Easiest Route in your Center

rod

Retired 22 years
Not no more----all of them damn windmills have turned the retirement routes in to routes where it is hard to get back on time with your pickups.

By "windmill " do you mean runner gunners? If so by you bragging that you did 75 stops in 45 minutes with the help of your on car you must be the HEAD windmill of your center.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Nope.

If work moves, the route holder can choose to follow the work. Or they could bid another route when it comes up or they could bid back to the extra board.

I understand if work moves.

But, if the core of a permanently bid route suddenly explodes with heavy bulk or large office/apartment complexes, the bid driver may be screwed.

A couple years before I retired, my easy, mostly rural route had a large influx of gas field companies. It sucked. Thankfully, I didn't have to wait for a bid year because I was leaving.

We didn't have and 'extra board.' You were a full time driver whether you were a bid driver or a cover driver. Cover drivers were only those without a bid route.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I understand if work moves.

But, if the core of a permanently bid route suddenly explodes with heavy bulk or large office/apartment complexes, the bid driver may be screwed.

A couple years before I retired, my easy, mostly rural route had a large influx of gas field companies. It sucked. Thankfully, I didn't have to wait for a bid year because I was leaving.

We didn't have and 'extra board.' You were a full time driver whether you were a bid driver or a cover driver. Cover drivers were only those without a bid route.

We are having the same issue here with the wind farms.