wreck also, but maybe they dont. idk

This is a good possibility.

tiredofbrown123

This is so very simple.

Don't ever do drugs and you never have to sweat anything.

They could drug test me every day and I would have no problem with it, as long as I was on the clock while doing it.

And then it may take a while for me to have to go pee.
right, well i dont do any. just giving my thoughts.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
They test him without cause and get a false positive; then he has to fight that accusation

Maybe you should think more Instead of just being a self righteous wanker
I am assuming this person gave them cause.

In almost 30 years at ups I have seen only 1 person dragged to a drug test.

If you are going to do drugs, you get no sympathy from me.

dewey8

art.35 in the Masters... new policy states if managers feel your off then with another qualified manager(qualified is a 5 minute computer program to qualify) they can test you at any given time..This applies to any employee. I don't agree with this but its a thing,,, what you need to know is that if a member gets tested and he or she knows its a hot sample they need to seek a steward and tell them asap,,, then both go to managers and ask for help with the drug problem,,, The most important part is to do this request before the test results return,, then your protected under article 35 in the masters... if you don't then Management will try to terminate you and on many occasions they are succsessful

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
art.35 in the Masters... new policy states if managers feel your off then with another qualified manager(qualified is a 5 minute computer program to qualify) they can test you at any given time..This applies to any employee. I don't agree with this but its a thing,,, what you need to know is that if a member gets tested and he or she knows its a hot sample they need to seek a steward and tell them asap,,, then both go to managers and ask for help with the drug problem,,, The most important part is to do this request before the test results return,, then your protected under article 35 in the masters... if you don't then Management will try to terminate you and on many occasions they are succsessful

Absolutely disagree. Telling management you "have a problem" right before/after they test you for probable cause isn't going to do much of anything.

Instead, the member should request a blood test under Article 35. If their piss is dirty but their blood comes back clean (intent of the language is to "protect" a non-DOT worker who isn't coming to work trashed) then they're given a warning letter and a rehab opportunity.

However, if you're tested for "reasonable cause" then your blood has a high probability of being dirty, as well.