Economics priorities poll.

Cowboy Mac

They can keep the ac for all I care. Give me a big vent in the cargo area and $10 raise and I am good. Not to much to ask for.
$10 would be nice. We had a company in our local sign a contract with 24% in raises over 5 years. The economy demands it.

But it sounds like UPS is playing hard ball with pay because they know if we go on strike they can say we gave them AC and all this other stuff and they turned it down.
That’s worse than PVD’s. No 2 tier FT
I think 22.4s is a given but they want to see what if the other issues is most important to us.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They’re asking to be struck. They want to give us AC and better 9.5 and 8 hour penalties and make us pay for it? No way in hell. No Raise No Contract.
It’s probably the one place they feel they can get public support. Think they may be surprised if we simply frame it as company profits up 100%. Wages less than inflation.

Cowboy Mac

It’s probably the one place they feel they can get public support. Think they may be surprised if we simply frame it as company profits up 100%. Wages less than inflation.
Someone needs to make a video showing how much UPS employees rent has gone up, housing costs, gas, food, etc. Compare that with how much their pay has gone up. Especially part timers. I think that would get public support.

Someone needs to make a video showing how much UPS employees rent has gone up, housing costs, gas, food, etc. Compare that with how much their pay has gone up. Especially part timers. I think that would get public support.
Especially part timers? You mean ONLY part timers. UPSers' rent hasn't gone up, the country's rent has gone up. No one gonna feel bad for a $130k truck driver paying higher rent when the median American household is at $70k.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Especially part timers? You mean ONLY part timers. UPSers' rent hasn't gone up, the country's rent has gone up. No one gonna feel bad for a $130k truck driver paying higher rent when the median American household is at $70k.
Especially if they think you’re riding in AC all day, like a fat feedah drivah.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Now they think they have an issue to generate sympathy with.
Thing is they don’t realize SOB don’t give a flying :censored2: if they gain sympathy or not. He’s been nothing if not up front and clear about what our expectations are and how negotiations will work.

He’s not doing this we start at A they start at Z and we meet at M. He’s starting at K and you better come back close to it. Or nothing will happen until you do.

...like a fat feedah drivah.
200 (21).gif

Cowboy Mac

Well that’s sad at a time when the whole country is getting screwed and it seems like we’re the only ones fighting for our wages.