Easiest Route in your Center

purehavanne

Not all routes are created equal. I'm figuring this out as a cover driver. More seniority, easier the route (and usually lazier the lucky driver.)

Describe the easiest route in your center.

Cementups

Box Monkey
My route two routes ago. Leave at 8:30 and head back about 5. I had days where I was completely done at 2:30-3:00 and then just had to screw around before heading in. That was before telematics and you could do that and get away with it. At the max i would do 160 stops. Now the guy cries if he has 130. And it's 90-90% residential.
My route now isn't too bad either. EAMS at 7:15, start regular run about 8:50. Usually in the 140-150 range. Have off between 60-90 stops before 1pm, lunch 1-130, and the last 60-80 stops over the next 2 hours, pickups (about 7 pickups/40 pieces tops) from 3:45-4:30, drive in and off the clock about 5-515. My route usually covers on about 3 square miles so it's all pretty tight. During peak my route shrinks down to about 1.2 square miles. More stops, tighter area.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
The same route run by a regular driver vs a cover driver probably look very different.

Early on I was called in twice when drivers had to leave early for family emergencies. Those routes were so light they were sending me messages to help other drivers before noon. Very eye opening for a noobie.

a911scanner

My route two routes ago. Leave at 8:30 and head back about 5. I had days where I was completely done at 2:30-3:00 and then just had to screw around before heading in. That was before telematics and you could do that and get away with it. At the max i would do 160 stops. Now the guy cries if he has 130. And it's 90-90% residential.
My route now isn't too bad either. EAMS at 7:15, start regular run about 8:50. Usually in the 140-150 range. Have off between 60-90 stops before 1pm, lunch 1-130, and the last 60-80 stops over the next 2 hours, pickups (about 7 pickups/40 pieces tops) from 3:45-4:30, drive in and off the clock about 5-515. My route usually covers on about 3 square miles so it's all pretty tight. During peak my route shrinks down to about 1.2 square miles. More stops, tighter area.

30-40 stops per hour for the 2 hours after lunch? You, Sir, are my hero.

GenericUsername

He said it's a tight area, so that's the reasoning. Here, if you can pull 21-25 stops an hour, you're a hero. I once had a super tight resi route one day that went down 1 main street with subdevelopments on the sides with an average of 30 stops an hour for 6 hours.

Cementups

Box Monkey
30-40 stops per hour for the 2 hours after lunch? You, Sir, are my hero.

did you read the part of how tight my area is. I have quite a few spots where I park the truck and hit 3-4 stops at a time. It comes of easy when you don't have to travel far and can walk a few off at a time.

Purplepackage

Our easiest route like that is usually between 47-60 stops but it covers well over 400 miles. But still the easiest route IMO.

Routes like that are easy but I also find them to be more stressful when they are busy.

A 300 mile route that's doing 90 stops makes me feel like ill never get done

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I probably have the best route in my Center. Heavy pickup day, one RS package

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1478461741.571539.jpg

Grey

There's a downtown route I cover that I can complete all dels/pu's from two parking spots. Doing that route is better than a day off.

ChrisTheBrown

Our easiest route like that is usually between 47-60 stops but it covers well over 400 miles. But still the easiest route IMO.
I couldn't imagine driving that much daily...I average about 100 miles total, every day. Usually beat Orion by 15-20 miles a day, cuz the system makes it a lot more difficult & complicated...But that's just Orion.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I couldn't imagine driving that much daily...I average about 100 miles total, every day. Usually beat Orion by 15-20 miles a day, cuz the system makes it a lot more difficult & complicated...But that's just Orion.
I love that route in the summer, but haven't done it in winter with snow and ice. I have no desire to either lol.